The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Edited my above post, FPL claim he is out for five weeks

Ouch! Robertson and van Dijk are the best replacements in the Liverpool defence. Who plays instead of TAA?

Liverpool have a defensive crisis on there hands with a few others out, this messes up my plans I don't have enough in the bank even for a straight swap for Robertson. I'll have to wait till after this weekend to take a hit and a free transfer to get a Liverpool replacement in.

Me dumping Kane is the silver lining as could have had a mess of a team

That's true. Don't feel too confident in my defensive Liverpool double-up with TAA out.

The Kane transfer seems to work out just fine!

I took a hit though kept TAA, I Stumbled on a potential bargain as back up.

Just watched this interesting discussion, I did not know the extent if true of Arsenal's issues...

Bargains are gold in FPL! Will try to sort out a few issues in my own team eventually, but it will most likely require some downgrades. That's were good bargain options come in handy.

Yeah, Arsenal are in big trouble on the backroom sides of things too, if we're to believe that Mislintat leaves. He was just the guy Arsenal needed with his expertise in scouting talents (Arsenal likes and need to seek out cheap talents). They will no doubt find a replacement or restructure things, but still – he's a guy that's very important at the club.

Then there's the ownership. No way Arsenal are getting funds to spend on players from Kroenke, so they're left with the option of selling players or loan moves.

I can cope with TAA being sidelined for a few weeks, I still want to double up on Liverpool defenders so made sense keeping him even if injured.

I brought in a player who in FPL is classed as a defender though looks like he will regularly be playing in midfield.

Ouch! Robertson and van Dijk are the best replacements in the Liverpool defence. Who plays instead of TAA?

Liverpool have a defensive crisis on there hands with a few others out, this messes up my plans I don't have enough in the bank even for a straight swap for Robertson. I'll have to wait till after this weekend to take a hit and a free transfer to get a Liverpool replacement in.

That's true. Don't feel too confident in my defensive Liverpool double-up with TAA out.

Just watched this interesting discussion, I did not know the extent if true of Arsenal's issues...

Bargains are gold in FPL! Will try to sort out a few issues in my own team eventually, but it will most likely require some downgrades. That's were good bargain options come in handy.

Yeah, Arsenal are in big trouble on the backroom sides of things too, if we're to believe that Mislintat leaves. He was just the guy Arsenal needed with his expertise in scouting talents (Arsenal likes and need to seek out cheap talents). They will no doubt find a replacement or restructure things, but still – he's a guy that's very important at the club.

Then there's the ownership. No way Arsenal are getting funds to spend on players from Kroenke, so they're left with the option of selling players or loan moves.

I can cope with TAA being sidelined for a few weeks, I still want to double up on Liverpool defenders so made sense keeping him even if injured.

I brought in a player who in FPL is classed as a defender though looks like he will regularly be playing in midfield.

The one whose surname can be a foodstuff used in a pudding or goes perfect with a curry,perchance ?

I guess many will look at options for TAA which will probably affect his price. At the same time, there will surely be many who'll just bench him for the period he's out.

Out of position players can be a huge advantage. They have a better chance at getting attacking returns and probably bonus points too.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,388
    barryt007 wrote: »

The one whose surname can be a foodstuff used in a pudding or goes perfect with a curry,perchance ?

That's the one lol

I guess many will look at options for TAA which will probably affect his price. At the same time, there will surely be many who'll just bench him for the period he's out.

Out of position players can be a huge advantage. They have a better chance at getting attacking returns and probably bonus points too.

According to Sky TAA is in contention for Palace and made a miraculous recovery, glad I kept him you can't trust any reports it seems.
    There are reports Arnautovic has not traveled to Bournemouth, if you are an owner I would keep an eye on that, if true it would seem the China move is happening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/46924979

According to Sky TAA is in contention for Palace and made a miraculous recovery, glad I kept him you can't trust any reports it seems.

This sounds really strange to me. How can they assume he'd be out for so long, only for him being close to available for the next fixture?
    There are reports Arnautovic has not traveled to Bournemouth, if you are an owner I would keep an eye on that, if true it would seem the China move is happening.

Read yesterday that the China move was/is close to not going through because of the offer the Chinese club made being too low, but they might have made another one. I'd be surprised to see him at the club when the transfer window closes.

This sounds really strange to me. How can they assume he'd be out for so long, only for him being close to available for the next fixture?

Read yesterday that the China move was/is close to not going through because of the offer the Chinese club made being too low, but they might have made another one. I'd be surprised to see him at the club when the transfer window closes.

I suspect the initial news about TAA was not directly from Liverpool, just looking at my team now, not sure whether to include TAA as he may not start and come on as a sub.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/977101

Looks like alot of managers got rid
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,295

I suspect the initial news about TAA was not directly from Liverpool, just looking at my team now, not sure whether to include TAA as he may not start and come on as a sub.

That might be the case. Would be strange if the club predicted him to be a month out, before discovering he'll be ready for the next fixture only days afterwards.
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/977101

Looks like alot of managers got rid

Guess many felt the need to transfer him out, either because of finding suitable replacements, or because of fear of him dropping in price. Haven't checked if he has.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Any suggestions on how to handle Arsenal vs Chelsea today? I have both Aubameyang and Hazard. Should I sell one of them? Or keep both? That’s over 20 million £ down the drain if the game ends up being a lackluster 0-0 draw or if the game is a goalfest and Auba & Hazard fail to score.
    Any suggestions on how to handle Arsenal vs Chelsea today? I have both Aubameyang and Hazard. Should I sell one of them? Or keep both? That’s over 20 million £ down the drain if the game ends up being a lackluster 0-0 draw or if the game is a goalfest and Auba & Hazard fail to score.

I'm in the same boat. I've already done two free transfers, and wondering if I should take out one of them for a hit (as a long-term move). Then again, Arsemal's defence is no good,so you'll might see Hazard scoring/assisting. Chelsea haven't been too good defensively lately either, so Aubameyang might be able to score (I obviously hope he scores a few, for non-FPL reasons!)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Aubameyang is my lone striker this week. Wilson is a possible for Bournemouth, and I don’t see Kamara doing a lot for Fulham against Spurs.
    Pretty happy with my defensive line up of ; Maguire, Luiz, van Dijk and Bamba
    Ederson in goal seems the better option of Alisson to me. Hope I’m right.
    Not sure who my captain should be this GW, Salah is the obvious choice though not convinced there will be a rout against Palace, my gut is Hazard will get a few against Arsenal. Also Aubameyang does deliver at home... I may draw straws :))
    I’ve got Salah as captain with Hazard as vice captain.
    I have Hazard as Captain, my recent Captain choices have been poor so picked names from a hat bowl.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Ederson
    Bamba, Holebas, Doherty
    Pogba, Salah (C), Hazard, Brooks, Pereyra
    Aubameyang (VC), Jimenez.
    That’s a pretty good line up @DaltonCraig007 could see some good points from that.
    I hope so @Benny, I've been falling behind in recent game-weeks with average amount of points (my last 4 game-weeks: 80, 50, 41, 60).
    Benny wrote: »
    Aubameyang is my lone striker this week. Wilson is a possible for Bournemouth, and I don’t see Kamara doing a lot for Fulham against Spurs.
    Pretty happy with my defensive line up of ; Maguire, Luiz, van Dijk and Bamba
    Ederson in goal seems the better option of Alisson to me. Hope I’m right.

With only one striker I can understand wanting to make a move!
    Ederson
    Bamba, Holebas, Doherty
    Pogba, Salah (C), Hazard, Brooks, Pereyra
    Aubameyang (VC), Jimenez.

Looks solid! Fancy Cardiff and Bamba to get some clean sheet points going forward.
    Damn, Doherty benched for Wolves. Didn't need that with Wan-Bissaka as my first sub!
    here are the gameweek 23 captaincy picks:
    Salah: 7
    Hazard: 2
    Pogba: 1
    Aubameyang: 1

Seven of use are hoping for Salah returns, while Hazard, Pogba and Aubameyang makes the rest of the captains for this gameweek. Good luck everyone!
    Jota (assisted by Moutinho) opens the score for Wolves.
    Jota (assisted by Moutinho) opens the score for Wolves.

Hoping for some Jiménez points involvement in this match!

(Preferably Doherty too, but that seems unlikely now…)
    2-0 now for Wolves, but still no goal or assist by Jimenez. :-(
    It's just occurred to me this GW I have 7 players playing in Midfield.

Come on Jimenez get on the score sheet
    2-2! This is turning into a really open match!
    Jota (assisted by Nevez) gives Wolves the lead once more. 3-2.

Edit: Leicester has equalized again. 3-3.

Edit 2: Jota scores again, giving Wolves the lead. 4-3.
    Jiménez with the assist!
    Seven goal thriller and all I got was a 4 points due to a Yellow card from Pereira, thankfull for Jiminez's assist
    Seven goal thriller and all I got was a 4 points due to a Yellow card from Pereira, thankfull for Jiminez's assist

Ouch! Incredible game though; shame Jiménez was only involved in that one goal. Jota had some match!