The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Don't forget next GW is a double for Chelsea and Fulham, not even sure it is worth going for any of there assets...

Mitrovic and Perreira might be good choices considering they're going up against a fairly dodgy Leicester City side.

Mitrovic is the most likely for me, Chelsea other than maybe Mount it's pot luck at bringing any of there players in, unless I bring a defender in though I don't think they will keep clean sheets in those two games.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Don't forget next GW is a double for Chelsea and Fulham, not even sure it is worth going for any of there assets...

Mitrovic and Perreira might be good choices considering they're going up against a fairly dodgy Leicester City side.

Mitrovic is the most likely for me, Chelsea other than maybe Mount it's pot luck at bringing any of there players in, unless I bring a defender in though I don't think they will keep clean sheets in those two games.

If I had to go with a Chelsea player, I'd probably go with Havertz. With James out injured there aren't too many others that would maintain much interest.
    Been busy so missed all the games though a great day for United with Newcastle and City drawing.

Foden and Cancelo benched again, time to get rid I think they seem to be out of favor. I have 2 free transfers so those are the two likely to go, plus I am done with Pep Roulette lol Saying that I need a new striker also. Think I will sell Cancelo and give Foden another opportunity.

I'm thinking of giving Cancelo another chance, though it's mostly because of other fires in my team. Not an ideal situation for owners, that's for sure…
    Arsenal 1 - 0 Saka goal, could be a huge day for them if they get a win here, tough ground.

Good first half by Arsenal, but they let Brighton into the game too easily in the second half. Can't do that against tougher opposition.

Not happy with my front three, so I might give one of the spots to Mitrović. Really not sure what to do with my second transfer though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Been busy so missed all the games though a great day for United with Newcastle and City drawing.

Foden and Cancelo benched again, time to get rid I think they seem to be out of favor. I have 2 free transfers so those are the two likely to go, plus I am done with Pep Roulette lol Saying that I need a new striker also. Think I will sell Cancelo and give Foden another opportunity.

I'm thinking of giving Cancelo another chance, though it's mostly because of other fires in my team. Not an ideal situation for owners, that's for sure…
    Arsenal 1 - 0 Saka goal, could be a huge day for them if they get a win here, tough ground.

Good first half by Arsenal, but they let Brighton into the game too easily in the second half. Can't do that against tougher opposition.

Not happy with my front three, so I might give one of the spots to Mitrović. Really not sure what to do with my second transfer though.

I must not forget the deadline thankfully will not be at work tomorrow, I need an hour or so to actually put thought into what transfers I should make since restart not been focused properly on my team.

Spurs losing 2 - 0 at home to Villa really good for United. Plus Douglas Luiz scored and is my number 1 sub and will replace Cancello, much needed points there for me.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 23,360
    Harry Kane and Unai Emery react to Villa beating Spurs 2-0

:)) Oh my god.

--- Douglas Luiz on 3 bonus points, nice.
    Chelsea currently drawing away to Forest, happy days.

I must not forget the deadline thankfully will not be at work tomorrow, I need an hour or so to actually put thought into what transfers I should make since restart not been focused properly on my team.

Spurs losing 2 - 0 at home to Villa really good for United. Plus Douglas Luiz scored and is my number 1 sub and will replace Cancello, much needed points there for me.

I have a busy day tomorrow, so I fear I need to set up my team early just to be sure. Not ideal, as I'd like to follow late team news and rumors…

That Villa win was good news for any of the top six contenders, other than Sp*rs. United, City, Arsena and Liverpool have a game in hand too.

:))

This was a proper surprise result. Should have been a certain three pointer for Chelsea, this.

I have a busy day tomorrow, so I fear I need to set up my team early just to be sure. Not ideal, as I'd like to follow late team news and rumors…

That Villa win was good news for any of the top six contenders, other than Sp*rs. United, City, Arsena and Liverpool have a game in hand too.

This was a proper surprise result. Should have been a certain three pointer for Chelsea, this.

I am not convinced everyone is trying for Potter at Chelsea, there recent record in the Premiership is poor.

@Torgeirtrap we have exactly the same points not sure that has happened that many times.

Still not sure what to do with transfers though Douglas Luiz is yellow flagged with an ankle injury to give me more issues.

The Arsenal v Newcastle is giving me a headache having five players, that game could see a lot of goals.

I am not convinced everyone is trying for Potter at Chelsea, there recent record in the Premiership is poor.

@Torgeirtrap we have exactly the same points not sure that has happened that many times.

Still not sure what to do with transfers though Douglas Luiz is yellow flagged with an ankle injury to give me more issues.

The Arsenal v Newcastle is giving me a headache having five players, that game could see a lot of goals.

That may be the case, re. Potter. It's a massive job for him, and it's really unfortunate if he doesn't have all the players on his side.

Hadn't noticed that until now, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! It's a close race in our league so far.

Really not sure what to do either. I've transferred in Shaw for James, and I'm trying to figure out the best move with my second transfer.

That may be the case, re. Potter. It's a massive job for him, and it's really unfortunate if he doesn't have all the players on his side.

Hadn't noticed that until now, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! It's a close race in our league so far.

Really not sure what to do either. I've transferred in Shaw for James, and I'm trying to figure out the best move with my second transfer.

I ended up making two Transfers which may backfire, i brought in 2 Fulham players. I really did not really want to make any transfers though thought if I did not i may lose a bit of ground if a certain Mitrovic grabs a few goals. I am considering benching Cancelo and Foden just not convinced either will get me any points.
    Here are the gameweek 18 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 9
    Mitrović: 6
    Saka: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Salah: 1
    Rashford: 1

It took a double gameweek for there to be any significant varitaion in our captaincy picks. But even though Mitrović is backed by six managers in our league, Haaland is yet again the most captained player, backed by nine managers. Good luck everyone!

I ended up making two Transfers which may backfire, i brought in 2 Fulham players. I really did not really want to make any transfers though thought if I did not i may lose a bit of ground if a certain Mitrovic grabs a few goals. I am considering benching Cancelo and Foden just not convinced either will get me any points.

Same here, two transfers in the end, with Mitrović coming in for Martial. Not at all confident with my moves, so I can only hope they don't backfire.
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 17,288
    A belated congatulation goes out to Cremonese-killen and E J Ibanga, our gameweek 17 and 18 winner respectively. Cremonese-killen managed a gameweek 17 rank of 102 165, and E J Ibanga a gameweek 18 rank of 180(!). Well played! =D>

QKXTI61.jpg
    zjTzV5W.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    What ever happens this GW it will be difficult to top me waking up to see Brentford had beaten Liverpool <:-P

@Torgiertap overall my squad is too strong so I am reluctant to bench anyone, its very much how the season has been so far.

Congratulations to the joint GW 18 winners.

Despite bringing in Mitrovic I could not take the arm band off Haaland, the last time(s) I took the captaincy of Haaland I missed out on two hatrick's :))
    I'm having the same trouble with my squad too, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns – and this gameweek was very tricky.

I have the armband on Mitrović, but it will be very difficult to watch the City game this week, knowing the armband is not on Haaland!
    I'm having the same trouble with my squad too, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns – and this gameweek was very tricky.

I have the armband on Mitrović, but it will be very difficult to watch the City game this week, knowing the armband is not on Haaland!

One thing that concerned me about Mitrovic was his game time in the last four games or so, that made it easier for me to keep the armband on Haaland.

If anything with fixture congestion, I am kind of hoping a few of my starting line up are rested to make things easier for me lol
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2023 Posts: 2,353

One thing that concerned me about Mitrovic was his game time in the last four games or so, that made it easier for me to keep the armband on Haaland.

If anything with fixture congestion, I am kind of hoping a few of my starting line up are rested to make things easier for me lol

I guessed Mitrovic as captain for me.
    It will be interesting to see who's the best captain this gw.
    Liverpool got well beaten again, Gapko $8m could play next gw ?

I think Gapko could go straight in though I think Liverpool's issues are an aging midfield, they just can't play at the same high tempo anymore that brought them all the success.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I think Gapko could go straight in though I think Liverpool's issues are an aging midfield, they just can't play at the same high tempo anymore that brought them all the success.

Gapko is supposed to play in the fa cup this week and should start next gw.
    Amrabat has been linked to us.
    Trent should play midfield (i've said this mant times) but stubborn klopp doesn't agree.
    Klopp has lost 3 cl finals including 1 with dortmund. I don't like his tactics....

Mitrović is also one yellow from suspension, I believe – which is my main concern about him.

Gapko is supposed to play in the fa cup this week and should start next gw.
    Amrabat has been linked to us.
    Trent should play midfield (i've said this mant times) but stubborn klopp doesn't agree.
    Klopp has lost 3 cl finals including 1 with dortmund. I don't like his tactics....

Agree regarding TAA he literally plays as a winger in Klopp's high line system and that's the current issue. The high line only works when you have a midfield that can cover every acre of grass, Liverpool no longer have that and TAA etc are being exposed far more than even last season.

Mitrović is also one yellow from suspension, I believe – which is my main concern about him.

So much for me thinking things through, I just realized I did not swap Pope for Ward in goal. I bet Ward ends up with a clean sheet lol
    Not confident about Arsenal tonight. Pope might end up with a clean sheet, IMO.
    Mitrovic goal, I think I may regret not captaining him.
    Casemiro goal Ericson assist, what a step up these two are from Fred and Mctominay.
    Shaw goal, all my points are pretty much from my defense currently.
    Mitrovic gets a yellow card...

Misses the next game then. At least I didn't bring him in for a hit.

0-0 between Arsenal and Newcastle. A win would have been huge for Arsenal, instead they're inviting City to close the gap…

Misses the next game then. At least I didn't bring him in for a hit.

0-0 between Arsenal and Newcastle. A win would have been huge for Arsenal, instead they're inviting City to close the gap…

FPL wise tonight could not have gone much better, Ream getting a clean sheet was a added bonus. Thankfully benching Foden and Cancelo did not backfire. City will be very motivated against Chelsea, a Haaland (C) brace will get me a good green arrow here is hoping...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Poor Donny Van De Beek...

:(
    Poor Donny Van De Beek...

:(

Had to go out whatt is the extent of his knee injury?
    Just checked rankings it's the first time I have been in the top 100K this season I am around 69K. Our league leader must be close to or in the top 10K?