The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Sh*t…Arsenal with no chance of finishing top six playing like this.

Neither have United, that double save from De Gea vital there, good finish by one of our kids

It's a game that is very tight, yet Arsenal end up on the losing side. Happened so many times before. What will this mean for Emery at Arsenal, I wonder.

Only half time we messed up against Southampton and Wolves, this could easily be a draw. Greenwood is a match winner hope he gets on

Can't see Arsenal getting back from this. Typical Arsenal performance; some teams never change.

When Bellerin and Tierny return you will be a much better side, excuse bad spelling

Both played in the cup (Bellerín only the last ten minutes or so). I think they're a while from starting yet unfortunately.

Ozil on his way out or injured?

He wasn't picked for the squad I think. There has been rumours about a move to a U.S club, but nothing more than that.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    dam
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    No way is that offside, sloppy
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,295
    Of course wrongly given offside for Arsenal goal. It just gets worse.

Wow! Didn't think they'd VAR that!
    Sloppy by United terrible goal to conscede
    Sloppy by United terrible goal to conscede

United will win this. Arsenal's defending will see to that (again).
    Get bloody Greenwood on Ole
    Saka just had a great chance
    Pogba close

He's a great talent. I hope he will get chances to develop at the club.

He's a great talent. I hope he will get chances to develop at the club.

This could go either way
    At last Greenwood and Fred two of our best players

Bad news for Arsenal.

Bad news for Arsenal.

Greenwood is lethal if he gets a chance, the way I look at these two sides both are at the beginning of a rebuild

Bad news for Arsenal.

Greenwood is lethal if he gets a chance, the way I look at these two sides both are at the beginning of a rebuild

Indeed they are, but I must admit having doubts about Emery and his tactics. Interestingly, Freddie Ljungerg is now in the Arsenal coaching team. Future manager?
    Fair result, both teams have potential in there youth and poor senior player barring a couple, just glad we did not lose

Bad news for Arsenal.

Indeed they are, but I must admit having doubts about Emery and his tactics. Interestingly, Freddie Ljungerg is now in the Arsenal coaching team. Future manager?

Not sure what Freddies credentials are as a manager, though I think United are better than Ole's tactics
    Fair result, both teams have potential in there youth and poor senior player barring a couple, just glad we did not lose

I guess we're both disappointed with this result. Both teams could potentially have got more from this game, but it didn't play out that way.

Bad news for Arsenal.

Not sure what Freddies credentials are as a manager, though I think United are better than Ole's tactics

He's only managed the U23's I believe, but he's already making his mark on the first team. You see that with the number of youngsters that played/came on for Arsenal tonight.
    Uniteds worst start to a season since 1989, Ole looked dead man walking to be honest. Class player crap manager
    Uniteds worst start to a season since 1989, Ole looked dead man walking to be honest. Class player crap manager

He wasn't even the best manager/head coach in Eliteserien where he managed Molde, IMO. He should also have been criticised more for his time there; in particularly to some of his decisions with playing one particular player.

He wasn't even the best manager/head coach in Eliteserien where he managed Molde, IMO. He should also have been criticised more for his time there; in particularly to some of his decisions with playing one particular player.

His post match interview instilled zero confidence in me, in fact he sounded like Moyes

His post match interview instilled zero confidence in me, in fact he sounded like Moyes

What did he say?

What did he say?

Generally the same as he usually does, and he seems too accepting of possible decisions going against us like that possible penalty, as a supporter I want more steel and aggression from a manager he comes across as a yes man and too easily of excepting of situations
    Interview with Captain Keano on Sky now, Roy and Scholsey my two favorite players, both nasty, geniuses and took no sh*t. Many players today are too light weight IMO

What did he say?

Generally the same as he usually does, and he seems too accepting of possible decisions going against us like that possible penalty, as a supporter I want more steel and aggression from a manager he comes across as a yes man and too easily of excepting of situations

Solskjær is not that kind of manager - never has been. I'm not surprised by him talking like that in the post-match interview. I do wonder why they didn't get someone else after Mourinho.
    Interview with Captain Keano on Sky now, Roy and Scholsey my two favorite players, both nasty, geniuses and took no sh*t. Many players today are too light weight IMO

Makes you think back to the games between United and Arsenal in the 90's and early 00's…

What did he say?

Solskjær is not that kind of manager - never has been. I'm not surprised by him talking like that in the post-match interview. I do wonder why they didn't get someone else after Mourinho.

Makes you think back to the games between United and Arsenal in the 90's and early 00's…

Yeah I have a lot of respect for the Arsenal team back then they were a real threat and pushed us on. I remember where I was during all those clashes. Whether it be the Ronaldo's masterclass during the 4 - 2 way win. Henry's superb 1 - 0 winner, Gigg's goal in arguably one of the greatest F.A. Cup games of all time for drama, Wiltord's winner. That was a rivalry

What did he say?

Yeah I have a lot of respect for the Arsenal team back then they were a real threat and pushed us on. I remember where I was during all those clashes. Whether it be the Ronaldo's masterclass during the 4 - 2 way win. Henry's superb 1 - 0 winner, Gigg's goal in arguably one of the greatest F.A. Cup games of all time for drama, Wiltord's winner. That was a rivalry

You do miss it, that's for sure. I think what both teams lack at the moment are character's like Vieira and Keane. Looking at them up against each other was something else, but not only that, they were natural leaders within their teams. You get results with players like that.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,394

What did he say?

You do miss it, that's for sure. I think what both teams lack at the moment are character's like Vieira and Keane. Looking at them up against each other was something else, but not only that, they were natural leaders within their teams. You get results with players like that.

Thankfully Mctominay and Tuanzebe are two young players from the youth system that show fight also Dan James who we brought in. United are two seasons away from being decent though we have some great talent that will get better as a good nucleus

What did he say?

Thankfully Mctominay and Tuanzebe are two young players from the youth system that show fight also Dan James who we brought in. United are two seasons away from being decent though we have some great talent that will get better as a good nucleus

United will find themselves in a better position within a couple of years given their budget, as well as some of the youngsters they have available. I'm not so sure about Arsenal. They haven't addressed the defence in a proper way for more than a decade, and you still see the same issues present time and time again. Aubameyang, Lacazette, Guendouzi (and more recently some of the youngsters) are carrying the team at the moment.

What did he say?

United will find themselves in a better position within a couple of years given their budget, as well as some of the youngsters they have available. I'm not so sure about Arsenal. They haven't addressed the defence in a proper way for more than a decade, and you still see the same issues present time and time again. Aubameyang, Lacazette, Guendouzi (and more recently some of the youngsters) are carrying the team at the moment.

I really rate Guendouzi only 20? you have a good player there. United should have never sold Lukaku without a replacement, Greenwood clearly is that potential replacement though Ole wont play him its irritating, he maybe 17 though this kid is unbelievable and would do far better than Rashford who is not a number 9