The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 17,294
    Uniteds worst start to a season since 1989, Ole looked dead man walking to be honest. Class player crap manager

He wasn't even the best manager/head coach in Eliteserien where he managed Molde, IMO. He should also have been criticised more for his time there; in particularly to some of his decisions with playing one particular player.

His post match interview instilled zero confidence in me, in fact he sounded like Moyes

What did he say?

Generally the same as he usually does, and he seems too accepting of possible decisions going against us like that possible penalty, as a supporter I want more steel and aggression from a manager he comes across as a yes man and too easily of excepting of situations

Solskjær is not that kind of manager - never has been. I'm not surprised by him talking like that in the post-match interview. I do wonder why they didn't get someone else after Mourinho.
    Interview with Captain Keano on Sky now, Roy and Scholsey my two favorite players, both nasty, geniuses and took no sh*t. Many players today are too light weight IMO

Makes you think back to the games between United and Arsenal in the 90's and early 00's…

Yeah I have a lot of respect for the Arsenal team back then they were a real threat and pushed us on. I remember where I was during all those clashes. Whether it be the Ronaldo's masterclass during the 4 - 2 way win. Henry's superb 1 - 0 winner, Gigg's goal in arguably one of the greatest F.A. Cup games of all time for drama, Wiltord's winner. That was a rivalry

You do miss it, that's for sure. I think what both teams lack at the moment are character's like Vieira and Keane. Looking at them up against each other was something else, but not only that, they were natural leaders within their teams. You get results with players like that.

Thankfully Mctominay and Tuanzebe are two young players from the youth system that show fight also Dan James who we brought in. United are two seasons away from being decent though we have some great talent that will get better as a good nucleus

United will find themselves in a better position within a couple of years given their budget, as well as some of the youngsters they have available. I'm not so sure about Arsenal. They haven't addressed the defence in a proper way for more than a decade, and you still see the same issues present time and time again. Aubameyang, Lacazette, Guendouzi (and more recently some of the youngsters) are carrying the team at the moment.

I really rate Guendouzi only 20? you have a good player there. United should have never sold Lukaku without a replacement, Greenwood clearly is that potential replacement though Ole wont play him its irritating, he maybe 17 though this kid is unbelievable and would do far better than Rashford who is not a number 9

Hard to believe Guendouzi is that young, that's for sure. Same could be said of Greenwood. I really don't understand the reasoning letting both Lukaku and Sanchéz go in the transfer window. United are light for options and have to rely on Rashford who –as you write – is not a number nine. Both Lukaku and Sanchéz have scored for Inter since their moves there too.
    Gameweek 7 is finished, and for another time George'sRetroRockets is our gameweek winner! Congratulations! =D>

5iRJqh2.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets

And here's how the league managed in gameweek 7. 7 out of 19 teams managed to beat the average gameweek score of 51, making this a slightly more difficult weekend for our league. Still, all teams had a decent score this time around. Well done!
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 49 - TOT 420
    2. Team Extreme: GW 53 - TOT 404
    3. Anfield FC: GW 52 - TOT 399
    4. George'sRetroRockets: GW 88 - TOT 396
    5. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 48 - TOT 390
    6. bliblikadek: GW 69 - TOT 388
    7. GoldyTheRef: GW 48 - TOT 387
    8. AFC Fritzson: GW 45 - TOT 385
    9. 11 FishFingers: GW 42 - TOT 379
    10. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 66 - TOT 373
    11. Benny's Blues: GW 44 - TOT 371
    12. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 41 - TOT 370
    13. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 50 - TOT 362
    14. Overload: GW 56 - TOT 353
    15. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 47 - TOT 352
    16. Flitwick Flyers: GW 66 - TOT 350
    17. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 46 - TOT 315
    18. MEJICO POWA: GW 46 - TOT 313
    19. Manchester United: GW 50 - TOT 142

This certainly complicates things for me and my planned transfer(s). Will have to keep an eye out for news throughout the week!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

This certainly complicates things for me and my planned transfer(s). Will have to keep an eye out for news throughout the week!

Hopefully it's only short term I would be happy to bench for a week then it's the international break. One plus for me anyway is Sterling did not start in Europe tonight

Hopefully it's only short term I would be happy to bench for a week then it's the international break. One plus for me anyway is Sterling did not start in Europe tonight

Yeah, that's why news is so important. If it's a niggle that only sees him missing one game, then keeping is a simple decision - if not, then I will have to bring in a replacement. Currently have the armband on Sterling. Him not starting tonight is great.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Yeah, that's why news is so important. If it's a niggle that only sees him missing one game, then keeping is a simple decision - if not, then I will have to bring in a replacement. Currently have the armband on Sterling. Him not starting tonight is great.

Another plus is Wolves play on Thursday so City assets get a decent rest between fixtures

Another plus is Wolves play on Thursday so City assets get a decent rest between fixtures

Good point. Definitely makes City assets handy to own going into this weekend.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,378
    Whoa Spurs beaten 7 - 2 at home by Bayern. Son and Kane scored for Spurs

Serge Gnabry ex Arsenal player scored four

Can't even remember why they sold him! He'd gone straight into the starting eleven in 2019…

Can't even remember why they sold him! He'd gone straight into the starting eleven in 2019…

Spurs I have heard issues exist behind the scenes, Poch lost the players?
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,294

Spurs I have heard issues exist behind the scenes, Poch lost the players?

I heard some football podcasts commenting on a change with Poch and the team after losing the CL final against Liverpool. Who knows?
    In a dilemma this GW KDB out, Cantwell a doubt and Son possibly being rested not good for my midfield, seriously considering a hit
    In a dilemma this GW KDB out, Cantwell a doubt and Son possibly being rested not good for my midfield, seriously considering a hit

For once this season I'm glad I don't have Cantwell, but I'm very much in the same situation re. De Bruyne. Undecided what to do yet, but I might just bench him.

For once this season I'm glad I don't have Cantwell, but I'm very much in the same situation re. De Bruyne. Undecided what to do yet, but I might just bench him.

Definitely keeping KDB its just my bench can not cope with potentially losing all three Midfielders

Definitely keeping KDB its just my bench can not cope with potentially losing all three Midfielders

I think many of us are struggling with a weak bench at the moment! It's always better to be sure you have eleven starters, so if you need to take a hit to do so, I'd say it's worth it. I'd wait as long as possible though, in case there's some late news or rumours.

I think many of us are struggling with a weak bench at the moment! It's always better to be sure you have eleven starters, so if you need to take a hit to do so, I'd say it's worth it. I'd wait as long as possible though, in case there's some late news or rumours.

I think I am going to have to accept that I may have to play five in defence, hopefully Son and Cantwell will start. I can't fall into the trap of taking hits for a single game week and disrupt my team going forward.
    MID De Bruyne MCI 473138 Almost half a million managers sold KDB

I am thinking bringing in either Mahrez or Bernard Silva for one week though Pep Roulette could mean either could not start

I think I am going to have to accept that I may have to play five in defence, hopefully Son and Cantwell will start. I can't fall into the trap of taking hits for a single game week and disrupt my team going forward.

A five man defence could work out; sometimes games just end on a boring 0-0 draw. I'm likely playing four in defence myself. Far from confident in many returns, but team structure (and the KDB injury) won't allow any other solution.

I am thinking bringing in either Mahrez or Bernard Silva for one week though Pep Roulette could mean either could not start

I've been toying with that transfer myself, but there's no way of predicting Pep. Bernardo Silva might be facing a ban, so he might not be an option beyond this gameweek. Mahrez is a great form, but that doesn't stop Pep from rotating. Mahrez has also played more minutes than Silva the last couple of games…

A five man defence could work out; sometimes games just end on a boring 0-0 draw. I'm likely playing four in defence myself. Far from confident in many returns, but team structure (and the KDB injury) won't allow any other solution.

I've been toying with that transfer myself, but there's no way of predicting Pep. Bernardo Silva might be facing a ban, so he might not be an option beyond this gameweek. Mahrez is a great form, but that doesn't stop Pep from rotating. Mahrez has also played more minutes than Silva the last couple of games…

I may just use my one free transfer to bring in a midfielder for KDB though so many good midfielders are out, I really wanted to bring in Aubameyang though would take too much restructuring. I have 0.1m in bank I am thinking if KDB dropps by 0.1m I will be able to bring him straight back in?

Or maybe use Free Hit chip
    Only just realized that FPL lets you play 2 in Midfield

I may just use my one free transfer to bring in a midfielder for KDB though so many good midfielders are out, I really wanted to bring in Aubameyang though would take too much restructuring. I have 0.1m in bank I am thinking if KDB dropps by 0.1m I will be able to bring him straight back in?

It all depends on purchase price vs selling price as well as potential price drop. I got him at 9.5, and with the moves I'm planning, getting him back at a higher price might be difficult – even on wildcard. Still have time to decide though.

I've tried all I can to bring in Aubameyang somehow, but I won't be able to do so until I play the wildcard. Like with your team, it takes too much restructuring.

That's right!

It all depends on purchase price vs selling price as well as potential price drop. I got him at 9.5, and with the moves I'm planning, getting him back at a higher price might be difficult – even on wildcard. Still have time to decide though.

I've tried all I can to bring in Aubameyang somehow, but I won't be able to do so until I play the wildcard. Like with your team, it takes too much restructuring.

That's right!

Been watching a FPL phone in Managers are using hits like confetti, my gut tells me that this GW is not going to be great so being rash is probably not a good idea as it may not make much difference in fact may just lead to worse point hauls. Lingard is possible out so Greenwood could start that's possible back up. You are right with the potential Bore draws, West Ham v Palace, Liverpool v Leicester, Burnley v Everton, Watford v Sheffield UTD could get me some clean sheet points as I think those games will be tight

That's right!

Been watching a FPL phone in Managers are using hits like confetti, my gut tells me that this GW is not going to be great so being rash is probably not a good idea as it may not make much difference in fact may just lead to worse point hauls. Lingard is possible out so Greenwood could start that's possible back up. You are right with the potential Bore draws, West Ham v Palace, Liverpool v Leicester, Burnley v Everton, Watford v Sheffield UTD could get me some clean sheet points as I think those games will be tight

Interesting that so many FPL managers are taking hits before this gameweek (De Bruyne is definitely a factor). On one hand you might be setting yourself up for a good gameweek rank if not taking a hit yourself, on the other hand when a lot of managers are taking hits, it also makes taking a hit yourself a little less risky.

I think this gameweek will be a difficult one. Some players are out, some might be rested, and there are some tricky fixtures as well.

That's right!

Interesting that so many FPL managers are taking hits before this gameweek (De Bruyne is definitely a factor). On one hand you might be setting yourself up for a good gameweek rank if not taking a hit yourself, on the other hand when a lot of managers are taking hits, it also makes taking a hit yourself a little less risky.

I think this gameweek will be a difficult one. Some players are out, some might be rested, and there are some tricky fixtures as well.

After a few hours of thinking about it :)) I have opted to do nothing, I will save my free transfer and hope for the best. If there is a hint that Mahrez will play before the deadline KDB to Mahrez will be my only move, one thing to consider with that fixture though is if Wolves turn up it may be a tight game and not a cricket score.

That's right!

After a few hours of thinking about it :)) I have opted to do nothing, I will save my free transfer and hope for the best. If there is a hint that Mahrez will play before the deadline KDB to Mahrez will be my only move, one thing to consider with that fixture though is if Wolves turn up it may be a tight game and not a cricket score.

I'm in the same boat. Mahrez is a tempting option, but I feel I might need more information before making that move. Unfortunately City don't play until Sunday, so we're probably unlikely to get more information before the deadline.

That's right!

I'm in the same boat. Mahrez is a tempting option, but I feel I might need more information before making that move. Unfortunately City don't play until Sunday, so we're probably unlikely to get more information before the deadline.

My concern with City is I think they rely on KDB alot for his creativity, Sterling is my current Captain though I am very tempted to put the arm band on Pukki

That's right!

My concern with City is I think they rely on KDB alot for his creativity, Sterling is my current Captain though I am very tempted to put the arm band on Pukki

De Bruyne is definitely a contributor to how well City performs. I don't think we can expect them to play as free flowing without him. That might affect Sterling's performances, but I'm not sure about captaining Pukki. On the other hand, it's a move that might work out really well.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    My team for GW8:

Guaita
    Pieters, Fredericks, Lundstram
    Mount, H Wilson, McGinn, Salah
    Aubameyang (C), Abraham, Aguero.
    My team for GW8:

Guaita
    Pieters, Fredericks, Lundstram
    Mount, H Wilson, McGinn, Salah
    Aubameyang (C), Abraham, Aguero.

That's a very impressive front three! Also very much like the rest of the team for this weekend; I can see all eleven players delivering good points.
    _______

Still undecided about my own transfer(s) for gameweek 8. Will be a late decision for sure.