The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

32 minutes until the Boxing day deadline! I hope everyone has had a good Christmas so far, and that we're in for a lot of football treats!

Only just woke up, glad I sorted my team yesterday :)) Merry Christmas.

My Wildcard was not really thought through much i literally spent 10 minutes on it yesterday.

I had three drafts I went back and forth with, myself. In the end I probably settled on the one I'm least sure about, but at least I have most price brackets covered. Luckily went with a draft including Almirón.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,369
    32 minutes until the Boxing day deadline! I hope everyone has had a good Christmas so far, and that we're in for a lot of football treats!

My Wildcard was not really thought through much i literally spent 10 minutes on it yesterday.

I had three drafts I went back and forth with, myself. In the end I probably settled on the one I'm least sure about, but at least I have most price brackets covered. Luckily went with a draft including Almirón.

I am still in World Cup mode I think.

All too easy for Newcastle, Leicester have been poor.

Indeed, expected more from Leicester, despite their season not being that great so far.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Indeed, expected more from Leicester, despite their season not being that great so far.

Fell asleep so missed some games, got Liverpool on now I see they still cant keep a clean sheet.

Van Dyke scored another player I sold who got points :))

Fell asleep so missed some games, got Liverpool on now I see they still cant keep a clean sheet.

Liverpool didn't keep their clean sheet at least!

Liverpool didn't keep their clean sheet at least!

Got Arsenal on now, 2 - 0 win for them I think.
    Saka and Martinelli do it again, turned the game around these two youngsters are top quality.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited December 2022 Posts: 2,353
    Gakpo in the FPL soon.
    Liverpool have reached an agreement to sign Cody Gakpo from PSV Eindhoven, the Dutch club have announced.
    Gakpo in the FPL soon.
    Liverpool have reached an agreement to sign Cody Gakpo from PSV Eindhoven, the Dutch club have announced.

A snip at the price they are getting him for, not sure Liverpool need him unless they intend to play him as a number 10. Whilst injured players are out he will likely play wide.

Ten Hag was interested in Gakpo in the summer according to reports though we need an out and out number 9 IMO. I think with the emergence of Garnacho we don't need another winger, Garnacho's progress must not be blocked he is a real talent.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yes, I think Liverpool need Gakpo more than Man United do. United need an out and out striker immediately and another CB during the Summer.
    Decent win for Chelsea, Rashford and Martial delivering much needed points for me so far in the United v Forest game..
    Dam 2 - 1 Forest grab a goal before half time.

VAR offside, my clean sheet is safe for now.
    Saka and Martinelli do it again, turned the game around these two youngsters are top quality.

Every time I watch them play, I'm reminded of how young yet how important they are for this team – and also that there aren't any clear replacements off the bench should they get injured…

Good result for Chelsea, and what looks to be a good win for United. Safe to say the top six is wide open.

Every time I watch them play, I'm reminded of how young yet how important they are for this team – and also that there aren't any clear replacements off the bench should they get injured…

Good result for Chelsea, and what looks to be a good win for United. Safe to say the top six is wide open.

Beyond Saka and Martinelli not sure who you have to come in?

3 - 0 Casemiro assist Fred goal. Casemiro is some player hopefully will get us in to the top four by end of season, though we need a number 9 we should have been out of sight in this game already.

United have been good despite having a defensive crisis of sorts, Shaw has been excellent at CB.

Wan Bissaka very good also, he could have played himself back into the team longer term.

3 - 0 Casemiro assist Fred goal. Casemiro is some player hopefully will get us in to the top four by end of season, though we need a number 9 we should have been out of sight in this game already.

United have been good despite having a defensive crisis of sorts, Shaw has been excellent at CB.

Wan Bissaka very good also, he could have played himself back into the team longer term.

There's only Vieira and Marquinhos really, with Smith Rowe still out. Don't think Reiss Nelson will feature much in the PL games.

Didn't really think of bringing in a United defender. Might have to reconsider if James is out.

There's only Vieira and Marquinhos really, with Smith Rowe still out. Don't think Reiss Nelson will feature much in the PL games.

Didn't really think of bringing in a United defender. Might have to reconsider if James is out.

I totally forgot about James and regretted not signing him at the beginning of the game, then saw him go off injured.

Forest at home was a guaranteed clean sheet with there away record, even though they were very close to getting a goal lol

I totally forgot about James and regretted not signing him at the beginning of the game, then saw him go off injured.

Forest at home was a guaranteed clean sheet with there away record, even though they were very close to getting a goal lol

It will be interesting to see if Forest will manage staying up. Doubt they will, but it would be fun if they somehow manage it.

It will be interesting to see if Forest will manage staying up. Doubt they will, but it would be fun if they somehow manage it.

Signing so many players in one transfer window is futile, I can't see them staying up though I need to keep reminding myself we are not even half way through the season yet.
    Pep Roulette just hit me hard, Cancelo and Foden both benched ~X(

Signing so many players in one transfer window is futile, I can't see them staying up though I need to keep reminding myself we are not even half way through the season yet.

That's the thing (also from an FPL point of view); we might feel like we're far into the season, but there's a lot of football to be played still.

Only Cancelo for me, but seeing as City lost their clean sheet, it could have been worse.

When BH came on i was concerned as i have de gea

That's the thing (also from an FPL point of view); we might feel like we're far into the season, but there's a lot of football to be played still.

Only Cancelo for me, but seeing as City lost their clean sheet, it could have been worse.

Pep Roulette, will Erling and Ederson ever be involved ? Probably only if they come back from a injuries ?
    Did not check to see when next games were just thought they would be New Years day whoops.
    Here are the gameweek 18 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 15
    Kulusevski: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Salah: 1
    Toney: 1

No surprise to see Haaland yet again topping our captaincy list, backed by 15 managers in our league – and the only player backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Pep Roulette, will Erling and Ederson ever be involved ? Probably only if they come back from a injuries ?

Have I missed something? Haven't read anything about either two being injured?
    Did not check to see when next games were just thought they would be New Years day whoops.

Almost missed the deadline myself as well, and I checked my team only earlier today! Your team looks in good shape for this gameweek though.

Almost missed the deadline myself as well, and I checked my team only earlier today! Your team looks in good shape for this gameweek though.

What i meant was that Erling and Ederson are only the 2 players that could be exempt from Pep's roulette this season.
    Then i meant that unless they were coming back from injuries could be the only reason they are on the bench which happened to Erling a few months ago.

Two Bizarre own goals from Wout Faes gave Liverpool the LUCKY win.

What i meant was that Erling and Ederson are only the 2 players that could be exempt from Pep's roulette this season.
    Then i meant that unless they were coming back from injuries could be the only reason they are on the bench which happened to Erling a few months ago.

Two Bizarre own goals from Wout Faes gave Liverpool the LUCKY win.

Ah, my bad! Misread your comment there, @007InAction.

Didn't watch that game yesterday, but read afterwards it was a night to forget for Faes. All very close in the top six race, with Liverpool picking up another win.
    Been busy so missed all the games though a great day for United with Newcastle and City drawing.

Foden and Cancelo benched again, time to get rid I think they seem to be out of favor. I have 2 free transfers so those are the two likely to go, plus I am done with Pep Roulette lol Saying that I need a new striker also. Think I will sell Cancelo and give Foden another opportunity.
    Arsenal 1 - 0 Saka goal, could be a huge day for them if they get a win here, tough ground.
    Don't forget next GW is a double for Chelsea and Fulham, not even sure it is worth going for any of there assets...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Don't forget next GW is a double for Chelsea and Fulham, not even sure it is worth going for any of there assets...

Mitrovic and Perreira might be good choices considering they're going up against a fairly dodgy Leicester City side.