The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2022 Posts: 23,424
    I kind of planned ahead with this blank GW, I currently have 8 players after my Free Transfer, I won't bother bringing anyone else in.
    ---
    Double GW 31 and 33
    I kind of planned ahead with this blank GW, I currently have 8 players after my Free Transfer, I won't bother bringing anyone else in.
    ---
    Double GW 31 and 33

Seems like a good decision, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. With doubles coming up, we might be better off saving transfer in preparation for the gameweeks ahead.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Liverpool winning has made things interesting in the top four race, United have a glimmer of hope though still think we will fall short.

Need City to win the league though as the most ever Premiershio wins will be at risk. I don't want Liverpool to draw level certainly when we are so crap.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 17,302
    Liverpool winning has made things interesting in the top four race, United have a glimmer of hope though still think we will fall short.

Need City to win the league though as the most ever Premiershio wins will be at risk. I don't want Liverpool to draw level certainly when we are so crap.

Indeed. I think Arsenal needed a result to really position themselves for a top four finish. Now it feels like they might easily slip up their chances of CL football.

The title race will be tight. Every game will matter for both City and Liverpool, and each game will almost be comparable to a cup final!
    I took a - 8 nothing to lose I need points plus with a likely low scoring week it gives me the opportunity to get rid of a few out of form players from out of form teams.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited March 2022 Posts: 2,355

Indeed. I think Arsenal needed a result to really position themselves for a top four finish. Now it feels like they might easily slip up their chances of CL football.

The title race will be tight. Every game will matter for both City and Liverpool, and each game will almost be comparable to a cup final!

Arsenal were playing better than us but ramsdale had a shocker. Bring back Leno ?

Arsenal should make the top four surely.

The Big one:
    Monday 11 April 2022 Man City v Liverpool
    I took a - 8 nothing to lose I need points plus with a likely low scoring week it gives me the opportunity to get rid of a few out of form players from out of form teams.

That's quite a gamble in a gameweek like this! Your team looks well set up for a good scoer though! :-)

Arsenal were playing better than us but ramsdale had a shocker. Bring back Leno ?

Arsenal should make the top four surely.

The Big one:
    Monday 11 April 2022 Man City v Liverpool

Nah, I don't think Leno will see significant game time this season the way Ramsdale has performed. All signs look like he's nor part of the club this summer too, with Arsenal signing Matt Turner of New England Revolution. Arsenal should make top four, but it's a young team that lacks the experience to grind out results week in week out. I still expect them to fall short.

That's a HUGE game. It will no doubt be the season defining game in the PL.
    Gameweek 29 finished just in time for the Friday night deadline tonight. And it was an interesting double gameweek that saw some really good scores overall – and our league as well. Best of all was Kicked in Dias, scoring impressive 113 points, and a gameweek rank of 99 203. Congratulations! =D>

Pc3dupv.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias

A bit late since I missed the deadline this week, but here's the gameweek 30 captains!
    Kane: 8
    Salah: 5
    Fernandes: 2
    Coutinho: 2
    Grealish: 1
    King: 1
    Kulusevski: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Saka: 1
    Ronaldo: 1
    Son: 1
    Watkins: 1
    Toney: 1
    Mount: 1
    Coady: 1

The captaincy list looks a bit different this week, due to the reduced number of fixtures. That doesn't stop Salah from becoming our seconf most captained player though. Those managers will have to hope for the playing players to deliver! Kane is the most captained players this week, backed by 8 managers. Good luck everyone!
    Congratulations Kicked in Dias
    ---
    Ramsdale, Martinelli and Ings not starting in today's game.
    Congratulations Kicked in Dias
    ---
    Ramsdale, Martinelli and Ings not starting in today's game.

Only had 9 players before the deadline, and with Raphinha and Ramsdale missing out from their games as well, this will be a very tricky gameweek…
    Saka scored that's one consolation for me, though need Villa to win this one.
    Phew! Massive three points for Arsenal, in a game that could have gone either way in the second half. Incredible poor refereeing yet again saw Xhaka get a yellow for numerous offences, yet at the time he did get the yellow he'd only made one… Matty Cash on the other hand escaped a booking despite actual numerous offences.
    Bringing Son and Kane in in recent weeks certainly paid off, decent score despite not many featuring or doing well.
    Phew! Massive three points for Arsenal, in a game that could have gone either way in the second half. Incredible poor refereeing yet again saw Xhaka get a yellow for numerous offences, yet at the time he did get the yellow he'd only made one… Matty Cash on the other hand escaped a booking despite actual numerous offences.

I really think fourth is yours now, United are way too inconsistent to make the ground up. Arsenal look decent to be fair.
    Bringing Son and Kane in in recent weeks certainly paid off, decent score despite not many featuring or doing well.

I really think fourth is yours now, United are way too inconsistent to make the ground up. Arsenal look decent to be fair.

Yes, the double-up of Kane and Son (as well as Kulusevski or Doherty for his big haul) has really paid off. I might have to drop Son to spread funds – which might backfire…

I think the game in hand playing Sp*rs will be very decisive. A loss there, and both Sp*rs and United can easily move past Arsenal on the table. I still expect Arsenal to get more than a few bad results from the upcoming fixtures. Chelsea away is bound to be three points lost.

Yes, the double-up of Kane and Son (as well as Kulusevski or Doherty for his big haul) has really paid off. I might have to drop Son to spread funds – which might backfire…

I think the game in hand playing Sp*rs will be very decisive. A loss there, and both Sp*rs and United can easily move past Arsenal on the table. I still expect Arsenal to get more than a few bad results from the upcoming fixtures. Chelsea away is bound to be three points lost.

I will likely stick with Son and Kane for a while, though admittedly I have only glanced at GW33, not sure what shape my team is in for that Double GW. Plenty of time yet to plan ahead. I will likely ignore the Double GW 31.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 17,302

I will likely stick with Son and Kane for a while, though admittedly I have only glanced at GW33, not sure what shape my team is in for that Double GW. Plenty of time yet to plan ahead. I will likely ignore the Double GW 31.

Gameweek 33 is a tricky one, I feel. There's always an upside, at the same time I'm not sure how many double gameweek players I want to target. With a Free Hit left that's always an option though, but that could be a strong chip in one of the later gameweeks…

I definitely agree on double GW 31.
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,424
    Not much tinkering for me for tomorrows GW.

Just watching the World Cup draw... I have already booked holiday for November/December I will keep an eye on WC Fantasy Football also, it will be a unique mini break in the middle of usual FPL.

As far as the draw goes I dont care who England get at this point, we are a good side.
    I wonder what the odds are for a World cup redraw :))

Very surprised Jermaine Jenas is hosting this draw.
    This method of drawing is a bit convoluted.
    England just drawn USA
    Spain drawn Germany potential group of death...
    England
    Iran
    USA

So far and Englands first game will be vs Iran.
    England
    Iran
    USA
    Scotland/Wales/Ukraine

Unbelievable.
    Full Draw one or two tough groups there...
    World Cup draw in full
    Group A: Qatar – A1, Netherlands – A4, Senegal - A3, Ecuador – A2

Group B: England – B1, USA – B3, Iran – B2, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine – B4

Group C: Argentina – C1, Mexico - C3, Poland - C4, Saudi Arabia – C2

Group D: France – D1, Denmark – D3, Tunisia – D4, UAE/Australia/Peru – D2

Group E: Spain – E1, Germany – E3, Japan – E4, Costa Rica/New Zealand – E2

Group F: Belgium – F1, Croatia – F4, Morocco - F3, Canada - F2

Group G: Brazil – G1, Switzerland – G3, Serbia - G2, Cameroon – G4

Group H: Portugal – H1, Uruguay – H3, South Korea – H4, Ghana - H2
    World Cup draw in full

Some interesting groups here! England and Wales/Scotland in the same group would be fun.

Undecided what to do with my two free transfers this gameweek. Can't really do anything without downgrading one of my premium players…
    World Cup draw in full

Some interesting groups here! England and Wales/Scotland in the same group would be fun.

Undecided what to do with my two free transfers this gameweek. Can't really do anything without downgrading one of my premium players…

Looks like Salah (C) is going to blank, first game back after international break probably contributed to low scoring game.

Do we know if Ramsdale is still out, I forgot to change my keeper.
    World Cup draw in full

Looks like Salah (C) is going to blank, first game back after international break probably contributed to low scoring game.

Do we know if Ramsdale is still out, I forgot to change my keeper.

Salah felt like the safe captaincy choice, but it wasn't the best game from him.

As far as I know, he's still a doubt, so I brought in Pope as a replacement. Also brought in James…

A bit late but here are the gameweek 31 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 14
    Kane: 4
    Grealish: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    King: 1
    Gordon: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Calvert-Lewin: 1
    Ronaldo: 1
    Continho: 1
    Richarlison: 1

Salah is by far the most captained player this gameweek, backed by 14 managers. Unfortunately he failed to deliver to those of us who gave him the armband… Kane is the only other player backed by more than one manager, captained by four managers in our league. Good luck everyone!
    This couldn't have gone worse for Arsenal. Think that's top four done for them with Tierney injured, and what looks like Partey injured too…
    This couldn't have gone worse for Arsenal. Think that's top four done for them with Tierney injured, and what looks like Partey injured too…

Unfortunately United were unable to capatalise its down to you and Spurs for 4th.

Just made two free transfers, two players that are double GW33 players.

Unfortunately United were unable to capatalise its down to you and Spurs for 4th.

Just made two free transfers, two players that are double GW33 players.

Still think United have a shot at 4th. Both United and Sp*rs have the squad depth, whereas Arsenal sold those that would have added to their squad depth in January…

Gameweek 33 will be in my mind when making transfers this gameweek too. Won't rule out Free Hit, depending on the state of my team before the gameweek 33 deadline.