The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I thought I had a semi descent team for GW7. Didn't even make average points. To make matters worse, I slumped down to 11th spot.

The team for GW8:

Ederson (GK)
    van Dijk, Azpilicueta, Kelly, Simpson (DEF)
    Salah, Bernardo Silva, Barkley (MIDFIELD)
    Abraham (vc), Aguero (c), Pukki (FWRD)

Hoping for better this week. [-O<
    Benny wrote: »
    I thought I had a semi descent team for GW7. Didn't even make average points. To make matters worse, I slumped down to 11th spot.

The team for GW8:

Ederson (GK)
    van Dijk, Azpilicueta, Kelly, Simpson (DEF)
    Salah, Bernardo Silva, Barkley (MIDFIELD)
    Abraham (vc), Aguero (c), Pukki (FWRD)

Hoping for better this week. [-O<

Hate it when the team looks alright but fails to deliver the points. Often it's just one of those gameweeks, and the team is back to form the following weekend.

That team looks solid for this gameweek though! Abraham in form, Pukki at home, Agüero, Salah, Bernardo Silva (keep an eye out if he'll miss games going forward!), and Barkley a potential differential. Defence looks good too; only doubt IMO would be Simpson. Has he played at all yet this season?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Good point. Substituted Simpson in defence, for Neves in midfield.
    Cheers for the idea. :-bd
    Benny wrote: »
    Good point. Substituted Simpson in defence, for Neves in midfield.
    Cheers for the idea. :-bd

If Simpson don't play, you'll get someone from the bench anyway, but it's better to just play those players that are likely to get minutes anyway. Who knows, what if Neves scores a goal against City, and he's on your bench. Maybe Howe decides to/need to bring on Simpson on at the end of the match? Then that one point for Simpson will block those Neves points!

Better to be on the safe side ;-)
    I wonder who this week's top scoring player will be!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I ended up bringing Mahrez for KDB, still undecided on my Captain

I ended up with the boring move of Dendoncker to Saka - playing(!) De Bruyne in case Pep is just lying (which I'm sure he's not, but still).

Team will be:

Heaton
    Alexander-Arnold - Otamendi - Lundstram - Digne
    De Bruyne - Salah - Sterling (C) - Mount
    Pukki - Callum Wilson
    (Button - Saka - Rico - Greenwood)

Not expecting much this weekend, but I'm likely playing the wildcard soon to sort out any issues.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,378

I ended up with the boring move of Dendoncker to Saka - playing(!) De Bruyne in case Pep is just lying (which I'm sure he's not, but still).

Team will be:

Heaton
    Pukki - Callum Wilson

Not expecting much this weekend, but I'm likely playing the wildcard soon to sort out any issues.

That did cross my mind that Pep may be bluffing though my gut says KDB is definately out, Pep very rarely says anyone is out, hope I am right :))

Worried that if Son and Cantwell don't start I am way to short in midfield so opted for Mahrez for KDB.

Saka off the bench a good option
    Spurs team... Son plays thankfully
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,294

Team will be:

Heaton
    Pukki - Callum Wilson

That did cross my mind that Pep may be bluffing though my gut says KDB is definately out, Pep very rarely says anyone is out, hope I am right :))

Worried that if Son and Cantwell don't start I am way to short in midfield so opted for Mahrez for KDB.

Yeah, there's likely only 0.1% he plays De Bruyne, but I decided that 0.1% was enouh for me to start him, haha!

Son starts, so you have him playing. Time will tell if Cantwell plays.

A strong side…unfortunately…

Team will be:

Heaton
    Pukki - Callum Wilson

Yeah, there's likely only 0.1% he plays De Bruyne, but I decided that 0.1% was enouh for me to start him, haha!

Yeah very attacking hopefully Son will score and get an assist he looks lively even in the midweek demolition by Bayern

Team will be:

Heaton
    Pukki - Callum Wilson

Yeah very attacking hopefully Son will score and get an assist he looks lively even in the midweek demolition by Bayern

In my opinion, he's their most important player alongside Eriksen. With those two starting Sp*rs are (unfortunately) able to get great results.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Brighton 1-0 Spurs.
    Brighton 1-0 Spurs.

Good start for Brighton and Graham Potter. Sp*rs will surely win this match though…
    I have Ryan in goal if Brighton get a clean sheet, though a few goals from Son would be better
    I have Ryan in goal if Brighton get a clean sheet, though a few goals from Son would be better

If Ryan gets a clean sheet he will surely get a lot of save points as well ;-)

True, I remember getting 15 points from one keeper I had last season
    Here are the gameweek 8 captaincy picks!
    Sterling: 6
    Salah: 4
    Aubameyang: 4
    Kane: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Agüero: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Son: 1

Sterling, Salah and Aubameyang stands out as the go-to options this gameweek, with the other captaincy picks backed by one manager each. Good luck everyone!
    ______

True, I remember getting 15 points from one keeper I had last season

Have yet to happen for me and my team! Must be lovely, haha!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Brighton 2-0 Spurs.

Edit: Brighton 3-0 Spurs.
    Get in some much needed Ryan points, waited till the game finished did not want to jinx the clean sheet
    15 points on my bench (Ryan and Dunk). @-)
    Get in some much needed Ryan points, waited till the game finished did not want to jinx the clean sheet

Didn't get ten points, but surely seven will do? ;-)

Ouch! Although nobody predicted this result!

9 points from that game including 2 from Son so not bad could have been worse

Ouch! @DaltonCraig007 is there a chance any of your first 11 wont play?
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns 2 of my 3 defenders are starting (Pieters for Burnley and Lundstram for Sheffield). My last defender is Fredericks for West Ham later today.

Definitely! You never know, you could see the other 9 players performing, making that two-pointer from Son just a minor annoyance.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns 2 of my 3 defenders are starting (Pieters for Burnley and Lundstram for Sheffield). My last defender is Fredericks for West Ham later today.

Guiata can match Ryan's points with a clean sheet, and as for Dunk, that depends on the rest of the team and where he's on your bench.

Definitely! You never know, you could see the other 9 players performing, making that two-pointer from Son just a minor annoyance.

Guiata can match Ryan's points with a clean sheet, and as for Dunk, that depends on the rest of the team and where he's on your bench.

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-10-05-a-15-16-15.png

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-10-05-a-15-16-15.png

Oh, that's bad luck. Cantwell plays for Norwich today, so you need Fredericks to miss out…
    Cantwell and Pukki on borrowed time
    Cantwell and Pukki on borrowed time

Not the best start for Norwich that's for sure!
    Pieters subbed? There goes a possible clean sheet gr