The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,375
    Ronaldo has confirmed he is playing on Sunday for United, we have two games this weekend. So much rubbish in the media, I have no idea what's going on 😂

That Sesko price needs £20 Million taking off 😂
    Ronaldo has confirmed he is playing on Sunday for United, we have two games this weekend. So much rubbish in the media, I have no idea what's going on 😂

But he didn't travel with the squad, did he? Hard to tell what's going on, that's for sure. But I guess we'll know soon.

It's a ridiculous price, but that's the sort of transfer fees we have to expect for up and coming talents. It really just highlights the importance of the academies and the development of young talents within the clubs.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

But he didn't travel with the squad, did he? Hard to tell what's going on, that's for sure. But I guess we'll know soon.

It's a ridiculous price, but that's the sort of transfer fees we have to expect for up and coming talents. It really just highlights the importance of the academies and the development of young talents within the clubs.

The second game on Sunday is at Old Trafford the first game today is in Norway, the squad has been split in two for the weekend.

Its good to see Mclaren amongst the coaching staff again, this video always cracks me up, Steve with a Dutch accent god knows what he was thinking...

United v Athletico good start to the game Shaw is out so the impressive Malacia started, this kid is good.

A few Yellow cards, any game vs Athletico is never a friendly. Some dodgy tackles going in. Things are kicking off now, very competitive game.

I will be very surprised if there is not a Red card in this game.

Decent first half from United though Madrid trying every trick in the book to try to stop United playing. 0 - 0 though this is the perfect pre season game its a bit of a battle.

5 Yellow Cards in the first half of a pre season friendly :))
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 17,293

The second game on Sunday is at Old Trafford the first game today is in Norway, the squad has been split in two for the weekend.

Its good to see Mclaren amongst the coaching staff again, this video always cracks me up, Steve with a Dutch accent god knows what he was thinking...

Ah, I see. Will be interesting to see if Ronaldo makes an appearance on the pitch then!

Didn't know Steve McClaren was still active in coaching. This will be his second spell coaching at the club, won't it?
    United v Athletico good start to the game Shaw is out so the impressive Malacia started, this kid is good.

A few Yellow cards, any game vs Athletico is never a friendly. Some dodgy tackles going in. Things are kicking off now, very competitive game.

Decent first half from United though Madrid trying every trick in the book to try to stop United playing. 0 - 0 though this is the perfect pre season game its a bit of a battle.

Any standout players so far? I'm watching the Arsenal-Sevilla game right now. Arsenal 4-0 up at half-time, but it's not been a 4-0 kind of performance, to be honest. at least they look on schedule for the new season.

Ah, I see. Will be interesting to see if Ronaldo makes an appearance on the pitch then!

Didn't know Steve McClaren was still active in coaching. This will be his second spell coaching at the club, won't it?

Any standout players so far? I'm watching the Arsenal-Sevilla game right now. Arsenal 4-0 up at half-time, but it's not been a 4-0 kind of performance, to be honest. at least they look on schedule for the new season.

Yeah Mclaren was Fergies Number 2 for a period, he has also worked with Ten hag before.

I will definitely have a few arsenal players in my team.

United just look like a far better team now I am happy they are competitve. Fred and Malacia been good, Rashford and Martial should have scored. Sancho is out with illness, Bruno's form not quite there at the moment. Erikson is on the bench so should get minutes later in the game.

Martial injured not moving.
    Martial ok looks like, Ten Hag has said he still wants 2 strikers in, I agree we lack depth in forward positions even if Ronaldo stays.
    Athletico barely go a minute without committing a foul.
    Donny and Erikson coming on at 65 minutes.
    Interesting Bruno is staying on, so Donny, Bruno and Erikson in the same side.

Erikson orchestrating things already, the playmaker we need for sure.

Erikson should have two assists already, Elanga and Maguire should have scored from great crosses.
    Madrid take the lead, Felix with a corker. Looks like a loss here.

More hand bags, Fred could get sent off here.

Sent off.

Yeah Mclaren was Fergies Number 2 for a period, he has also worked with Ten hag before.

I will definitely have a few arsenal players in my team.

United just look like a far better team now I am happy they are competitve. Fred and Malacia been good, Rashford and Martial should have scored. Sancho is out with illness, Bruno's form not quite there at the moment. Erikson is on the bench so should get minutes later in the game.

Martial injured not moving.

Ah, didn't know McClaren had worked with ten Hag before. Makes sense for him to return to United then. Could be a clever decision by the club.

It's too early perhaps, but it looks by your comments above that Eriksen might be one to add to the watchlist already. He could become a great FPL option at his price in the game!

6-0 for Arsenal in the end. They really had no trouble in this game, and Sevilla looked far behind in their preseason preparations. Jesus is locked in my team, but I'm really not sure who else I want from Arsenal. I can see myself doubling up, but I'm cautious about a triple-up, as I can see that Palace game on Friday being a very tricky one. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Palace take all three points.
    United had chances and should have won this game, United are showing hunger again though they let Madrid get under there skin. For periods of the game United were dominant and had good attacking play, at least we have another game tomorrow.

Ten Hag is transforming this team though it early days and there is a long way to go, I don't expect top four this season though we are playing better and will compete.
    Community Shield later between Liverpool and City.
    United had chances and should have won this game, United are showing hunger again though they let Madrid get under there skin. For periods of the game United were dominant and had good attacking play, at least we have another game tomorrow.

Ten Hag is transforming this team though it early days and there is a long way to go, I don't expect top four this season though we are playing better and will compete.

I wouldn't rule out a top four finish for United. If they manage to sign the players they need and dominate games with attacking play, they should be good enough to finish with a CL spot by the end of the season. City and Liverpool should compete for the title, but behind them it's very open who'll grab the CL spots; Spurs look strong and could easily finish third, Chelsea look a weaker side than last season, whereas Arsenal have a young squad that might not handle the pressure. My guess for top 6 would be something like this:

1. Man City
    2. Liverpool
    3. Spurs
    4. United
    5. Chelsea
    6. Arsenal
    TAA goal, just got back went for a quick ride out on mountain bike.

United will be lucky to get Sixth we just don't have the squad depth.

If he wasn't locked into our teams already, he should definitely be now!

I think that's too harsh. I can see ten Hag get more out of this United team than that – if they sign a few more players, that is.

I think that's too harsh. I can see ten Hag get more out of this United team than that – if they sign a few more players, that is.

I have no doubt Hag will do well though i know what our board is like, it may take a few transfer windows.

Haaland not really involved in general play though very early days. Against lessor team Haaland will get chances galore.
    City goal gone to VAR though surely should stand.
    Alvarez looked lively since he came on to be honest he fits City's style of play more than Haaland. Goal given and rightly so Alverez scorer.

I have no doubt Hag will do well though i know what our board is like, it may take a few transfer windows.

Haaland not really involved in general play though very early days. Against lessor team Haaland will get chances galore.
    City goal gone to VAR though surely should stand.
    Alvarez looked lively since he came on to be honest he fits City's style of play more than Haaland. Goal given and rightly so Alverez scorer.

I think the January window might be one to keep an eye on too, as United might look to that window to adjust what they can't do in this window.

Early days still, so I imagine Haaland will fit nicely into this City team, though he will no doubt be a bigger threat against teams where City can do more counter attacking football.
    From an FPL point of view and this may be jinxing myself I am thinking of leaving Haaland for now and see how he develops in the team.
    Handball I think they may give that.
    Yep Salah to take a penalty...
    Goal Salah was never going to miss 2 - 1 Liverpool. Keeper got close.
    From an FPL point of view and this may be jinxing myself I am thinking of leaving Haaland for now and see how he develops in the team.

Still very much undecided what to do re. Haaland myself. Kane might be a better GW1 option, but Haaland might be better long term…

City haven't played at their best tonight. I hoped to get an indication from this game who I might want to own from the team, but if anything I'm more uncertain who I want to bring in besides Cancelo – who was in my team already.

Still very much undecided what to do re. Haaland myself. Kane might be a better GW1 option, but Haaland might be better long term…

City haven't played at their best tonight. I hoped to get an indication from this game who I might want to own from the team, but if anything I'm more uncertain who I want to bring in besides Cancelo – who was in my team already.

Plus West Ham away is a tricky game to start the season for city, I will hit Wild Card early so I will likely just set a team up to play the first 3 fixtures.
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 17,293

Plus West Ham away is a tricky game to start the season for city, I will hit Wild Card early so I will likely just set a team up to play the first 3 fixtures.

There will no doubt be a lot of wildcards played early this season. There are quite a few "template players" featuring in most teams I see online right now, but the variations in formations (big at the back, strong midfield, utilising just a single striker spot, etc.) makes it very difficult to do major surgery without taking several hits.

If I can get to gameweek 4 without wildcarding, I'll be very happy!

There will no doubt be a lot of wildcards played early this season. There are quite a few "template players" featuring in most teams I see online right now, but the variations in formations (big at the back, strong midfield, utilising just a single striker spot, etc.) makes it very difficult to do major surgery without taking several hits.

If I can get to gameweek 4 without wildcarding, I'll be very happy!

What I find amusing is some FPL managers saying they have the perfect team, that all changes when the first game is played :)) Like you have said before it's 38 games there is no such thing as a perfect team.