The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    3 - 3 Silva goal KDB assist.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pope is some keeper.
    Trippeir sent off straight Red.
    Trippier red. That's my transfer for next gameweek sorted!
    Surely will go to VAR.
    No red! Really lucky there!
    Yellow =D>
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Correct decision to change it to a yellow. Well done VAR for once.
    Can Newcastle hang on will make the league more interesting if they do.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,395
    Game of the season so far.

I think Pep only made 1 sub.

If Silva goes to Barca he will be huge loss to City.
    All eyes on the United-Liverpool game tomorrow now! We've had a few surprise results already in the first three gameweeks.
    All eyes on the United-Liverpool game tomorrow now! We've had a few surprise results already in the first three gameweeks.

I honestly don't know which way that game will go, United may just turn up if the team selection is correct.
    Sancho goal, United playing much better.
    That Sancho finish was absolutely glorious.

I honestly don't know which way that game will go, United may just turn up if the team selection is correct.

So far it looks like they have! Liverpool 16th after three games if this result stands.
    2 - 0 Rashford get in.
    Wow 2 - 1 win to United, saw a lot of positives from Ten Hag.
    Ten Hag dropped an F bomb on Sky Sports 😂

Maguire and Shaw need to work extremely hard to get in this side. Personally I would sell Maguire.
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,295

Maguire and Shaw need to work extremely hard to get in this side. Personally I would sell Maguire.

Saw rumours linking Maguire with Chelsea. Has to be a joke surely?

Very important win for United. Can't quite believe the league table after three gameweeks. So many surprise results already.

Very important win for United. Can't quite believe the league table after three gameweeks. So many surprise results already.

Its great to see (admittedly I want United to have more points) It used to be more competitive in the early days of he Prem it makes for a more exciting competition.

Maguire was linked to Chelsea a few weeks ago also, to be honest we are short in that area so cannot see it happening. The way Ten Hag wants to play does not suit Maguire, he would be better off in a back 3 like Chelsea play. In a back 3 Maguire will be protected more.

If Salah had blanked I would not have cared as FPL was secondary yesterday, though it was good to get Captain points and United still win.

Liverpool will win vs Bournemouth next game for sure.

Its great to see (admittedly I want United to have more points) It used to be more competitive in the early days of he Prem it makes for a more exciting competition.

Maguire was linked to Chelsea a few weeks ago also, to be honest we are short in that area so cannot see it happening. The way Ten Hag wants to play does not suit Maguire, he would be better off in a back 3 like Chelsea play. In a back 3 Maguire will be protected more.

If Salah had blanked I would not have cared as FPL was secondary yesterday, though it was good to get Captain points and United still win.

The way this season has started will only put pressure on the big teams to perform. It will be interesting to see if we get a big reaction from Liverpool this weekend!

United did well without Maguire last night. Wonder how his future at United will look like.

All I needed from that game was Salah points, which we got in the end. Liverpool's form give me doubts about captaining him every gameweek, but it's hard to look past the fixture against Bournemouth…
    I'll be sticking with Jesus with the form that he's in. He's pretty much a guaranteed goal or an assist every week with the way he's playing. I'll have De Bruyne there as an alternative. Salah is wonderful but you're relying on him producing a moment of magic when Liverpool aren't playing well and giving him balls.

He was largely anonymous last night aside from his goal.
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,295
    I'll be sticking with Jesus with the form that he's in. He's pretty much a guaranteed goal or an assist every week with the way he's playing. I'll have De Bruyne there as an alternative. Salah is wonderful but you're relying on him producing a moment of magic when Liverpool aren't playing well and giving him balls.

I've seen a few non-Salah teams on Twitter which have started the season really well. Finding the right way to spend the cash otherwise spent on Salah can certainly pay off. And De Bruyne is a captaincy option in any game.

Jesus has been a standout player for Arsenal so far, and he's been involved in so much of what they've been able to create in front of the opposition goal. I'm always wary about Arsenal players though; Arsenal hit a spell of bad form every season, and I expect this season will be no different.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I've seen a few non-Salah teams on Twitter which have started the season really well. Finding the right way to spend the cash otherwise spent on Salah can certainly pay off. And De Bruyne is a captaincy option in any game.

Jesus has been a standout player for Arsenal so far, and he's been involved in so much of what they've been able to create in front of the opposition goal. I'm always wary about Arsenal players though; Arsenal hit a spell of bad form every season, and I expect this season will be no different.

Jesus is probably the epl's top player atm ? Great buy for Arsenal 45m is a bargain.

Pep and Erling don't seem happy that foden and kdb are not passing to him more often after he makes some nice runs ?

The EPL could be a 2 team competition with man c and newcastle (i read somewhere that they are the richest club in the world now) in the coming years ?

Jesus is probably the epl's top player atm ? Great buy for Arsenal 45m is a bargain.

Pep and Erling don't seem happy that foden and kdb are not passing to him more often after he makes some nice runs ?

The EPL could be a 2 team competition with man c and newcastle (i read somewhere that they are the richest club in the world now) in the coming years ?

So far it looks like Jesus has found a team where he can thrive. Arsenal really need a player like that to have a shot at a top four finish. Still think they might fall short of reaching that goal though.

De Bruyne has linked up with Haaland to some extent, but Foden has missed several clear chances putting Haaland through on goal. I doubt it's accidental, and that Foden chooses to go for chances on his own.

Newcastle have a way to go to get up there with City, but they have the funds to build a very strong squad in the coming years. If everything goes Newcastle's way, we might see a shake up of the established "top teams" in the PL.

The way this season has started will only put pressure on the big teams to perform. It will be interesting to see if we get a big reaction from Liverpool this weekend!

United did well without Maguire last night. Wonder how his future at United will look like.

All I needed from that game was Salah points, which we got in the end. Liverpool's form give me doubts about captaining him every gameweek, but it's hard to look past the fixture against Bournemouth…

The way City and Arsenal dispatched Bournemouth I see a win, even if Liverpool concede they will score a hat full. Liverpool were pretty good at home vs Palace when down to ten men.

I am sticking with Salah for now and he will be Captain for me again, he is consistent.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,355

The way City and Arsenal dispatched Bournemouth I see a win, even if Liverpool concede they will score a hat full. Liverpool were pretty good at home vs Palace when down to ten men.

I am sticking with Salah for now and he will be Captain for me again, he is consistent.

Bournemouth have to park the bus like a lot of teams do against Liverpool to get a result you would think ?

Salah certainly is consistent over the past 5 years plus.

Do you think ETH will stick with the same tactics against Southampton ?
    Casimiro $5m could start.

Bournemouth have to park the bus like a lot of teams do against Liverpool to get a result you would think ?

Salah has that individual brilliance to do a lot on his own, Liverpool will bounce back. Man United were excellent last Monday in the first half certainly caught me by surprise, United out ran Liverpool which rarely happens by about 25 Kilometers if I remember correctly.

Difficult to tell if Casemiro will start as not sure about his fitness. United will look to have more possession and pin Southampton into there own box, Casemiro will help stop the opposition breaking the press. Having Varane's and Martinez recovery pace will help Ten Hag implement the high press also. Maguire is a liability in the way Ten hag wants to play. Its no surprise Ole always parked the bus to protect Maguire from being exposed.

Edited: Casemiro has his work permit sorted so training with the team today.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,355

Salah has that individual brilliance to do a lot on his own, Liverpool will bounce back. Man United were excellent last Monday in the first half certainly caught me by surprise, United out ran Liverpool which rarely happens by about 25 Kilometers if I remember correctly.

Difficult to tell if Casemiro will start as not sure about his fitness. United will look to have more possession and pin Southampton into there own box, Casemiro will help stop the opposition breaking the press. Having Varane's and Martinez recovery pace will help Ten Hag implement the high press also. Maguire is a liability in the way Ten hag wants to play. Its no surprise Ole always parked the bus to protect Maguire from being exposed.

A lot of managers don't start their new signings, like Casemiro so soon. Maybe next gw ?

It will be interesting to see what tactics ETH uses this gw.

I still think that Liverpool should use Trent as a midfielder and have Joe Gomez in his position.
    Klopp is putting TAA under a lot of pressure playing him there (out of position)imo.

A lot of managers don't start their new signings, like Casemiro so soon. Maybe next gw ?

It will be interesting to see what tactics ETH uses this gw.

I still think that Liverpool should use Trent as a midfielder and have Joe Gomez in his position.
    Klopp is putting TAA under a lot of pressure playing him there (out of position)imo.

If he is fit I think Casemiro will probably start, we cant afford to drop more points.

TAA would do well in midfield as a play maker for sure, his defending is not great if no one is covering for him.

---

Watching the Champions League draw, lets see if they mess it up again lol