The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,394
    Congratulations Honesty FC

---

Ok folks time to pull your hair out, two Double GW's incoming very soon...
    FpxKOqj.png

qBRzf7H.png

Also GW 26 will be a Double GW though fixtures not announced yet.

---

I am looking at two players to bring in after this GW which would involve a hit though apparently GW 26 will be a bigger Double GW so caution is advisable I think, no quick transfers from me this time. Just glad like most people I already have 3 City assets.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited February 2021 Posts: 2,354
    Congratulations Honesty FC

---

Ok folks time to pull your hair out, two Double GW's incoming very soon...

Also GW 26 will be a Double GW though fixtures not announced yet.

---

I am looking at two players to bring in after this GW which would involve a hit though apparently GW 26 will be a bigger Double GW so caution is advisable I think, no quick transfers from me this time. Just glad like most people I already have 3 City assets.

Probably just 1 player for me this GW.
    I'll pick the team a few hours before the first game.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 17,295
    With two free transfers, I'm playing one this gameweek in preparation for the doubles. But as we don't know yet how they will be, I'm keeping the other in order to have two free's for the next gameweek.

I might wildcard soon, but if the fixtures are scheduled favourably I might have a chance to keep it for a bit longer. It's really down to the question if I can maximise my team with the wildcard and playing one of the chips, or if I can get a decent team just by making transfers.
    Here are the gameweek 23 captaincy picks!
    Fernandes: 5
    Son: 2
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Giroud: 1
    Lingaard: 1
    Salah: 1
    Ings: 1
    Grealish: 1
    Werner: 1
    Bamford: 1
    Antonio: 1
    Soucek: 1

For a gameweek where many probably have found it difficult deciding on a captain, it's fun to see such a varied list of captains. Only Fernandes stands out, backed by five managers. It will be interesting to see which captaincy pick brings in the most points!

Good luck everyone!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dam missed the deadline, think I benched Bamford this time and played Gundgan, Bruno was my Captain last I looked.

Dam just looked at my team, I was seriously thinking off Benching Dias and Edereson for Cresswell and Areola, best I can ask for now is a 0 - 0 in the Liverpool v City game.
    Dam missed the deadline, think I benched Bamford this time and played Gundgan, Bruno was my Captain last I looked.

Dam just looked at my team, I was seriously thinking off Benching Dias and Edereson for Cresswell and Areola, best I can ask for now is a 0 - 0 in the Liverpool v City game.

Didn't have a choice really, so I played both my City defenders and Gündogan. Will be hoping for a clean sheet and goal involvement for my City players. Can't expect for either to happen though…
    Villa 1 up Watkins again Troare assist, Watkins so glad I got him in.

Didn't have a choice really, so I played both my City defenders and Gündogan. Will be hoping for a clean sheet and goal involvement for my City players. Can't expect for either to happen though…

Was a risk if I had dropped City as they are capable of getting a clean sheet tomorrow. It even popped into my head to drop Salah, though realistically you just cant drop premium players.
    Villa 1 up Watkins again Troare assist, Watkins so glad I got him in.

Was a risk if I had dropped City as they are capable of getting a clean sheet tomorrow. It even popped into my head to drop Salah, though realistically you just cant drop premium players.

Fully expected Villa to dominate this game, and I even considered captaining Watkins. Ended up with Fernandes (C) / Raphinha (VC) in the end.

There's been a lot of discussions about who to play and bench this gameweek, on Twitter, Youtube etc. The majority looks to have played Salah, and benching on or two of their City assets.
    Bednerak nightmare week continues with an own goal, was his Red Card rescinded?
    Wilson gone off injured dam, wish I had picked Bamford now.
    Bednerak nightmare week continues with an own goal, was his Red Card rescinded?

Yes, it was. And the similar situation with Luiz didn't for some reason…
    Wilson gone off injured dam, wish I had picked Bamford now.

Couldn't predict that to happen though. He was a good option this gameweek.

Goal against and a yellow card for Ben Mee. Brought him in for the upcoming double as I needed a Chilwell replacement. Won't be surprised if Chilwell starts now to make things worse!
    After a few good GW's I am due a bad one, this could be a bad one with the Liverpool v City game. I really need Bruno amd Rashford and Shaw to get me points v Everton.
    After a few good GW's I am due a bad one, this could be a bad one with the Liverpool v City game. I really need Bruno amd Rashford and Shaw to get me points v Everton.

I think I'm due a bad gameweek too. This could easily be a red arrow gameweek having to play all my City assets + Salah. My hope to gain some points was in the early kick-off, which I fortunately did (and expected with that Arsenal side playing Villa).

I think I'm due a bad gameweek too. This could easily be a red arrow gameweek having to play all my City assets + Salah. My hope to gain some points was in the early kick-off, which I fortunately did (and expected with that Arsenal side playing Villa).

So many managers have 3 City assets which will help soften the blow. Fulham v WH is still 0- 0 Cresswell and Areola I had in one of my starting lineups removing City assets, I bet regret not making the moves.

So many managers have 3 City assets which will help soften the blow. Fulham v WH is still 0- 0 Cresswell and Areola I had in one of my starting lineups removing City assets, I bet regret not making the moves.

it ended 0-0…

Difficult gameweek to nail the decisions though, I think. Feels like a gameweek where anything can happen.

it ended 0-0…

Difficult gameweek to nail the decisions though, I think. Feels like a gameweek where anything can happen.

And both players with Bonus points oh well, my own fault for not taking the gamble.
    Get in Cavani goal, Rashford assist.
    Brilliant brilliant goal from Brunooooo! Get in! AWB assist.

it ended 0-0…

And both players with Bonus points oh well, my own fault for not taking the gamble.

Typical FPL, isn't it! I fear some benched points this GW too.
    _______

Really needed those points from Fernandes. Haven't had the best of luck with the captaincy lately, and it feels like a gameweek where every points will matter.

it ended 0-0…

_______

Really needed those points from Fernandes. Haven't had the best of luck with the captaincy lately, and it feels like a gameweek where every points will matter.

I think I will be lucky if I get 50 points this GW, though not many will score too highly as people wont sell City assets even more so because of next GW. A clean sheet from Shaw would be great and Rashford and Bruno involvement in more goals, Everton look like they will concede more.
    Everton goal Dacoure goal think its a DCL assist dam, looked soft goal to concede.

2 - 2 United gone to sleep.

it ended 0-0…

_______

I think I will be lucky if I get 50 points this GW, though not many will score too highly as people wont sell City assets even more so because of next GW. A clean sheet from Shaw would be great and Rashford and Bruno involvement in more goals, Everton look like they will concede more.

I don't think it will be a high scoring gameweek either, and I can imagine a scenario where a couple of key players are the difference between a great/good gameweek and a bad one. That happens sometimes.
    Everton goal Dacoure goal think its a DCL assist dam, looked soft goal to concede.

2 - 2 United gone to sleep.

Even with Fernandes (C), it was important for me that United conceded. I see a lot of teams with one of De Gea, Magure, Wan-Bissaka or Shaw around.
    Get in Mctominay goal and.... Shaw assist needed that after conceding.

Dam Shaw Yellow card.
    Get in Mctominay goal and.... Shaw assist needed that after conceding.

Dam Shaw Yellow card.

Many of my money league rivals got Shaw. That assist was inevitable! Looks like my money league standing will come down to who benched who for that Liverpool-City game.
    Unbelievable DCL scores in the last minute 3 - 3 forget the title shocking defending costing us.
    Unbelievable DCL scores in the last minute 3 - 3 forget the title shocking defending costing us.

Damn, why didn't I play Calvert-Lewin!

I have just bought him, sold Wilson. Got DCL for the Double GW.

Good move now that Wilson is injured. Many who don't own him already, will be bringing in Calvert-Lewin now.

Good move now that Wilson is injured. Many who don't own him already, will be bringing in Calvert-Lewin now.

Thankfully I had 1 Million in the bank, wanted to get DCL earlier though Wilson was doing ok.

Thankfully I had 1 Million in the bank, wanted to get DCL earlier though Wilson was doing ok.

That's the issue with those cheap to mid price strikers; we can't have all of them! I've wanted Wilson for a long time now, but just haven't been able to find a place for him – or a free transfer to bring him in with.