The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Congratulations Benny's Blues and Anfield FC's

---

Well another 1 - 1 draw for United, Treble United players was a risk on our current form. After this Double GW I am going nowhere near this team seasons over for them, team is a mess. I am not even angry just apathetic which is not good, need major changes in the summer.

Any chance of making up ground in FPL has gone I think, if I finish inside the top million I will see that as a result.

Really annoying to see De Gea lose yet another clean sheet as an owner. Looks like I'm already on a -4 for next gameweek :-/

I think you can aim higher than to finish inside the top million @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Your wildcard includes several must haves and other players many will look to target in the coming gameweeks. Already owning them puts you at an advantage. You also have Bench Boost, Triple Captain and a Free Hit left, which can shoot you up the rankings!

My Wildcard was set up primarily for the next Double GW I brought in a few Arsenal players despite blanking this week, I just hope Jota and Coutinho keep up there good form. Sterling owners will be happy with his Hatrick today, not sure I even have considered him an option.

I noticed you bringing in a couple of Arsenal players. I had Martinelli, but then he got the two yellow cards last match… I will look to bring in Ramsdale most likely, just like you did – but that might be the only Arsenal transfer for me, unless I play the wildcard.

I didn't really consider Sterling either. Almost transferred out Foden this gameweek as well because of the Pep roulette, but decided to prioritise other moves instead.

I messed up selling Diaz he got an assist, I did consider keeping him and selling Cancelo instead though felt I should keep Cancelo because I sold TAA :))

Next GW I will bank a transfer as I think I will need two free transfers after that to get rid of Pogba and possibly Bruno unless United get a grip and play like a team.

Oooh, transferring out any of those premium defenders is a bold move! I might need to downgrade my defence at some point soon, but I will do everything I can to find a way to keep Cancelo and Trent.

Ideally I want to save a transfer as well. Thought my team needs a lot of work still, so I doubt it's possible.
    I think I should quit FPL I am clearly not paying attention, I celebrated Bowen's haul then when I checked my team noticed I had sold him :)) no idea why.
    Pogba assist and Bruno (c) goal literally saved my GW in the last minute in Unitted's 2 - 0 win vs Brighton.

Wow! You sold Bowen completely by accident?

Really needed those Fernandes points. That goal of his meant I got a decent green arrow again.

I made several drafts and likely lost track by rushing my final decisions, I will get Bowen in after this GW. Made one transfer this week and fielding a full 11 with a Double GW, debating whether to use Triple captain or Bench Boost chip.

Edited: Make that 10 players as I still have Bruno in my team.

That's really bad luck! Though, if you can field close to a full starting eleven with a double gameweek, you should expect a good green arrow. I can only get to 7 DGW players myself, and that's with a -4. If Jota is out, then it's 7 with a -8…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2022 Posts: 23,334

Good luck with these fixtures everyone :))
    I will worry about GW 28 and 29 next week.

---

Well another 1 - 1 draw for United, Treble United players was a risk on our current form. After this Double GW I am going nowhere near this team seasons over for them, team is a mess. I am not even angry just apathetic which is not good, need major changes in the summer.

Any chance of making up ground in FPL has gone I think, if I finish inside the top million I will see that as a result.

Really annoying to see De Gea lose yet another clean sheet as an owner. Looks like I'm already on a -4 for next gameweek :-/

I think you can aim higher than to finish inside the top million @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Your wildcard includes several must haves and other players many will look to target in the coming gameweeks. Already owning them puts you at an advantage. You also have Bench Boost, Triple Captain and a Free Hit left, which can shoot you up the rankings!

My Wildcard was set up primarily for the next Double GW I brought in a few Arsenal players despite blanking this week, I just hope Jota and Coutinho keep up there good form. Sterling owners will be happy with his Hatrick today, not sure I even have considered him an option.

I noticed you bringing in a couple of Arsenal players. I had Martinelli, but then he got the two yellow cards last match… I will look to bring in Ramsdale most likely, just like you did – but that might be the only Arsenal transfer for me, unless I play the wildcard.

I didn't really consider Sterling either. Almost transferred out Foden this gameweek as well because of the Pep roulette, but decided to prioritise other moves instead.

I messed up selling Diaz he got an assist, I did consider keeping him and selling Cancelo instead though felt I should keep Cancelo because I sold TAA :))

Next GW I will bank a transfer as I think I will need two free transfers after that to get rid of Pogba and possibly Bruno unless United get a grip and play like a team.

Oooh, transferring out any of those premium defenders is a bold move! I might need to downgrade my defence at some point soon, but I will do everything I can to find a way to keep Cancelo and Trent.

Ideally I want to save a transfer as well. Thought my team needs a lot of work still, so I doubt it's possible.
    I think I should quit FPL I am clearly not paying attention, I celebrated Bowen's haul then when I checked my team noticed I had sold him :)) no idea why.
    Pogba assist and Bruno (c) goal literally saved my GW in the last minute in Unitted's 2 - 0 win vs Brighton.

Really needed those Fernandes points. That goal of his meant I got a decent green arrow again.

I made several drafts and likely lost track by rushing my final decisions, I will get Bowen in after this GW. Made one transfer this week and fielding a full 11 with a Double GW, debating whether to use Triple captain or Bench Boost chip.

That's really bad luck! Though, if you can field close to a full starting eleven with a double gameweek, you should expect a good green arrow. I can only get to 7 DGW players myself, and that's with a -4. If Jota is out, then it's 7 with a -8…

Dam only just seen Jota Ankle injury.

Already having three Arsenal players in my team helps as well as two Brighton and one Villa and one Wolves player.

Good luck with these fixtures everyone :))
    I will worry about GW 28 and 29 next week.

---

Dam only just seen Jota Ankle injury.

Already having three Arsenal players in my team helps as well as two Brighton and one Villa and one Wolves player.

Sounds like you should be able to navigate those gameweeks quite easily!

I have no idea what to do now with these announcements. I've looked at a potential wildcard, and Triple Captain. Both looks like good options, but either chip played is quite decisive on the plan going forward…
  • edited February 2022 Posts: 17,280
    There's less than an hour until the next deadline, which means it's just enough time to have a look at gameweek 24! With an average score of 47, it's fun to see several really impressive scores in our league. It was a gameweek where owning the likes of Bowen and captaining Fernandes really paid off, but our gameweek 24 winner CSAC didn't captain either! Instead, the team got a really good score due to the majority of the players returning points. Congratulations! =D>

CabQhfV.png
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC

Remember the 11.00 UK time deadline!
    Ended up playing a late wildcard myself. The Triple Captain was under consideration all the way up to the deadline, but the look of my team for this gameweek and beyond didn't look good, so I pulled the trigger. Hopefully that decision won't backfire!
    Here are the gameweek 26 captaincy picks!

We're heading into a very exciting period of FPL with double gameweeks, and managers looking to get the most out of their chips. Several teams in our league are playing chips this gameweek too, and the Triple Captain in particular is a popular chip to play this gameweek. The captaincy picks also reflect the fact that we have a double gameweek, with the majority of managers picking captains with two fixtures. Salah is by far the most captained, with favourable fixtures against Norwich and Leeds. Good luck everyone!
    Salah: 14
    Alexander-Arnold: 3
    Kane: 2
    Grealish: 1
    King: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Son: 1
    Ronaldo: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Dennis: 1
    Saka: 1
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congratulations CSAC

---

Sorted my team a few days ago and hit Triple Captain, here is hoping [-O< FPL gods dont let me down :))

Edited: just looked at my team for the next GW :-O definately going to have to use my second Free Hit chip.
    Congratulations CSAC

---

Sorted my team a few days ago and hit Triple Captain, here is hoping [-O< FPL gods dont let me down :))

Edited: just looked at my team for the next GW :-O definately going to have to use my second Free Hit chip.

Don't think there will be any better gameweeks for Triple Captain, so you could have a great score by the end of the gamweek!

Yes, next gameweek is Free Hit territory for many managers. I plan on playing it too.
    Despite only 7 players featuring I have 51 points so far (not including bonus points) not bad.

Saka and Dennis scoring winners really should help my ranking.

Two of my players with Double GW's did not feature at all. Cancelo could be called from my bench if neither features in the next game as back up.

Really hoping Salah Triple (C) gets bonus points.
    For god sake Arsenal concede late on Ramsdale and White clean sheet points gone @-) totally ruined my day :))
    Wow watching the Liverpool v Norwich highlights. Salah is some player.
    I was just checking the LiveFPL site for the first time in a while, they really have improved it...

uxDCfWL.png

Our leagues data as of now.

Spurs win away at City, Son and Kane owners are going to be happy. They just knocked me 100 000 places backwards, still got a green arrow currently though.
    Despite only 7 players featuring I have 51 points so far (not including bonus points) not bad.

Two of my players with Double GW's did not feature at all. Cancelo could be called from my bench if neither features in the next game as back up.

That's a terrific score so far! I'm on 42 points so far; I haven't done the calculations, but I fear that playing the Triple Captain (and taking a -8) would have left me with a better gameweek score from the matches played so far. Just like you, I was hoping for an Arsenal clean sheet. Annoyingly, I didn't trust my gut feeling avoiding the double Arsenal defence – I felt the upside was too good to ignore, even though I had a nagging feeling it would backfire against Brentford…
    I was just checking the LiveFPL site for the first time in a while, they really have improved it...

uxDCfWL.png

Spurs win away at City, Son and Kane owners are going to be happy. They just knocked me 100 000 places backwards, still got a green arrow currently though.

Nice find! LiveFPL has really become a great site to use. I haven't had the opportunity to look through all the new features yet.

I did consider Kane on wildcard, but felt that Son was a safer pick. Will definitely consider both for a gameweek 27 Free Hit!

That's a terrific score so far! I'm on 42 points so far; I haven't done the calculations, but I fear that playing the Triple Captain (and taking a -8) would have left me with a better gameweek score from the matches played so far. Just like you, I was hoping for an Arsenal clean sheet. Annoyingly, I didn't trust my gut feeling avoiding the double Arsenal defence – I felt the upside was too good to ignore, even though I had a nagging feeling it would backfire against Brentford…

uxDCfWL.png

Nice find! LiveFPL has really become a great site to use. I haven't had the opportunity to look through all the new features yet.

I did consider Kane on wildcard, but felt that Son was a safer pick. Will definitely consider both for a gameweek 27 Free Hit!

I like that Live FPL shows everyones transfers made etc.

57 points so far those Arsenal double defence really would have catapulted me.

Salah's 3 Bonus points helped a lot wih Triple Captain. I read that Salah was Triple Captained by over 1 Million FPL managers which smashed the previous record held by Kane which was around the 300 000's mark a few seasons ago.

I will be honest I wrote Spurs off with there current form and this GW's fixtures.

Looking at the next few weeks it will be a mistake to Free hit next GW, so will take maybe one hit. so far I have 9 players though not convinced it will be a high scoring GW.

uxDCfWL.png

Salah's 3 Bonus points helped a lot wih Triple Captain. I read that Salah was Triple Captained by over 1 Million FPL managers which smashed the previous record held by Kane which was around the 300 000's mark a few seasons ago.

I will be honest I wrote Spurs off with there current form and this GW's fixtures.

Looking at the next few weeks it will be a mistake to Free hit next GW, so will take maybe one hit. so far I have 9 players though not convinced it will be a high scoring GW.

Yes! It's interesting to get a look at what other people are doing with their transfers. Can you see a long term plan with their moves, or are they just reactionary transfers based on what happened the gameweek before, for example.

Unless the games and teams many targeted with their wildcards deliver, then it looks like those who played the Triple Captain will be the winners of this gameweek.

I kinda wrote of Sp*rs as well, but had Son in as cover and as a possible long term asset. Might need to change things up to get Kane now too…

The gameweek 27 Free Hit doesn't look like one with a huge upside. For those with two Free Hits though, it's a good opportunity to get through a tricky gameweek with players you might not want to target beyond those games. That's where I'm at with a potential Free Hit at least.
    2 - 0 to Man United going into half time. Maguire got first Shaw assist (third sub on my bench gr). Second to Bruno get in Sancho assist.

uxDCfWL.png

Yes! It's interesting to get a look at what other people are doing with their transfers. Can you see a long term plan with their moves, or are they just reactionary transfers based on what happened the gameweek before, for example.

Unless the games and teams many targeted with their wildcards deliver, then it looks like those who played the Triple Captain will be the winners of this gameweek.

I kinda wrote of Sp*rs as well, but had Son in as cover and as a possible long term asset. Might need to change things up to get Kane now too…

The gameweek 27 Free Hit doesn't look like one with a huge upside. For those with two Free Hits though, it's a good opportunity to get through a tricky gameweek with players you might not want to target beyond those games. That's where I'm at with a potential Free Hit at least.

I am looking to get Son in though not sure how to make the move possible at moment will wait till end of GW.
    2 - 0 to Man United going into half time. Maguire got first Shaw assist (third sub on my bench gr). Second to Bruno get in Sancho assist.

My would-be -8/Triple Captain team would have done brilliantly this gameweek. :(

uxDCfWL.png

I am looking to get Son in though not sure how to make the move possible at moment will wait till end of GW.

There are still games to be played, so it's definitely worth waiting and see how things stand once the gameweek is over.
    2 - 3 at Elland road, neither team can defend. Fred puts United back in front with second Sancho assist...

2 - 3 at Elland road, neither team can defend. Fred puts United back in front with second Sancho assist...

Really needed that Raphinha goal myself!
    Elanga gets forth with Bruno assist, Bruno points make up for not having son or Kane. Hoipefully Bruno will get 2 or even 3 bonus points. Must win game for United with other teams winning in the top 4 race.

Match conditions not the best.
    Elanga gets forth with Bruno assist, Bruno points make up for not having son or Kane. Hoipefully Bruno will get 2 or even 3 bonus points. Must win game for United with other teams winning in the top 4 race.

Bruno points this gameweek is sure to give me a red arrow now…

Glad I stuck with him, I almost sold Bruno and kept Pogba if it were not for Pogba recent game time (being subbed in games since return from injury despite being our best player)

Glad I stuck with him, I almost sold Bruno and kept Pogba if it were not for Pogba recent game time (being subbed in games since return from injury despite being our best player)

I just had a look through my drafts for this gameweek, and I would have replaced Bruno with Salah in order to fund the move, so I wouldn't have owned Bruno this gameweek, no matter what chip strategy I would have ended up playing.

The Triple Captain team I would have played is currently three points ahead of my wildcard team when including the hits needed to play it.

I just had a look through my drafts for this gameweek, and I would have replaced Bruno with Salah in order to fund the move, so I wouldn't have owned Bruno this gameweek, no matter what chip strategy I would have ended up playing.

The Triple Captain team I would have played is currently three points ahead of my wildcard team when including the hits needed to play it.

Thats not too bad a margin though I guess it depends on which players you would have had left to feature.

Thats not too bad a margin though I guess it depends on which players you would have had left to feature.

I think it will be close unless Salah goes mon a scoring spree in the next game. Jiménez assist helped, but I think I would have needed a Wolves clean sheet today to call the wildcard (so far) a success.
    Salah currently on 72 points not including bonus <:-P
    Only just realised Matip got a goal, get in hopefully will get clean sheet also. I won't mention my points total yet :))

Burnley takes lead, hopefully Spurs will blank for FPL and Prem.
    Salah now on 78 points as Triple Captain not including bonus for today... Will he get closer to 100 points [-O< grant me this wish FPL gods...

Burnley win huge result for them and impacts top four race. Spurs running out of games in hand.

Palace win 4 - 1 away at Watford, no Eduard he has not featured at all since I bought him. Just noticed he came on late.

Mané goal Henderson assist 4 - 0 now v Leeds. Come on Salah one more goal please...

6 - 0 in the end, Leeds battered.

United in CL been poor though just equalised, Elanga get in. 1 - 1 away to Athletico Madrid.
    Had an off night of football yesterday, as Salah was bound to punish my decision not Triple Captaining him – which he did. Hoped for more points from the Arsenal-Wolves game tonight, but Lacazette was the only player who returned with his assist. On a red arrow with 123 points :))