The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Interesting will they let me bring him in if a player is not playing from starting line up?

Going to let a few transfers accumulate as want to bring in Salah or Hazard for Kane in a few weeks, other than Aguero the top strikers are not delivering. I may get more points with a good five man midfield.

Yeah, if one of your starting eleven doesn't play any minutes during the GW, automatic substitutions will be made from your benching order. The only exception is if you start 3 defenders and one of your defenders doesn't play – then the first defender on your bench will come in, as you have to play at least three defenders.

Having two transfers can be a good move if possible. It gives you an advantage re. transfers and hits. Hope to save a transfer myself!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,395
    Interesting will they let me bring him in if a player is not playing from starting line up?

Going to let a few transfers accumulate as want to bring in Salah or Hazard for Kane in a few weeks, other than Aguero the top strikers are not delivering. I may get more points with a good five man midfield.

Yeah, if one of your starting eleven doesn't play any minutes during the GW, automatic substitutions will be made from your benching order. The only exception is if you start 3 defenders and one of your defenders doesn't play – then the first defender on your bench will come in, as you have to play at least three defenders.

Having two transfers can be a good move if possible. It gives you an advantage re. transfers and hits. Hope to save a transfer myself!

If its benching order then Bamba won't come on as he is third on my bench Gr, cheers though I was not aware of that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11706/11550597/wilfried-zaha-ruled-out-of-crystal-palace-v-tottenham-with-hamstring-problem

Could be out for a while, Palace will struggle further without him.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,295
    Isn't he second on your bench, behind Steve Cook?

A Palace without Zaha will struggle for wins; their record with and without him is very different, if I remember the stats correctly. Hopefully (as a Norwegian), that will see game time for Sørloth – who has got few minutes for Palace so far.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

A Palace without Zaha will struggle for wins; their record with and without him is very different, if I remember the stats correctly. Hopefully (as a Norwegian), that will see game time for Sørloth – who has got few minutes for Palace so far.

Second yeah in outfield players, Bamba got ten points with bonus added even more disgruntled lol

Palace desperately need a plan B, I wonder how long they will stick with Roy.

Second yeah in outfield players, Bamba got ten points with bonus added even more disgruntled lol

Pogba not playing I see, but unfortunately Richarlison did – looks like the Bamba points stay on the bench. Still a decent score this week, though!

Pogba not playing I see, but unfortunately Richarlison did – looks like the Bamba points stay on the bench. Still a decent score this week, though!

71 best score in our league three weeks running, if only I got those Bamba points.

71 best score in our league three weeks running, if only I got those Bamba points.

That's a great score! Wonder what GW rank you would have got with the Bamba points coming on; a rank of 81k will see the overall rank take quite the leap.

That's a great score! Wonder what GW rank you would have got with the Bamba points coming on; a rank of 81k will see the overall rank take quite the leap.

My relentless competitive side is kicking in, win at all costs

That's the spirit! :-D

It's going to be tough to make up 80 points to catch you at the top.

I was looking through the list of injured players there is alot, though I suspect it's because of the International break.

It's going to be tough to make up 80 points to catch you at the top.

I was looking through the list of injured players there is alot, though I suspect it's because of the International break.

80 points is nothing at this stage, really. A couple of good captaincy picks and a few good GW and all those point can be equaled!

Four injured players in my team, I see. Injured players often manage to use the international breaks to get fit again, so there's no need to do transfers now just because a few players are flagged as injured. Wait until next week and keep an eye on press conference news, etc.
    Here's the captaincy picks for gameweek 13! Half the league put their faith in Agüero this week, with Salah, Sterling, Mané, Richarlison and Hazard making the other captaincy picks. All good options!
    Agüero: 5
    Salah: 2
    Sterling: 1
    Mané: 1
    Richarlison: 1
    Hazard: 1
    This gameweek certainly didn't go well!

Worst score week for me so far though I expected it, I am sticking with the players I have for next game though Martial and Pogba are close to the exit door the week after as United are bloody awful.

Worst score week for me so far though I expected it, I am sticking with the players I have for next game though Martial and Pogba are close to the exit door the week after as United are bloody awful.

United have southampton up next, so I'd definitely hold them both for one more week (depending on midweek games of course).

Double Wolves defence (if only to free up some cash) backfired terribly for me. Might need to reconsider that move quickly.

United have southampton up next, so I'd definitely hold them both for one more week (depending on midweek games of course).

Double Wolves defence (if only to free up some cash) backfired terribly for me. Might need to reconsider that move quickly.

United have a few decent fixtures coming up though I am very much Jose out still, and usually when Martial has a bad game he is benched for about half a season lol

I brought Pickford in this week which paid off, my previous keepers were giving no points. I am looking forward to the Christmas period with congested games, I want to have at least two free transfers heading into that period.

I am moving away from Wolves and Watford players, both sides are Jekyll and Hyde with there performances.

I think Fulham may have a few weeks of gaining a few points with the Tinker Man now in charge.

United have a few decent fixtures coming up though I am very much Jose out still, and usually when Martial has a bad game he is benched for about half a season lol

I brought Pickford in this week which paid off, my previous keepers were giving no points. I am looking forward to the Christmas period with congested games, I want to have at least two free transfers heading into that period.

I am moving away from Wolves and Watford players, both sides are Jekyll and Hyde with there performances.

I think Fulham may have a few weeks of gaining a few points with the Tinker Man now in charge.

Martial certainly is a difficult player from a FPL perspective. No way of knowing what Mou might do when it comes to benching players! Considered Digne over Vinagre, but decided to wait on that move. Shouldn't have done that.

Fulham have plenty of budget options. If Ranieri makes them a better side, a cheap attacking midfielder, striker – or even defender might be an option going forward. A wait and see perhaps.

Martial certainly is a difficult player from a FPL perspective. No way of knowing what Mou might do when it comes to benching players! Considered Digne over Vinagre, but decided to wait on that move. Shouldn't have done that.

Fulham have plenty of budget options. If Ranieri makes them a better side, a cheap attacking midfielder, striker – or even defender might be an option going forward. A wait and see perhaps.

I also almost brought in Digne though opted for his team mate in goal, I wish I had gone for a 4 5 1 early on and flooded the midfield with quality.

I also almost brought in Digne though opted for his team mate in goal, I wish I had gone for a 4 5 1 early on and flooded the midfield with quality.

At least you tapped into that Everton clean sheet! Struggling a bit to find the optimal formation with the team; forwards seems like an on-and-off thing for the premium ones, while the midfield has plenty to offer. Will be a week of thinking leading up to the next deadline, I think!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My only good decision this week was to captain Sterling! :)) My blood boiled when I checked Arsenal line-up earlier, as I sold Aubameyang and kept Lacazette. :))
    My only good decision this week was to captain Sterling! :)) My blood boiled when I checked Arsenal line-up earlier, as I sold Aubameyang and kept Lacazette. :))

Sterling captain certainly makes up for a Lacazette no-show! From what I've read, it was just a precaution from a slight injury. He'll be back next weekend, I think.

At least you tapped into that Everton clean sheet! Struggling a bit to find the optimal formation with the team; forwards seems like an on-and-off thing for the premium ones, while the midfield has plenty to offer. Will be a week of thinking leading up to the next deadline, I think!
    Glad there is a midweek game by next sat I can adjust it with two free transfers, on the fence with Hazard in midfield he vanishes for periods, Salah has to come in over Xmas period.

Glad there is a midweek game by next sat I can adjust it with two free transfers, on the fence with Hazard in midfield he vanishes for periods, Salah has to come in over Xmas period.

Two transfers is a great advantage now that the likes of Agüero and Hazard didn't deliver. It gives you the possibility to play around a bit (if looking at options), without necessary needing to take hits.

I'm on the fence about both - and Salah actually (points vs. price in the game more than anything). Might need to take a gamble by the weekend; don't like to do so, but it's difficult improving the overall rank with the current squad. Don't want to take a hit though, as I did that before this GW.

Two transfers is a great advantage now that the likes of Agüero and Hazard didn't deliver. It gives you the possibility to play around a bit (if looking at options), without necessary needing to take hits.

I'm on the fence about both - and Salah actually (points vs. price in the game more than anything). Might need to take a gamble by the weekend; don't like to do so, but it's difficult improving the overall rank with the current squad. Don't want to take a hit though, as I did that before this GW.

I think Salah will deliver against tired teams over Christmas, though price is an issue I have stuck with Kane all season not cheap

I think Salah will deliver against tired teams over Christmas, though price is an issue I have stuck with Kane all season not cheap

Balancing which premium players to include in the team is very difficult. Having both Salah and Kane - the most expensive players in the game – is difficult to achieve without sacrificing elsewhere. Do you drop Hazard, for example? Agüero? Sterling? Mané? Ideally three of these should at least be considered, but it's damn difficult to build a team around these players!

Balancing which premium players to include in the team is very difficult. Having both Salah and Kane - the most expensive players in the game – is difficult to achieve without sacrificing elsewhere. Do you drop Hazard, for example? Agüero? Sterling? Mané? Ideally three of these should at least be considered, but it's damn difficult to build a team around these players!

I got my fixtures mixed up just realised it CL games midweek...

True what you say its better to have several players around Richarlisons price range, plus its easier to swap those types of players. If it was Kane of last year I would be laughing to the bank, he was hitting Hatricks for fun last season.

True what you say its better to have several players around Richarlisons price range, plus its easier to swap those types of players. If it was Kane of last year I would be laughing to the bank, he was hitting Hatricks for fun last season.

I'd definitely hold any transfers until after the midweek games. Injuries can happen.

The tricky thing is finding mid-priced to low-priced players delivering decent scores. It only seem to happen now and then, and not consistently (Wilson an exception). Haven't seen many Sp*rs matches (for obvious reasons), but Kane has - from what I've read, looked out of form for quite some time. World Cup hangover probably.

I'd definitely hold any transfers until after the midweek games. Injuries can happen.

The tricky thing is finding mid-priced to low-priced players delivering decent scores. It only seem to happen now and then, and not consistently (Wilson an exception). Haven't seen many Sp*rs matches (for obvious reasons), but Kane has - from what I've read, looked out of form for quite some time. World Cup hangover probably.

Just watching an FPL channel on YouTube, thinking of taking a hit and bringing Sane and Sterling in they have some easy home games coming up.