The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It's corrupted...... like Fifa :))

No doubt someone is making money from it lol
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,369
    Thankfully Gundogan delivered for me despite Germany losing, i think they are in trouble now.

Spain missing a few players including Torres in defense who I have and Morato is also out. I am guessing one of my benched players will come back in though i have no idea how it will work.

So far this World Cup there has been 104 minutes extra time in 10 games.
    Just realized you can not sub transfer out your locked captain which causes me an issue, i wanted to sell Messi to free up some money.
    Lost my Portugal clean sheet though I really want Ghana to win this game.
    Dam Portugal back in front through Felix.
    3 - 1 Portugal upped a gear, decent second half the majority of other games have been disappointing.
    Wow 3 - 2 Ghana pull one back 88th minute.

9 minutes of injury time, come on Ghana.

Major scare for Portugal and Costa at the end :)) though scrape a win.
    Ridiculous it wont let me set up my team for the next Game Day until tomorrow, with the games so early risk of missing deadline.
    According to reports Benzema could miss the WC due to a thigh injury, he has been in my draft teams.

Although I'm still not sure how much of this tournament I would like to see, it would have been great to see Benzema at his best in an international tournament. Big miss for France obviously, but they do have Giroud, who has always been great representing the national side.
    I think I am pretty much locked with my WC Fantasy team, though I have 2 England players that I am not 100% Southgate will pick, any other manager would pick them though Southgate can and will go ultra negative which is problematic.

I wish they put under each player the date of there next fixtures it would have made it easier with selecting the right players first. I ended up just opening up the fixtures in another window.

I will likely hit my wildcard early.

I am looking forward to the football, the more I think about it there really are some intriguing fixtures.

Agree re. the fixtures. The site is certainly not optimal, both from a design and function perspective.

It will be interesting to see if the teams we expect to do well go as far into the tournament we think they will, or if we get a few surprises along the way.
    3am start for the first game over here.
    This wcfl looks tricky.

Indeed, I'm having trouble picking my team for gameweek 1, and on top of that, you rely to subbing in/out players depending on how they perform. I will no doubt forget to do so!

I have set up a team purely for game day 1 I will hit my wildcard for the second game day its just simplified things for me.

Agree the Uefa site from the last tournament was set up much better.

When selecting Next fixture from drop down menu on the team selection page they should have added the date also.

I see many people on Twitter are looking to do the same. Will probably be easier to just follow the crowd on this one, and hit the WC button in gameweek 2, haha!

Agree, had less trouble with the site before and during the last tournament. I've already had to refresh the site on several occasions to be able to do what I want.

There really shouldn't be necessary to go through many clicks just to get the information you want. For example, why don't they add the date of the fixtures when you click on a player? Instead you get (using Trippier as an example): IRN: Fixture 1 – USA: Fixture 2 – WAL – Fixture 3. They could easily have added the date for these first few fixtures, instead of having a separate Fixtures tab.

Hopefully there will be some patches added as the tournament goes forward to improve it, there are still players listed that are not even at the tournament, also they are not highlighting injured players.

Edited: they have removed Ivan Toney and Garnoacho now so something has been updated.

I can't see a transfer Deadline?

Looking at the % ownership's I have three players that will be major differentials, and I am shocked by the lack of ownership in one player I have, the low ownership makes me think there maybe an issue with the player I better do some research.

Just scouting Brazil attackers, its frightening the fire power they have, Brazil are my tip to win the World Cup.

I currently have no Spanish players in my squad, they do have a good first fixture though really don't know which player would be best to bring in.

Just caught up with the first games of the tournament, and was shocked to see Argentina losing!

I see many complaining about the game on Twitter, with points not being added, and several other issues. I'm not yet sure how that has affected my team and the players I picked for gameweek 1. Glad I'm just playing this game very casually. Those who spend a lot of time on the game must be furious!

Bye :-h

Edited:

Manchester United owners to explore sale as Glazers seek new investment
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12753400/manchester-united-owners-to-explore-sale-as-glazers-seek-new-investment

Would have been surprised if this ended differently. Wonder which club will pick up Ronaldo in January!

United as an investment must be really interesting for a new potential buyer. Massive fanbase and a club in the middle of a transformation with a lot to prove on the pitch.

I don't have a Twitter account though its irritating as the bonus system does not show up as in you don't get a proper breakdown of where the points are coming from. Example being Key passes, shots on target etc. I have subbed off players that may still accumulate points as i am none the wiser.

I think Chelsea may go in for Ronaldo, personally I hope he goes overseas.

Haven't had much time for World Cup Fantasy throughout the week, but the issues you mention here and other issues have made the game really difficult to follow. I just played my wildcard, and even just picking players and confirming them isn't straight forward…

I see some journalists mentioning Chelsea as a likely destination should he want to stay in the Prem. They can afford his salary too.
    Ridiculous it wont let me set up my team for the next Game Day until tomorrow, with the games so early risk of missing deadline.
    Playing the wildcard worked for me – eventually.
    Set my alarm early decided to save my wildcard for the third game day in the group, Messi gets one more chance to deliver. I was reluctant to sell quite a few of my players as I think there are points there.

The game is definitely broken as it would only let me change my captain once, I should have been able to change my captain yesterday according the the rules though it would not let me. Admittedly it worked in my favor :))
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Set my alarm early decided to save my wildcard for the third game day in the group, Messi gets one more chance to deliver. I was reluctant to sell quite a few of my players as I think there are points there.

The game is definitely broken as it would only let me change my captain once, I should have been able to change my captain yesterday according the the rules though it would not let me. Admittedly it worked in my favor :))

Maybe it's the "BETA" version, at best .... :))
    Iran should beat Wales, though the pressure maybe too much.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    FIasco and FArce = FIFA 8-| :-O
    Iran looking the better side unlucky not to be ahead.
    Surely Wales keeper will be sent off here... only a yellow?

Blatant Red got to go to VAR.

Red and rightly so, totally reckless.

9 minutes injury time.
    WOW!!! Iran score a screamer in the 98th minutes, Iran have had the better chances and really have been wasteful in the final third though finally get there goal.
    2 - 0 Iran, great finish to the game.
    Dam I brought in Koulibaly as saw this game a sure fire clean sheet, Qatar have just scored ~X( . Senegal leading 2 - 1 :-O

Senegal extend lead 3 - 1
    Gakpo playing more advanced for Holland and scores a screamer after 5 minutes, he is my current captain. Ten hag been after Gakpo since the summer, he looks a good player a possible replacement for Gonealdo.Though i suspect Gakpo's price has gone up.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Gakpo playing more advanced for Holland and scores a screamer after 5 minutes, he is my current captain. Ten hag been after Gakpo since the summer, he looks a good player a possible replacement for Gonealdo.Though i suspect Gakpo's price has gone up.

With Ronaldo's wages off the books it may still be a goer for United to get him.

With Ronaldo's wages off the books it may still be a goer for United to get him.

Gakpo certainly has talent though not totally convinced CF is his best role, plus we have an abundance of wide men. Vlahovic and Osimhen maybe better options though far more difficult to get.
    Game on Enner Valencia gets his third goal of the WC.

Ecuador causing Holland problems unlucky not to be in front.

Finished 1 - 1 Holland look pretty average and lack pace and not much depth in there squad quality wise, soon as they meet a good side they will likely be out. De Jong was playing way too deep for Holland hardly affected the game.

Ecuador deserved to win this, they will cause problems to any team with there athleticism.
    England v USA next...
    USA will be a tough nut to crack, few of the England players looking a bit lazy.
    Pulisic hit the cross bar, wake up England.
    Quite a few surprising results already this tournament! Adding the 1-1 result from Netherlands vs Ecuador to that list.
    Poor first half from England I would get Rashford, Grealish and Foden on ASAP.
    Quite a few surprising results already this tournament! Adding the 1-1 result from Netherlands vs Ecuador to that list.

Yeah really difficult to predict results.
    It certainly makes the tournament more interesting. Wonder which surprise teams might go far into the tournament; there's always a few of them.
    Credit to USA there high press is causing England problems.
    Make a change Southgate this is not working.