The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sterling goal, red arrow for me

Phew! Still kicking myself for changing the captaincy from De Bruyne to Sterling last minute…
    Really bad GW though will be for most i suspect

Haven't checked ownership, but I suspect those that have one or several players (mostly attacking ones) from Leicester, United or Arsenal might be up for good scores still.
    Zinchenko to Otamendi was a waste of a transfer…

If I had left my team as it was last week it would no be too much better.

City scored think it was a KDB assist

That happens! Only avoided a price drop with the Zinchenko > Otamendi transfer. A Chelsea defender was also considered, but since it's City… Lesson learned – City are capable of conceding unnecessary goals too!

If Greenwood starts against Arsenal as a CF he should score.

Hopefully our defence will keep Aubameyang quiet, a clean sheet from Lesciester will be good for me. I had Vardy last week he is a player that I may regret losing though Newcastle will be ultra defensive.

Next GW the fixtures are much better for my squad and going forward I am sticking to either KDB, Salah or Sterling as Captain

Phew! Still kicking myself for changing the captaincy from De Bruyne to Sterling last minute…

Haven't checked ownership, but I suspect those that have one or several players (mostly attacking ones) from Leicester, United or Arsenal might be up for good scores still.

That happens! Only avoided a price drop with the Zinchenko > Otamendi transfer. A Chelsea defender was also considered, but since it's City… Lesson learned – City are capable of conceding unnecessary goals too!

Hopefully our defence will keep Aubameyang quiet, a clean sheet from Lesciester will be good for me. I had Vardy last week he is a player that I may regret losing though Newcastle will be ultra defensive.

Next GW the fixtures are much better for my squad and going forward I am sticking to either KDB, Salah or Sterling as Captain

Plenty of opportunities for you still! Only have Greenwood left, and I hope he stays quiet ;-)

I suspect it's the managers with Leicester assets that have the most to gain from this weekend now. Newcastle haven't been good so far, so there's every opportunity for goals and clean sheets.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2019 Posts: 23,376

Plenty of opportunities for you still! Only have Greenwood left, and I hope he stays quiet ;-)

I suspect it's the managers with Leicester assets that have the most to gain from this weekend now. Newcastle haven't been good so far, so there's every opportunity for goals and clean sheets.

Got 6 bonus points on there way, I should get over 50 points minimum so relatively speaking not bad though I have to stop messing up Captain picks, it's driving me mad :))

Make that 4 bonus bad maths, so as it stands 46 points with a Captain blanking again, I think thats 5 Captain blanks now

Got 6 bonus points on there way, I should get over 50 points minimum so relatively speaking not bad though I have to stop messing up Captain picks, it's driving me mad :))

That's better than me! I'm on 48 + Greenwood.

Thinking ahead I'm tempted to just play the wildcard and do a bit of a clear out. On the other hand there's an international break coming up, and things might happen in those games that will affect many teams…
    if I had even nailed a couple more Captains I would be doing well, that's what I did when I played my Wildcard waited for the International break to end, anything can happen during that period and a returning Martial is certainly a player I will be looking at
    if I had even nailed a couple more Captains I would be doing well, that's what I did when I played my Wildcard waited for the International break to end, anything can happen during that period and a returning Martial is certainly a player I will be looking at

I've found nailing a captaincy pick and even settle on a captain very difficult so far. We're only six gameweeks into the season so things will likely change at some point.

The international break gives you a window to reassess as well, and you can tinker with the team for a couple of weeks before landing on a preferred team. There's both upsides and downsides with that, of course!

I've found nailing a captaincy pick and even settle on a captain very difficult so far. We're only six gameweeks into the season so things will likely change at some point.

The international break gives you a window to reassess as well, and you can tinker with the team for a couple of weeks before landing on a preferred team. There's both upsides and downsides with that, of course!

On the FPL fan discussion's I listen too chat on that is the general consensus that many have blanked with Captain's this season, so all is not lost as long as not drifting to far from the top, I have dropped 100 000 in rank though that's not alot of points thankfully. It is a bad week to take a four point hit though and Kelly points on my bench is irritating me
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,293

On the FPL fan discussion's I listen too chat on that is the general consensus that many have blanked with Captain's this season, so all is not lost as long as not drifting to far from the top, I have dropped 100 000 in rank though that's not alot of points thankfully. It is a bad week to take a four point hit though and Kelly points on my bench is irritating me

It definitely seems like many FPL managers are having problems nailing their captaincy picks. Luckily points are still very close (as you mention), and you only need a few gameweeks going your way to be in a completely different position. I think being consistent is key; add a few differential to that, and you can really start climbing the rankings. The problem with my squad is the lack of differentials, and I'm still looking for those players that can give my overall rank a boost.

It's annoying when much needed points are left on the bench. It's unavoidable, but next gameweek can see those points on the pitch instead!
    Just woke to see Vardy's haul ~X( typical, at least I am getting Soyoncu cleansheet points
    Just woke to see Vardy's haul ~X( typical, at least I am getting Soyoncu cleansheet points

That's FPL for you…

That's FPL for you…

True I got Son and Pieters points I guess, though Van Dyke and Vardy's points are much better. Having two free transfers I feel compelled to use them even when I dont necessarily need to, no doubt most managers fall into the same trap. I may do what a Football Scout host does use single transfers more often keeping a transfer banked

Edited: forgot I had mount last week also gr

That's FPL for you…

True I got Son and Pieters points I guess, though Van Dyke and Vardy's points are much better. Having two free transfers I feel compelled to use them even when I dont necessarily need to, no doubt most managers fall into the same trap. I may do what a Football Scout host does use single transfers more often keeping a transfer banked

If you don't have any transfers planned, you can just use that one free transfer on one of the cheap players for a potentially better replacement, saving the other one – or if there absolutely nothing you see yourself wanting to change, you can just burn the transfer too.

That's FPL for you…

If you don't have any transfers planned, you can just use that one free transfer on one of the cheap players for a potentially better replacement, saving the other one – or if there absolutely nothing you see yourself wanting to change, you can just burn the transfer too.

Since I started playing FPL last season I have never burned a transfer, I need to get out of that habit. I fell into the collective 'we need to get Abraham' in trap

That's FPL for you…

Since I started playing FPL last season I have never burned a transfer, I need to get out of that habit. I fell into the collective 'we need to get Abraham' in trap

There's two sides to burning a transfer I think. On one side it's a luxury move many managers can't afford, so you're potentially setting yourself up in a good position overall rank wise; if you're on same amount of points as a player and he/she has done one more transfer than you (or more), you'll go ahead of that person on the rankings. On the other hand, there's often something that could be done with the team – downgrading a bench player to a cheaper option to raise funds, getting an in-form cheap player or similar.

I was sooo close to getting Abraham for a hit this weekend. Decided to wait and see instead. For once it worked out fine.

That's FPL for you…

There's two sides to burning a transfer I think. On one side it's a luxury move many managers can't afford, so you're potentially setting yourself up in a good position overall rank wise; if you're on same amount of points as a player and he/she has done one more transfer than you (or more), you'll go ahead of that person on the rankings. On the other hand, there's often something that could be done with the team – downgrading a bench player to a cheaper option to raise funds, getting an in-form cheap player or similar.

I was sooo close to getting Abraham for a hit this weekend. Decided to wait and see instead. For once it worked out fine.

Well just checked livefpl.net those 6 points from Soyoncu have took me 68000 points up the rankings (with autosubs included), crazy.

We both need a few Greenwood goals tomorrow ;)

I think that game will be like last year 2 - 2

That's FPL for you…

Well just checked livefpl.net those 6 points from Soyoncu have took me 68000 points up the rankings (with autosubs included), crazy.

That just shows how incredibly close we are between the points seven gameweeks into the season. Just a few points can make quite the difference.

You know I hope he won't score, haha! I'll settle for a no-show (I have Dendoncker with three points first on the bench), or him playing 90 mins for two points.

That's FPL for you…

That just shows how incredibly close we are between the points seven gameweeks into the season. Just a few points can make quite the difference.

You know I hope he won't score, haha! I'll settle for a no-show (I have Dendoncker with three points first on the bench), or him playing 90 mins for two points.

Tomorrow could be Greenwood's Rooney moment when he arrives on the big stage with a great goal against Arsenal ;)

Yeah I can understand your point of view, I watched the AFTV pregame discussion it was amusing

That's FPL for you…

Tomorrow could be Greenwood's Rooney moment when he arrives on the big stage with a great goal against Arsenal ;)

Yeah I can understand your point of view, I watched the AFTV pregame discussion it was amusing

I certainly hope not! [-X

What did they discuss on AFTV?

That's FPL for you…

Just the game with a United fan from The United Stand, they discussed combined 11 hardly any United players in the side, DT was on it he was quite chilled.

Troopz was on the other Prematch build up on The United Stand's channel though that was mainly just two United fans arguing whether Ole was sh*t or not ;)) Our team is a joke right now.
    A lot of FPL managers selling Salah, Sterling and Pukki (tens of thouasands) I think that is a mistake

That's FPL for you…

Just the game with a United fan from The United Stand, they discussed combined 11 hardly any United players in the side, DT was on it he was quite chilled.

Troopz was on the other Prematch build up on The United Stand's channel though that was mainly just two United fans arguing whether Ole was sh*t or not ;)) Our team is a joke right now.

Surely the United defence made the combined eleven?

I don't think United are more of a joke than them managing a win against Arsenal tomorrow. Arsenal are very much a joke, IMO; defence is a shambles, midfield is constantly on or off, which also affects the team going forward. If not for Aubameyang and Lacazette (when fit), Arsenal wouldn't have been inside the top ten at this point, I think.
    A lot of FPL managers selling Salah, Sterling and Pukki (tens of thouasands) I think that is a mistake

Pukki is still value I think, and not a priority before a home game. I'm tempted to get rid of one of Salah/Sterling, in order to upgrade elsewhere. Don't know if I'm willing to play that risky though.

That's FPL for you…

I don't think United are more of a joke than them managing a win against Arsenal tomorrow. Arsenal are very much a joke, IMO; defence is a shambles, midfield is constantly on or off, which also affects the team going forward. If not for Aubameyang and Lacazette (when fit), Arsenal wouldn't have been inside the top ten at this point, I think.

Pukki is still value I think, and not a priority before a home game. I'm tempted to get rid of one of Salah/Sterling, in order to upgrade elsewhere. Don't know if I'm willing to play that risky though.

Your right back and left back were being argued despite both hardly playing this season and Holding also being argued rather than Lindelof, its a Arsenal channel lol

Pukki has a good fixture next against Villa at home definately hanging onto him, no transfers for me this week I may keep hold of Sterling, KDB and Salah long term as they will score at some point. No transfers for me this week

That's FPL for you…

Your right back and left back were being argued despite both hardly playing this season and Holding also being argued rather than Lindelof, its a Arsenal channel lol

Pukki has a good fixture next against Villa at home definately hanging onto him, no transfers for me this week I may keep hold of Sterling, KDB and Salah long term as they will score at some point. No transfers for me this week

None from the Arsenal defence would get into my starting eleven on current form, that's for sure. It would be all United.

That's what we all say before a week of midweek games, haha! :))
    To be serious, saving a transfer is always good. Two available transfers is a great advantage, and might come handy in case players are unavailable for whatever reason.

That's FPL for you…

None from the Arsenal defence would get into my starting eleven on current form, that's for sure. It would be all United.

To be serious, saving a transfer is always good. Two available transfers is a great advantage, and might come handy in case players are unavailable for whatever reason.

My team has risen again now by a further 0.6 so will hang on to what I have this week, next weeks fixtures I am happy with. Abraham is the player that I will monitor the most as I was not impressed with him using the eye test yesterday, though Chelsea do have a good run.

That's FPL for you…

My team has risen again now by a further 0.6 so will hang on to what I have this week, next weeks fixtures I am happy with. Abraham is the player that I will monitor the most as I was not impressed with him using the eye test yesterday, though Chelsea do have a good run.

Definitely agree re. next gameweek's fixtures. They do look more promising (on paper) – which probably means it will be a lot of unexpected results!

Abraham is still very young, so you might have to expect his performances (at least FPL wise) be a bit uneven. The fixtures are great though, so he will surely do well even so.

That's FPL for you…

Definitely agree re. next gameweek's fixtures. They do look more promising (on paper) – which probably means it will be a lot of unexpected results!

Abraham is still very young, so you might have to expect his performances (at least FPL wise) be a bit uneven. The fixtures are great though, so he will surely do well even so.

Abraham will have that inconsistency for sure though he is a player capable of a brace in a game or two that's what I am hoping over the next few weeks

That's FPL for you…

Abraham will have that inconsistency for sure though he is a player capable of a brace in a game or two that's what I am hoping over the next few weeks

Indeed, and that's why he's currently a very good striker option. I've gone with Wilson for now (and he looks very consistent), but Abraham is very much a player I want to bring in.

That's FPL for you…

Indeed, and that's why he's currently a very good striker option. I've gone with Wilson for now (and he looks very consistent), but Abraham is very much a player I want to bring in.

I wish I had gone for Callum Wilson early as missed a lot of his points, though his price is a no go for me now

That's FPL for you…

I wish I had gone for Callum Wilson early as missed a lot of his points, though his price is a no go for me now

He's only a little bit more expensive than Abraham now (given Abraham's price rises), but it's a tricky price bracket. I'm already seeing that I'm off by 0.1-0.4 from making potential transfers, and that partly comes down to picking Callum Wilson over Abraham.

This also makes me uncertain about which moves I should be doing for next gameweek. Saving a transfer is an option, but there are transfers to potentially look at; some maybe pushed by price changes.

That's FPL for you…

He's only a little bit more expensive than Abraham now (given Abraham's price rises), but it's a tricky price bracket. I'm already seeing that I'm off by 0.1-0.4 from making potential transfers, and that partly comes down to picking Callum Wilson over Abraham.

This also makes me uncertain about which moves I should be doing for next gameweek. Saving a transfer is an option, but there are transfers to potentially look at; some maybe pushed by price changes.

I cant free up cash elsewhere currently, also my defense is very cheap other than TAA cant release money there, plus I need to generate cash to bring in Matip as a second Liverpool defender in four or five weeks