The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

There's definitely a case for a strong bench, as there are so many unknown factors at play at the start of the season. I decided against a strong bench myself, with only two likely starters and a stronger starting eleven. Hopefully I won't have to rely on the bench.

I just need to keep reminding myself there are 38 games and not too make too many impulsive decisions that plagued the start of last season.

And 9 games yet to be played this gameweek too! So much can happen still.

I briefly considered Ramsdale as my starting goalkeeper, but decided against an Arsenal triple up. I don't trust Arsenal to keep many clean sheets, and the game tonight could have easily ended with both teams scoring. With only one game played it's too early to be set on a plan, but I'll be happy to get to gameweek 3 without having to make any forced transfers. If a player I can afford becomes an option on the other hand, I won't hesitate to make a transfer between now and the gameweek 3 deadline.

I went with Ward as keeper with no real back up its a risk though wanted the extra 0.5million to get Toney in. I will likely Wildcard in GW3 or 4 unless my team is doing really well.

In several mini leagues I compete in I see a lot going for a 4.0 goalkeeper double up, where all of them have gone for the Ward/Iversen combo. I went with a Sánchez/Ward double up for 0.5 more as they rotate well together, but I might have put myself in a difficult spot for when I need those 0.5. And if I've seen what people managed to do with their teams when picking the 4.0 double up before the deadline, I would definitely gone down that route as well…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,369
    Only just seen the scores for today, interesting in my penultimate draft I had Nunez and Dier who both did well. Other than my Arsenal assets on my bench's points I can't complain too much today at least Tripier and Wilson delivered. I have a feeling not owning City assets this week will hurt though, I did have Dias I don't even recall getting rid of him lol
    Although I tried out many selections with several players, I made very few changes to my saved drafts throughout preseason. Two players that missed out of my final team were Ramsdale and Zinchenko, who both entered my drafts at some point. Other than that, I only switched between a few highly owned defenders and Kane/Haaland. So I can't really complain either.

I think you have a strong team for the gameweeks ahead, even though you benched some points. It's better that those players return some points rather than risk dropping in price.

The City game will be the most important game of the weekend FPL wise, IMO. Who in that team will stand out and come into our thinking, if we don't already own them? Kane not delivering makes me go into that City game not having to worry much about how Haaland performs. It's best if he does obviously, but that gameweek 2 fixture is why I picked him ahead of Kane.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Chilwell, a surprise starter, looked good ...
    Spurs wingbacks looked amazing but they are a crapshoot as far as FPL is concerned ...
    Kulusevski might be the 8.0 MF to have after all and money-for-value possibly better than Kane/Son ...
    And a switch to Nunez from Kane/Haaland (plus leftover funds for Mitro) might be the smart move after GW 2, but will still require a hit for those of us on 3 LP already ....
    Man City to demolish Bournenouth might not be a sure thing after viewing some of their victory against Aston Villa today. But, yeah, you gotta think 4 or 5 with a brace from Haaland in that upcoming one ....
    Nunez > Dias/Robertson
    Although gameweek 1 (so far) is a very small sample size, I agree with the points you mention above @Feyador. Nunez in particular caught my eye, and I've already looked at ways to bring him in. With a Liverpool triple-up already in place, I will likely have to wait until gameweek 3 until I can do a move like that – and there might be transfers I want to prioritise first, depending on how this gameweek plays out – and the next…

All I hope for at this point, is an alright start to the FPL season, and that I'm not forced to make any transfers after this gameweek.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Promoted sides usually do OK to start with, then they become fodder for some of the biggest teams. the squad quality and depth usually catches up with them. Mitrivic is certainly a player to consider though.
    Interesting line up for United...

De gea
    Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw
    Fred Mctominay
    Erikson Rashford Sancho
    Bruno

Bruno as a false 9?

Very Pep Guardiola
    Really looking forward to today's game, hope its a true new era... Not happy that Maguire is starting, I know he is Captain but he is a liability.
    Erikson appears to be the false 9 according to Sky?
    Promoted sides usually do OK to start with, then they become fodder for some of the biggest teams. the squad quality and depth usually catches up with them. Mitrivic is certainly a player to consider though.

Indeed, we shouldn't underestimate the motivation these promoted sides have to get a good start of the season. Picking up points at the start of the season when teams are still getting into gear can be the difference of relegation in May or not.

I've been burned by owning Mitrović before, but he's obviously a very good player. If Fulham show signs of playing good, attacking football with a lot of chances coming Mitrović's way, then he'll definitely be a player to consider.

De gea
    Fred Mctominay
    Erikson Rashford Sancho
    Bruno

Bruno as a false 9?

Very Pep Guardiola

It will be interesting to see how United play in Martial's absence (and Ronaldo not in the starting eleven). An out of position United midfielder could be fantastic from an FPL perspective!

Indeed, we shouldn't underestimate the motivation these promoted sides have to get a good start of the season. Picking up points at the start of the season when teams are still getting into gear can be the difference of relegation in May or not.

I've been burned by owning Mitrović before, but he's obviously a very good player. If Fulham show signs of playing good, attacking football with a lot of chances coming Mitrović's way, then he'll definitely be a player to consider.

De gea
    Fred Mctominay
    Erikson Rashford Sancho
    Bruno

Bruno as a false 9?

Very Pep Guardiola

It will be interesting to see how United play in Martial's absence (and Ronaldo not in the starting eleven). An out of position United midfielder could be fantastic from an FPL perspective!

Ronnie will probably come on and score a Hatrick :)) United will be more possession based and squeezing the opposition in there own half, Ten Hag's biggest challenge is getting rid of some of these players bad habits. I think United will win 5 - 1 :))

Just listened to an interview with Haaland he is very grounded, he will be a great he has the right mentality.
    Eriksen is the false 9...
    COME ON UNITED...................
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,291

De gea
    Fred Mctominay
    Erikson Rashford Sancho
    Bruno

Bruno as a false 9?

Very Pep Guardiola

Ronnie will probably come on and score a Hatrick :)) United will be more possession based and squeezing the opposition in there own half, Ten Hag's biggest challenge is getting rid of some of these players bad habits. I think United will win 5 - 1 :))

Just listened to an interview with Haaland he is very grounded, he will be a great he has the right mentality.
    Eriksen is the false 9...

Yeah, it would be very surprising if Ronaldo doesn't feature at some point. Curious as to what his form will be like with little preseason involvement.

For some people, Haaland might come across as anything but grounded (him buying Rolex watches to his teammates as he left Borussia Dortmund for example), but from what I've read, he's pretty grounded. Pep wouldn't have wanted him if he wasn't, I guess!
    I'm watching the Leicester-Brentford game myself, as I have no players involved in the United-West Ham game. I'm very interested to see Leicesters form, as they've made no (?) signings yet, and Schmeichel having left.
    United 80% possession after 12 minutes, Bruno should have scored. United definitely a team in transition was a tentative start.
    This could actually be an interesting United signing…

United 80% possession after 12 minutes, Bruno should have scored. United definitely a team in transition was a tentative start.

Nothing much to report from the Leicester-Brentford game. Leicester with a slightly better first 15 mins of play, but Brentford hasn't been bad – they just had a great chance but Ward was quick to pick up the ball.

I heard that earlier, even if Ronnie stays we need further back up, Arnautovic is proven.

Nothing much to report from the Leicester-Brentford game. Leicester with a slightly better first 15 mins of play, but Brentford hasn't been bad – they just had a great chance but Ward was quick to pick up the ball.

We both need ward to keep a clean sheet.
    lol though just remembered I have Toney lol
    Bad injury for Brighton Player could be a Red for Mctominay if it goes to VAR.

Yellow stands.
    Wow that could have been a leg break.
    Cacaido is OK thankfully.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,369
    Goal for Brighton it was coming to be fair, United done nothing last 15 minutes.

I heard that earlier, even if Ronnie stays we need further back up, Arnautovic is proven.

Arnautović was great at his best in the PL, and he will no doubt get a lot of goals with Sancho, Bruno, Eriksen and Rashford around him.

We both need ward to keep a clean sheet.
    lol though just remembered I have Toney lol

A Ward clean sheet would just be a bonus. Looking at the game so far, I can see goals for both teams.
    Cacaido is OK thankfully.

Will no doubt be replays of that situation at half-time.
    Gross scored for Brighton.
    Ten Hag will be concerned we are not creating chances.