The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Friday is my last vacation day, and I'll be spending hours tinkering with my team as well. I don't have many spots to make a decision about, and I hope the team news will help me decide the final gameweek 1 team. One of the key decisions for me now is Kane or Haaland…

I will likely watch Lets talk FPL, I think he does one of the better countdown to deadline streams.

Its guaranteed I will probably change my team a hundred times lol I think you have said this before and its what I will do... I will open several windows with alternate drafts then pick one near the deadline.

Yes, Andy at Lets talk FPL has been doing great content for several years now, and has always been good at deadline streams. If I end up watching one gameweek 1 deadline stream, it's likely to be his.

There are so many people doing FPL streams now, with Fantasy Football Scout, Fantasy Football Hub and many more publishing a lot of content on their channels. I try to stick with just a few channels these days (and often just catching highlights), since following several content creators takes up a lot of time. I've also found that I've done worse in FPL when I've been following more channels and podcasts; you don't really need that much insight and that many opinions affecting how you play the game.

Yup, I will likely have a few drafts open in several windows as well, and just push the transfer button in whichever draft feels best at 18:29 UK time tomorrow :))

That being said, it won't surprise me if the site crashes at that time, so it's best to have sorted out a "bus team" 45-30 mins before the deadline, just to be sure.

I only listen to maybe 3 FPL channels now, i had loads though found myself not getting much from some content creators. Football Scout and Lets Talk FPL. are two I regularly listen to and also Elite FPL

Change of plan for me on Friday so I am going to have to get most of my team sorted ASAP. I know at least half of my team.

Good point about the site crashing that's a real concern certainly in GW1.
    Friday is my last vacation day, and I'll be spending hours tinkering with my team as well. I don't have many spots to make a decision about, and I hope the team news will help me decide the final gameweek 1 team. One of the key decisions for me now is Kane or Haaland…

I will likely watch Lets talk FPL, I think he does one of the better countdown to deadline streams.

Its guaranteed I will probably change my team a hundred times lol I think you have said this before and its what I will do... I will open several windows with alternate drafts then pick one near the deadline.

Yes, Andy at Lets talk FPL has been doing great content for several years now, and has always been good at deadline streams. If I end up watching one gameweek 1 deadline stream, it's likely to be his.

There are so many people doing FPL streams now, with Fantasy Football Scout, Fantasy Football Hub and many more publishing a lot of content on their channels. I try to stick with just a few channels these days (and often just catching highlights), since following several content creators takes up a lot of time. I've also found that I've done worse in FPL when I've been following more channels and podcasts; you don't really need that much insight and that many opinions affecting how you play the game.

Yup, I will likely have a few drafts open in several windows as well, and just push the transfer button in whichever draft feels best at 18:29 UK time tomorrow :))

That being said, it won't surprise me if the site crashes at that time, so it's best to have sorted out a "bus team" 45-30 mins before the deadline, just to be sure.

I only listen to maybe 3 FPL channels now, i had loads though found myself not getting much from some content creators. Football Scout and Lets Talk FPL. are two I regularly listen to and also Elite FPL

Change of plan for me on Friday so I am going to have to get most of my team sorted ASAP. I know at least half of my team.

When it comes to FPL content creators/channels, there's something for everyone, which is great. One of my favourite streams is actually a Swedish one, but after a couple of seasons of free content, they put their content behind a paywall as part of an online football channel. You can buy a subscription that only covers their FPL content though, but I'm not a fan of having yo pay for content for something you only play for fun. The subscription isn't expensive though, so I might still be worth it.

I don't think we'll get many surprises as far as team lineups goes, so sorting the team out now will probably work out just fine!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

When it comes to FPL content creators/channels, there's something for everyone, which is great. One of my favourite streams is actually a Swedish one, but after a couple of seasons of free content, they put their content behind a paywall as part of an online football channel. You can buy a subscription that only covers their FPL content though, but I'm not a fan of having yo pay for content for something you only play for fun. The subscription isn't expensive though, so I might still be worth it.

I don't think we'll get many surprises as far as team lineups goes, so sorting the team out now will probably work out just fine!

Pay Wall's need to be justified I think, if its something you can get free elsewhere its a bit of a con.

I am having trouble with the FPL app its not allowing me to access my team which is problematic when tweaking transfers etc.

Pay Wall's need to be justified I think, if its something you can get free elsewhere its a bit of a con.

I am having trouble with the FPL app its not allowing me to access my team which is problematic when tweaking transfers etc.

Indeed, but in this case it was totally justified. They were already a part of the online channel before going behind the paywall, so it was just a matter of time really – and I imagine a lot of the people watching their content had a subscription to the online channel already. There's always a lot of free content to watch elsewhere, but I preferred the stuff those Swedes put out.

I have trouble with the site on Chrome myself. It lags a bit when scrolling down to the team. I have to have a second browser up just for FPL to avoid the issue. I imagine there are a few bugs on the site as well as the app which they are yet to fix.

Indeed, but in this case it was totally justified. They were already a part of the online channel before going behind the paywall, so it was just a matter of time really – and I imagine a lot of the people watching their content had a subscription to the online channel already. There's always a lot of free content to watch elsewhere, but I preferred the stuff those Swedes put out.

I have trouble with the site on Chrome myself. It lags a bit when scrolling down to the team. I have to have a second browser up just for FPL to avoid the issue. I imagine there are a few bugs on the site as well as the app which they are yet to fix.

Been using Firefox more than Chrome recently I find it much quicker.

Just changed my team its currently without Salah and has Nunez, Son, KDB and 3 Arsenal players also.

I could get Salah back in quick if needed.

Just changed my team its currently without Salah and has Nunez, Son, KDB and 3 Arsenal players also.

I've been using Firefox sporadically in the past, but switched to Chrome as my default browser years ago as so much is connected with Google anyway.

That's interesting! I've seen a few "no Salah" drafts since the game launched, and it's incredible what you can do once you downgrade him to cheaper mids. Going without Salah has never been in my thinking though; he's gonna be my gameweek 1 captain.

I've been using Firefox sporadically in the past, but switched to Chrome as my default browser years ago as so much is connected with Google anyway.

That's interesting! I've seen a few "no Salah" drafts since the game launched, and it's incredible what you can do once you downgrade him to cheaper mids. Going without Salah has never been in my thinking though; he's gonna be my gameweek 1 captain.

I will likely bottle it and get Salah back in, though in his absense your can really build a very strong side.

I will likely bottle it and get Salah back in, though in his absense your can really build a very strong side.

There's definitely a case for not including him, but you're obviously missing out on one of the best captaincy options, which is why I won't go without him. That being said, there are always other players that can offer great captaincy points potential in most gameweeks.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,367

There's definitely a case for not including him, but you're obviously missing out on one of the best captaincy options, which is why I won't go without him. That being said, there are always other players that can offer great captaincy points potential in most gameweeks.

Martial is out injured not good, Ronaldo may not be fit enough to start. If I stuck with my current team Son gers the arm band.

Martial is out injured not good, Ronaldo may not be fit enough to start. If I stuck with my current team Son gers the arm band.

Read that Martial is injured last night. Huge blow for United, with Ronaldo likely lacking match fitness as well…Really want Son in my team, and he's a great option for the captaincy – but I just can't find a formation which leaves me enough cash to bring him in. It would have to be a 4-5-1 formation with two 4.5 forwards and a very cheap defence, which seems to inflexible to be worth it to afford one player.
    sSq2seT.jpg

The day we've all been waiting for all summer is finally here: The start of the Fantasy Premier League season! The gameweek 1 deadline is tonight at 18:30 UK time, so there's still time to set up a team and join our Back of the net! Fantasy league, using the code: skikqy – or auto-join by clicking here.

19 teams have registered so far, and I expect a competitive season of fantasy football – just like last season!
    Good luck everyone, I am going for a Salah light team though its looking decent, first game of the season is really pot luck we don't know really which players will turn up.
    I think my team is locked, I will post my team after the deadline...
    F3Mcizp.png
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,289
    That's a really interesting front three, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Could see Wilson in particular as a good differential in gameweek 1.

I managed to fall asleep on the couch leading up to the deadline (!), but there was only one transfer I was undecided about, so hopefully it won't matter in the end. I was on a 4-4-2 for most of the preseason, but couldn't decide on what to do in midfield, and as a result I ended up with this 5-3-2:

Ward
    Alexander-Arnold - Trippier - Cancelo - Robertson - James
    Salah - Bailey - Martinelli
    Haaland - Jesus
    (Sánchez - Neto - Archer - Andreas)
    That's a really interesting front three, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Could see Wilson in particular as a good differential in gameweek 1.

I managed to fall asleep on the couch leading up to the deadline (!), but there was only one transfer I was undecided about, so hopefully it won't matter in the end. I was on a 4-4-2 for most of the preseason, but couldn't decide on what to do in midfield, and as a result I ended up with this 5-3-2:

Ward

Who are your front 2?

I had Sterling and Nunez late on though thought Nunez may not start and bottled not having Salah, Salah will be so highly owned so a risk if he hauls GW1.

Ward

Who are your front 2?

I had Sterling and Nunez late on though thought Nunez may not start and bottled not having Salah, Salah will be so highly owned so a risk if he hauls GW1.

Forgot to add those – Haaland and Jesus! Been switching between Kane and Haaland, but decided to pick Haaland in the end, as I definitely want him in gameweek 2.

I expect we'll all have the likes of Sterling and Nunez in our teams at some point this season, but Salah is a highly owned safe pair of hands to own from the start.

Freddie Ljungberg is a guest in the PL coverage on Viaplay, who took over the PL rights from TV2 before this season. I hope this is not just a one-off with the Arsenal legend in the studio!
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited August 2022 Posts: 735
    It's early, of course, but Martinelli, plus 2 million, is looking more dangerous than Saka against CP right now. I can see this Arsenal 11 blitzing most clubs in the first 30 mins of a game but whether Arsenal have the subs to get thru the following 60 mins at that pace I kind of doubt ...
    Feyador wrote: »
    It's early, of course, but Martinelli, plus 2 million, is looking more dangerous than Saka against CP right no. I can see this Arsenal 11 blitzing most clubs in the first 30 mins of a game but whether Arsenal have the subs to get thru the following 60 mins at that pace I kind of doubt ...

This first half saw the good and the bad from Arsenal. Promising attacking play, but also a team which made several dangerous mistakes which could have ended up with a Palace goal or two before the half time whistle.

Martinelli have been promising in the preseason. Not a lot happening down Saka's side so far, but Arsenal are also playing White on the right side of the defence, where the more attacking Tomiyasu would have played if fit. In isolation I think Saka is better, as he's less likely to be rotated, but with Smith Rowe out injured, and Nketiah on the bench, Martinelli will hopefully be a good option in that price bracket.
    Ramsdale reminds me of a lot of Pickford: utter brilliance coexisting uneasily with the possibility of catastrophic failure at any moment ....
    It was certainly the good and the bad with Ramsdale tonight. Luckily for Arsenal, he stepped up with saves in the most dangerous situations. Arteta will no doubt look at this game as a confirmation that they have a lot of work to do, despite the result.
    Great start for me :)) I have 14 points on my bench X_X
    Ouch! Understand the benching decisions though; Palace was a tough away game for Arsenal anyway. Can see any of the starting eleven delivering!
    Ouch! Understand the benching decisions though; Palace was a tough away game for Arsenal anyway. Can see any of the starting eleven delivering!

That's the problem with going with a strong bench, if one or two of my starters no show at least I have back up. I won't panic yet 😂
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,289
    There's definitely a case for a strong bench, as there are so many unknown factors at play at the start of the season. I decided against a strong bench myself, with only two likely starters and a stronger starting eleven. Hopefully I won't have to rely on the bench.
    There's definitely a case for a strong bench, as there are so many unknown factors at play at the start of the season. I decided against a strong bench myself, with only two likely starters and a stronger starting eleven. Hopefully I won't have to rely on the bench.

I just need to keep reminding myself there are 38 games and not too make too many impulsive decisions that plagued the start of last season.

I just need to keep reminding myself there are 38 games and not too make too many impulsive decisions that plagued the start of last season.

And 9 games yet to be played this gameweek too! So much can happen still.

I briefly considered Ramsdale as my starting goalkeeper, but decided against an Arsenal triple up. I don't trust Arsenal to keep many clean sheets, and the game tonight could have easily ended with both teams scoring. With only one game played it's too early to be set on a plan, but I'll be happy to get to gameweek 3 without having to make any forced transfers. If a player I can afford becomes an option on the other hand, I won't hesitate to make a transfer between now and the gameweek 3 deadline.
    Been there ... and the psychological blow of such a possibility is enough reason alone for me to avoid having a strong bench ... but on the plus side Saliba looks to be a strong differential pick with many more clean sheet possibilities coming up in the games ahead.

And 9 games yet to be played this gameweek too! So much can happen still.

I briefly considered Ramsdale as my starting goalkeeper, but decided against an Arsenal triple up. I don't trust Arsenal to keep many clean sheets, and the game tonight could have easily ended with both teams scoring. With only one game played it's too early to be set on a plan, but I'll be happy to get to gameweek 3 without having to make any forced transfers. If a player I can afford becomes an option on the other hand, I won't hesitate to make a transfer between now and the gameweek 3 deadline.

I went with Ward as keeper with no real back up its a risk though wanted the extra 0.5million to get Toney in. I will likely Wildcard in GW3 or 4 unless my team is doing really well.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Been there ... and the psychological blow of such a possibility is enough reason alone for me to avoid having a strong bench ... but on the plus side Saliba looks to be a strong differential pick with many more clean sheet possibilities coming up in the games ahead.

I was always going to play my three Arsenal Assets next GW, on the plus side I don't have to worry about getting them in. I have a gut feeling Arsenal may do quite well this season.

Edited: Now I have 16 points on my bench after bonus points ~X(
    Here are the gameweek 1 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 10
    Kane: 3
    Jesus: 1
    Son: 1
    Haaland: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Antonio: 1
    Fernandes: 1

Salah is by far the most captained player in our league, backed by 10 managers for his fixture against Fulham. Kane is the only other player captained by more than one managers, with three managers hoping he'll deliver against Southampton. Good luck everyone!