The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sometimes football isn't a priority, especially when you're tired. And obviously, when your team isn't performing, you are more likely to use energy being annoyed, than relaxing, when watching football.

At least you have the FA Cup as something to look forward to, even though it might be difficult to go all the way for United.

True, I suspect TH will be sacked if so they should just end our misery lol

Time will tell. I just wonder who they will bring in; will it be a big name manager, or an up and coming name they want to build a project with?

_______

Total collapse by Arsenal, and looking at the way they played against Bayern midweek, it was in the cards. The slip up would come at some point. If anything, I think Liverpool losing made the occasion too big for them; they simply cannot go all the way – which is what City does every season.

This was their big opportunity, and one that might not come again. Damn shame, but they are simply to weak when it matters.

I think Arsenal have blown it and despite United being erratic Arsenal could lose at Old Trafford too.

City away to Fulham and Spurs is your only hope, Spurs concede too easily so I would not expect much against City.

I think Arsenal might lose more than just this one game now that it's out of their hands. The Sp*rs and Chelsea fixtures won't be easy. By the time they face United, the title is likely decided.

The fixtures couldn't be better for City though. Brighton have not been performing, Sp*rs can easily lose the chance at a top four spot, and the rest should be easy three points. I think out of their remaining fixtures Fulham, like you mention, might be the only team that can cause any trouble. Not that I think that's likely though.
    Southgate keeps getting linked to United 8-|

Really? Despite his role as the manager of the England national team, I don't feel he's a natural fit for a team like United. Or any big six teams for that matter…

I would be concerned if Southgate got the United job, tactically he is limited and tends to play it safe.

Me picking Palmer as captain paid off he has already scored twice, or rather me forgetting to sort my team out has paid off lol

I don't understand why he should be on their list at all, really. In that case I think they're better off with ten Hag…
    Palmer scored 4 goals now on 113 points wow.

Very impressive! Palmer was in my consideration, but I played it safe, captaining Haaland. If I'd taken the chance on Palmer instead, I would now be no. 1 in the money league I'm in…

I try to ignore the talk as with united its endless, there is an obsession in the UK with United and all sorts gets written and talked about.

Palmer's numbers are impressive, especially in a team that has struggled.
    I would have picked Palmer as captain but i missed the deadline....... ;)

Ouch! That must hurt!
    Sometimes football isn't a priority, especially when you're tired. And obviously, when your team isn't performing, you are more likely to use energy being annoyed, than relaxing, when watching football.

At least you have the FA Cup as something to look forward to, even though it might be difficult to go all the way for United.

True, I suspect TH will be sacked if so they should just end our misery lol

Time will tell. I just wonder who they will bring in; will it be a big name manager, or an up and coming name they want to build a project with?

_______

Total collapse by Arsenal, and looking at the way they played against Bayern midweek, it was in the cards. The slip up would come at some point. If anything, I think Liverpool losing made the occasion too big for them; they simply cannot go all the way – which is what City does every season.

This was their big opportunity, and one that might not come again. Damn shame, but they are simply to weak when it matters.

I think Arsenal have blown it and despite United being erratic Arsenal could lose at Old Trafford too.

City away to Fulham and Spurs is your only hope, Spurs concede too easily so I would not expect much against City.

I think Arsenal might lose more than just this one game now that it's out of their hands. The Sp*rs and Chelsea fixtures won't be easy. By the time they face United, the title is likely decided.

The fixtures couldn't be better for City though. Brighton have not been performing, Sp*rs can easily lose the chance at a top four spot, and the rest should be easy three points. I think out of their remaining fixtures Fulham, like you mention, might be the only team that can cause any trouble. Not that I think that's likely though.
    Southgate keeps getting linked to United 8-|

Really? Despite his role as the manager of the England national team, I don't feel he's a natural fit for a team like United. Or any big six teams for that matter…

I would be concerned if Southgate got the United job, tactically he is limited and tends to play it safe.

Me picking Palmer as captain paid off he has already scored twice, or rather me forgetting to sort my team out has paid off lol

I don't understand why he should be on their list at all, really. In that case I think they're better off with ten Hag…
    Palmer scored 4 goals now on 113 points wow.

Very impressive! Palmer was in my consideration, but I played it safe, captaining Haaland. If I'd taken the chance on Palmer instead, I would now be no. 1 in the money league I'm in…

I try to ignore the talk as with united its endless, there is an obsession in the UK with United and all sorts gets written and talked about.

Palmer's numbers are impressive, especially in a team that has struggled.

That's easy to understand. A big club not performing is gold for the media…

Very much so! It will be interesting to see how he develops. From what I see from a quick Google search, it doesn't look like City implemented a buy-back clause. Bet they regret that!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited April 18 Posts: 2,354
    Erling Haaland -Knock - 75% chance of playing
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mikel Arteta reacts to Arsenal Champions League Exit

I don't know if I want to watch this yet. The exit hurts too much still! :)) :((
  • edited April 18 Posts: 17,294
    Only now did I notice that I hadn't written a gameweek 32 update, so let's have a quick look at gameweek 32 and gameweek 33! This has been a couple of interesting weeks from a FPL perspective. We've seen a a lot of points variance, where captaincy picks and owning certain players have played a huge part in how many gameweek points manager's have got. That's obviously how FPL works, but the variance have been particularly noticeable in this period. Several managers in our league have done well though, and our gameweek 32 and gameweek 33 winners, CSAC and TeamXtreme, have reason to be happy with their teams. Congratulations! =D>

LLrVYxO.jpeg
    tgEbFo9.jpg

Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 21: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 22: Red Warriors & Watch how Isak you
    GW 23: AC Miami
    GW 24: TeamXtreme
    GW 25: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 26: Flip & Flop
    GW 27: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 28: Red Warriors & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: You Only Live Rice
    GW 30: The best
    GW 31: TeamXtreme
    GW 32: CSAC
    GW 33: TeamXtreme
    ______

Remember we have another deadline this Saturday, at 13:30 UK time!

I don't know if I want to watch this yet. The exit hurts too much still! :)) :((

Game was lost in the first leg, Bayern have such good pedigree you had to beat them at home.

I am very happy City lost lol Haaland and KDB asking to be subbed though may be a bit of a concern for Pep, not forgetting Rodri requested a break also a few weeks back. Its not the best psychology you want in your squad, City's wheels may actually fall off...
    My team is bit naff, I did not take any hits and used no chips. i did change my mind though the site crashed before the deadline, maybe it will be a blessing as i was about to take last minute double panic hits.
    Here are the gameweek 34 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 10
    Haaland: 1
    Son: 1
    Solanke: 1
    Gordon: 1
    Luis Díaz: 1
    White: 1
    Virgil: 1

The captaincy is interesting this gameweek, as the double gameweek gives us several players that might score big. The majority in our league are backing Salah though, and he is in fact our only captaincy that is backed by more than one manager! Good luck everyone!

Game was lost in the first leg, Bayern have such good pedigree you had to beat them at home.

I am very happy City lost lol Haaland and KDB asking to be subbed though may be a bit of a concern for Pep, not forgetting Rodri requested a break also a few weeks back. Its not the best psychology you want in your squad, City's wheels may actually fall off...

Yeah, I certainly had no expectation that Arsenal would pull off a win in München…

I am not happy City lost though! Less games for them means they are less likely to have tired legs for the remaining PL fixtures.
    My team is bit naff, I did not take any hits and used no chips. i did change my mind though the site crashed before the deadline, maybe it will be a blessing as i was about to take last minute double panic hits.

I made one transfer half an hour before the deadline, and was undecided what to do until a few minutes before the deadline was over. The site crashed for me too, but I just managed to sneak in a -4 transfer half a minute before the gameweek was locked. Time will tell if that was a good idea…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

The captaincy is interesting this gameweek, as the double gameweek gives us several players that might score big. The majority in our league are backing Salah though, and he is in fact our only captaincy that is backed by more than one manager! Good luck everyone!

8 point hit for 6 double game players this gw.

8 point hit for 6 double game players this gw.

It's not often a -8 is worth in, but in case of a double gameweek it might pay off! :)
    Come on Chelsea...
    The way Chelsea are defending they are asking for trouble.
    edited April 20 Posts: 23,378
    Jackson 1 on 1 with keeper and fluffs his lines, great opportunity.

Jackson does cause problems though needs to improve his finishing.
    Palmer almost scores with a great bit of skill, I tell you now he will be a starter for England sooner rather than later, this kid is special.
    Oh my lord Jackson has had 3 great chances in this game, City are there for the taking.
    Completely forgot about the Chelsea-City game today :))

Did catch the Wolves-Arsenal game, though. Arsenal didn't create much. The look leggy, and more or less like a team that's given up… At least they got the win.

Did catch the Wolves-Arsenal game, though. Arsenal didn't create much. The look leggy, and more or less like a team that's given up… At least they got the win.

City were totally off it for most of the game, Chelsea were very wasteful, though credit to City they dug in. Chelsea really should have shut up shop late on and forced extra time as City did not have much in the tank.

City were totally off it for most of the game, Chelsea were very wasteful, though credit to City they dug in. Chelsea really should have shut up shop late on and forced extra time as City did not have much in the tank.

With the number of games City have played, this really was Chelsea's shot at a trophy. Not that I enjoy watching Chelsea win games, this was probably one I would like to see them beat City.

Getting ready for the second semi final, it would not be a shock if Coventry won this one which says a lot about where United are right now. If Coventry show a lot of fight which I think they will we are in trouble if we don't turn up.

With the number of games City have played, this really was Chelsea's shot at a trophy. Not that I enjoy watching Chelsea win games, this was probably one I would like to see them beat City.

If City don't recover arsenal could nick it, I was expecting more from City and they are faltering a bit.

Coventry fans making a lot more noise than the United fans at Wembley.
    Casemiro at CB oh dear, our defensive injury's are a joke.
    Goal Mctominay, its been coming all one way this game.
    Coventry been sitting deep they will have to attack now.
    2 - 0 Maguire from corner just before half time.
    3 - 0 Bruno.
    edited April 21 Posts: 23,378
    3 - 1 Coventry goal, will make the last 25 minutes interesting. Typical of United switching off.
    OMG wicked deflection 3 - 2 :-S
    The problem is i have seen this scenario at least a dozen times this season from United, TH took Garnacho and Mainoo off earlier which was a mistake.