The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pieters has got me -1 in this game lol Burnley goal glad no clean sheet for Chelsea

My team from next week to hopefully turn things around...

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Mount De Bruyne Sterling Salah

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

That looks like a great team! I'd be tempted to play Süyüncü, but it might be a tricky fixture.

I have given up on premium defenders for a few weeks and gone for strong attack, I will tweak it from the subs bench, I took a third hit of the season though my team had dead wood in certain areas
    Pieters has got me -1 in this game lol Burnley goal glad no clean sheet for Chelsea

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

That looks like a great team! I'd be tempted to play Süyüncü, but it might be a tricky fixture.

I have given up on premium defenders for a few weeks and gone for strong attack, I will tweak it from the subs bench, I took a third hit of the season though my team had dead wood in certain areas

That might work out fine! I'm really unsure what to do, really; strengthening the midfield or keeping with a more expensive front three.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

That might work out fine! I'm really unsure what to do, really; strengthening the midfield or keeping with a more expensive front three.

Not convinced the premium forwards will deliver like previous season's Aubamyang, Kane and Aguero for example. I have yet to have Aguero in my side I think game time and age is a factor with him now, though I would expect a streak from him at some point if used properly by Pep which is very likely

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,283

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

Not convinced the premium forwards will deliver like previous season's Aubamyang, Kane and Aguero for example. I have yet to have Aguero in my side I think game time and age is a factor with him now, though I would expect a streak from him at some point if used properly by Pep which is very likely

There's definitely downsides with all three of the premiums; Aubameyang has good fixtures, but Arsenal's form and him being used on the left wing is a worry (although he can combine with Lacazette); Kane is always able to score goals, but you would expect Son and others to score too, which might make them better options; Agüero will of course see minutes shared with Jesus.

Vardy, Lacazette and Firmino is on my watchlist at the moment, with Vardy a likely transfer for next gameweek.

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

There's definitely downsides with all three of the premiums; Aubameyang has good fixtures, but Arsenal's form and him being used on the left wing is a worry (although he can combine with Lacazette); Kane is always able to score goals, but you would expect Son and others to score too, which might make them better options; Agüero will of course see minutes shared with Jesus.

Vardy, Lacazette and Firmino is on my watchlist at the moment, with Vardy a likely transfer for next gameweek.

Got a green arrow after today and back inside the top 1 Million, Captaining Sterling paid off at last.

It comes down to whether Abraham matching the likes of Lacazette for me at a cheaper price point. Jimenez is the striker that I have I will be watching the most, I think he will deliver though Wolves are never big scorers in games though they have an ok run and are in form.

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

Got a green arrow after today and back inside the top 1 Million, Captaining Sterling paid off at last.

It comes down to whether Abraham matching the likes of Lacazette for me at a cheaper price point. Jimenez is the striker that I have I will be watching the most, I think he will deliver though Wolves are never big scorers in games though they have an ok run and are in form.

Massive red arrow for me, but I wasn't confident about this gameweek anyway.

I can't remember, but I don't think Wolves had any massive scores last season? Jiménez will be an option even so; you want some consistency too, not just the potential for big hauls.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,353

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

I can't remember, but I don't think Wolves had any massive scores last season? Jiménez will be an option even so; you want some consistency too, not just the potential for big hauls.

The good thing about Jimenez is he tends to be involved in most goals they score, he is there key man

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

The good thing about Jimenez is he tends to be involved in most goals they score, he is there key man

He's also on penalties, which is a big advantage!
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,353

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

A plus point with Vardy, just watching Chelsea highlights Pulisic looks OK though despite Hatrick I would not rush to get him yet

Edited: Puliscic is priced at 7.1m thought he was much higher, still I think rotation could be an issue Chelsea have at least four good wingers

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

A plus point with Vardy, just watching Chelsea highlights Pulisic looks OK though despite Hatrick I would not rush to get him yet

Edited: Puliscic is priced at 7.1m thought he was much higher, still I think rotation could be an issue Chelsea have at least four good wingers

Yes, Vardy is on pens too, of course.

Pulisic looked great tonight, but you're right, there's a bit of uncertainty how many games he'll start.

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

Pulisic looked great tonight, but you're right, there's a bit of uncertainty how many games he'll start.

Great just got Boly in and recent update is he has a red flag ankle injury that's typical, though you will get some bench points (I check other players teams, to see how many players have games left)

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

Great just got Boly in and recent update is he has a red flag ankle injury that's typical, though you will get some bench points (I check other players teams, to see how many players have games left)

He's injured? Well, I'll be happy to get a 5 pointer from the bench in a gameweek like this, but if it's serious, it's another transfer to make…

I often check other teams too; for our league it's mostly to gather the list of captains, but in another league I'm in where there's money to win, I check the teams more thoroughly (transfers, hits, captains, etc.).

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

He's injured? Well, I'll be happy to get a 5 pointer from the bench in a gameweek like this, but if it's serious, it's another transfer to make…

I often check other teams too; for our league it's mostly to gather the list of captains, but in another league I'm in where there's money to win, I check the teams more thoroughly (transfers, hits, captains, etc.).

Injury picked up in training hopefully nothing serious, I only bought him yesterday.

Next season i will look at joining a Cash League, I have one in mind that I am a new member of.

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

Injury picked up in training hopefully nothing serious, I only bought him yesterday.

Next season i will look at joining a Cash League, I have one in mind that I am a new member of.

Damn. Oh well, at least there are alternatives around that price. Could also potentially upgrade Boly too.

The cash league I'm in works like this: at the start of the season, each manager pay an amount which one of the managers collects. The money is then divided into two separate pots - one monthly prize for the manager who gets the most points that month, and one prize for the manager who wins the whole thing at the end of the season. No large sums, but you wouldn't mind winning the whole thing!

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

Damn. Oh well, at least there are alternatives around that price. Could also potentially upgrade Boly too.

The cash league I'm in works like this: at the start of the season, each manager pay an amount which one of the managers collects. The money is then divided into two separate pots - one monthly price for the manager who gets the most points that month, and one price for the manager who wins the whole thing at the end of the season. No large sums, but you wouldn't mind winning the whole thing!

I will just bench Boly if only short term

The league I will likely join is a first place winner takes the pot I think, I think there are monthly prizes also, I have not looked too much into it as it will be next season when I join the cash side of things

Ryan

Boly Lundstram Pieters

Jiménez Vardy Abraham

Bench

Button
    Kelly
    Cantwell
    Soyuncu

The cash league I'm in works like this: at the start of the season, each manager pay an amount which one of the managers collects. The money is then divided into two separate pots - one monthly price for the manager who gets the most points that month, and one price for the manager who wins the whole thing at the end of the season. No large sums, but you wouldn't mind winning the whole thing!

I will just bench Boly if only short term

The league I will likely join is a first place winner takes the pot I think, I think there are monthly prizes also, I have not looked too much into it as it will be next season when I join the cash side of things

Yes, it will depend on the injury; if he's out one week then it might be just as well to keep.

The league I'm in is just a league between friends/colleagues, but I think there are various leagues created by Youtubers etc. that compete for cash prizes and other stuff as well.

Broken ankle for Boly, apparently! :-(
    Jota just took a nasty blow to the head

Manager cant be happy getting a broken ankle in training
    Newcastle goal Lacelles, Wolves look tired though Newcastle been poor
    Jota just took a nasty blow to the head

Have the game on right now, but missed that. Must be alright since he's still on.

Manager cant be happy getting a broken ankle in training

Boly is important to them, so that's no doubt a blow for Wolves.
    Newcastle goal Lacelles, Wolves look tired though Newcastle been poor

Looks like a 1-0 game so far. Won't be surprised if it ends with 1-1.
    Stopped watching hopefully Jimenez will get some fpl points in last ten minutes
    Stopped watching hopefully Jimenez will get some fpl points in last ten minutes

Newcastle with ten men now, so I wouldn't be surprised if he does!
    Kane very quick goal
    Kane very quick goal

giphy.gif
    Crazy games going on, United winnng through Mctominay and got a penalty now, penalty saved
    Rashford goal United 2 up
    Palace goal, as expected. Arsenal to lose this, I guess.
    Entertaining games though no FPL points lol Arsenal will win
    Entertaining games though no FPL points lol Arsenal will win

Arsenal are usually bad against Palace, so I don't think they'll manage a win.