The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This couldn't have gone worse for Arsenal. Think that's top four done for them with Tierney injured, and what looks like Partey injured too…

Unfortunately United were unable to capatalise its down to you and Spurs for 4th.

Just made two free transfers, two players that are double GW33 players.

Still think United have a shot at 4th. Both United and Sp*rs have the squad depth, whereas Arsenal sold those that would have added to their squad depth in January…

Gameweek 33 will be in my mind when making transfers this gameweek too. Won't rule out Free Hit, depending on the state of my team before the gameweek 33 deadline.

Honestly United have no chance the players have checked out and our fixtures are not great. Will be glad when this season is over and hopefully will have a clear out of players.

I still have my bench boost either GW33 or 36 not sure which is when I will play it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,376
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-ten-hag-ajax-23617209.amp

Ten Hag next United manager looking very likely, which I am happy with I did not favour Poch. Like Arteta he worked with Pep for a number of years (at Bayern Munich) before his success at Ajax.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited April 2022 Posts: 735
    Full Draw one or two tough groups there...
    World Cup draw in full
    Group A: Qatar – A1, Netherlands – A4, Senegal - A3, Ecuador – A2

Group B: England – B1, USA – B3, Iran – B2, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine – B4

Group C: Argentina – C1, Mexico - C3, Poland - C4, Saudi Arabia – C2

Group D: France – D1, Denmark – D3, Tunisia – D4, UAE/Australia/Peru – D2

Group E: Spain – E1, Germany – E3, Japan – E4, Costa Rica/New Zealand – E2

Group F: Belgium – F1, Croatia – F4, Morocco - F3, Canada - F2

Group G: Brazil – G1, Switzerland – G3, Serbia - G2, Cameroon – G4

Group H: Portugal – H1, Uruguay – H3, South Korea – H4, Ghana - H2

Some interesting groups here! England and Wales/Scotland in the same group would be ... [/quote]

Excited about Canada’s presence here! They're mostly young & fun to watch, with a good manager, a lot of team spirit and some exciting players in Davies, David, Buchanan and Larin.
    This couldn't have gone worse for Arsenal. Think that's top four done for them with Tierney injured, and what looks like Partey injured too…

Unfortunately United were unable to capatalise its down to you and Spurs for 4th.

Just made two free transfers, two players that are double GW33 players.

Still think United have a shot at 4th. Both United and Sp*rs have the squad depth, whereas Arsenal sold those that would have added to their squad depth in January…

Gameweek 33 will be in my mind when making transfers this gameweek too. Won't rule out Free Hit, depending on the state of my team before the gameweek 33 deadline.

Honestly United have no chance the players have checked out and our fixtures are not great. Will be glad when this season is over and hopefully will have a clear out of players.

I still have my bench boost either GW33 or 36 not sure which is when I will play it.

Either one of those gameweek could be a good time to play the Bench Boost. The upside with gameweek 36 is that you have more gameweeks to make transfers.
    Totally forgot about the deadline, not checked my team. So unsure who my captain is. Think it was Kane?
    Totally forgot about the deadline, not checked my team. So unsure who my captain is. Think it was Kane?

Yes! Your team looks good for this gameweek though, despite missing the deadline :-)
    A bit late again, but here's a gameweek 31 update! Gameweek 31 failed to be a very high scoring gameweek, with an overall average of just 43 points. That didn't stop our league from doing quite well though, and we had several high scores. Best of all was �, picking up an impressive 71 points and a gameweek rank of 195 716, playing the Bench Boost. Congratulations! =D>

M5vCUYS.png

I also noticed to my shock that I haven't checked who won gameweek 30! A big, and belated congratulations to LVLA Skopje! =D>

GsriR98.png

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias
    GW 30: LVLA Skopje
    GW 31: �

Here are the gameweek 32 captaincy picks!
    Kane: 10
    Son: 4
    Salah: 4
    Grealish: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Bowen: 1
    Gordon: 1
    Jota: 1
    Ronaldo: 1
    Coutinho: 1
    Antonio: 1
    Raphinha: 1

We have a varied list of captaincy picks this time around – maybe not that surprising with Liverpool and Salah facing a tricky fixture away at City on Sunday. Salah is always a decent captaincy option though, and is backed by four managers this gameweek. So is Son – only topped by Kane in their favourable fixture against Aston Villa. Good luck everyone!

Yes! Your team looks good for this gameweek though, despite missing the deadline :-)

Yeah Shar got a clean sheet though picked up a yellow, I really set the team for next week rathar than this GW if I do OK its a bonus. I need to check how many players I have doubling next week.

Edited: Six players doubling though that includes two keepers, I have one free transfer and probably will take a hit.

I really should have checked my team, Coutiniho is my last sub he is at home to Spurs, I bet he grabs an assist at the very least Gr. For some reason I thought Spurs were at Home this GW, I really should have checked.

Yeah Shar got a clean sheet though picked up a yellow, I really set the team for next week rathar than this GW if I do OK its a bonus. I need to check how many players I have doubling next week.

Edited: Six players doubling though that includes two keepers, I have one free transfer and probably will take a hit.

I really should have checked my team, Coutiniho is my last sub he is at home to Spurs, I bet he grabs an assist at the very least Gr. For some reason I thought Spurs were at Home this GW, I really should have checked.

With the doubles next gameweek, gameweek 32 won't be a gameweek many will target, and as you write, a decent score in GW 32 will only be a bonus.

Still undecided what to do for next gameweek myself. I'll likely take a hit and bring in a couple of double gameweek players more, though I'm not ruling out the Free Hit either. Won't be able to field more than six in total with transfers alone.

Don't think it really matters if Sp*rs are home or away. The have momentum and are ahead in the top four race. Think they will win the game against Villa without trouble.

With the doubles next gameweek, gameweek 32 won't be a gameweek many will target, and as you write, a decent score in GW 32 will only be a bonus.

Still undecided what to do for next gameweek myself. I'll likely take a hit and bring in a couple of double gameweek players more, though I'm not ruling out the Free Hit either. Won't be able to field more than six in total with transfers alone.

Don't think it really matters if Sp*rs are home or away. The have momentum and are ahead in the top four race. Think they will win the game against Villa without trouble.

Not sure when to use my bench boost, two of my players blank next GW. I need to workout how my team will look with the future Doubles when I have time.

Currently around 450'000 after my terrible start my aim was to try and get into the top half million. With the remaining fixtures hoping to finish around 250'000 that would be a result this year for sure.
    United players should be ashamed, utterly abysmal performance. I saw this coming though its still painfull. End this season please A. S. A. P.
    I have backed the wrong teams so far this GW, really wishing I had chelsea assets right now. Arsenal and United appear to be gifting 4th to spurs.
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 17,293
    I have backed the wrong teams so far this GW, really wishing I had chelsea assets right now. Arsenal and United appear to be gifting 4th to spurs.

I own James, but he doesn't play… United and Arsenal are gifting the fourth place to Sp*rs now. The good run had to end at some point for Arsenal, and they should shift focus on securing a top six spot now.
    Typical Doherty went off injured so lost clean sheet points, Kane and Son saved my GW though captained the wrong one.
    Typical Doherty went off injured so lost clean sheet points, Kane and Son saved my GW though captained the wrong one.

That Doherty injury was the last thing my team needed! Might end up having to make a -8 for next gameweek now…

That Doherty injury was the last thing my team needed! Might end up having to make a -8 for next gameweek now…

Hoping City win today with Salah still scoring. I don't want Liverpool equalling our Premiership record 😖

Hoping City win today with Salah still scoring. I don't want Liverpool equalling our Premiership record 😖

2-2 in the end. Think that was the best result possible for neutrals, with the title race still on.

2-2 in the end. Think that was the best result possible for neutrals, with the title race still on.

Not sure what to do with my team i have one free transfer, will wait on doherty until i know for certain that he wont play.

Not sure what to do with my team i have one free transfer, will wait on doherty until i know for certain that he wont play.

Really not sure what to do about my team either. With players blanking and now Doherty a doubt, I don't have many options really. Going forward I'm thinking of maybe dropping Salah(!).

Really not sure what to do about my team either. With players blanking and now Doherty a doubt, I don't have many options really. Going forward I'm thinking of maybe dropping Salah(!).

Risky move he is always capable of hauling and Liverpool have United at home soon, Liverpool will anhilate us.

Risky move he is always capable of hauling and Liverpool have United at home soon, Liverpool will anhilate us.

Indeed, and it's not a move that's possible to prioritise this gameweek. Though I'm tempted to move him on to strengthen the midfield and defence.
    https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/15/burnley-sack-sean-dyche-in-midst-of-premier-league-relegation-battle
    Could be a mistake, Dyche works wonders I would not write him off personally.
    ---

Still none the wiser regarding transfers.

Edited: Doherty out for season helped make my mind up.
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 17,293
    https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/apr/15/burnley-sack-sean-dyche-in-midst-of-premier-league-relegation-battle
    Could be a mistake, Dyche works wonders I would not write him off personally.
    ---

Still none the wiser regarding transfers.

Edited: Doherty out for season helped make my mind up.

Incredible decision by Burnley. Hard to imagine anyone coming in there carrying on what Dyche managed with that club.

Doherty out for the season makes my decision for this gameweel somewhat easier too. Could still end up doing anything from a -4 to a -8 or Free Hit though.
    We have another deadline in a couple of hours, which leaves us enough time to have a look at how things went in gameweek 32! The gameweek had an overall average of 48 points, and it's fun to see that many of our teams managed to beat the average – some by quite a lot. Best of all was FC Nostromo, scoring an impressive 83 points, and a gameweek rank of 253 138. Congratulations! =D>

NLPIaLg.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias
    GW 30: LVLA Skopje
    GW 31: �
    GW 32: FC Nostromo
    Congratulations FC Nostromo
    ---

I have not even checked last night's result.
    There was not a game last night, not sure why I thought that.
    I am starting to wonder if I am sleeping on this GW, I am not even considering a double GW player as Captain...
    Schär is my Captain, its a gamble though hopefully will be a Rank climber.
    I am starting to wonder if I am sleeping on this GW, I am not even considering a double GW player as Captain...
    Schär is my Captain, its a gamble though hopefully will be a Rank climber.

I had that exact same dilemma. Gameweek 33 isn't that interesting even with the doubles, and I considered both Salah and Kane above several of my double gameweek players. Ended up with Wood as my captain, which is just a gamble to see if that can give me some push in the overall rankings. Doubt it though.

________

Here are the gameweek 33 captaincy picks!
    Son: 6
    Kane: 4
    Maddison: 4
    Salah: 3
    Fernandes: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Bowen: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Ronaldo: 1
    Gordon: 1
    Antonio: 1
    Saka: 1
    Schär: 1
    Wood: 1

We have another double gameweek ahead of us, which makes the captaincy a bit more varied than usual. Gameweek 33 might not be the most appealing double gameweek on paper though, and it's single gameweek players Son and Kane that tops the captaincy list along with Maddison, who has a double fixture. Good luck everyone!
    Crikey United starting with Bruno, Lingard and Pogba in midfield. :-O

It looks like me taking the Captaincy of Kane was a wise move.
    Crikey United starting with Bruno, Lingard and Pogba in midfield. :-O

It looks like me taking the Captaincy of Kane was a wise move.

That's quite a surprise! Wonder how that will turn out.

Still minutes to go in the game though…