The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Was there some controversy re. the goal? Seem to have seen mention of that before heading out earlier tonight.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Was there some controversy re. the goal? Seem to have seen mention of that before heading out earlier tonight.

Pogba foul in the build-up that was overlooked.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

A Typical low key reaction from Pogba's biggest fan.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,375
    Ronaldo officially signed still no FPL price though I have read it could be 13 Million :-O
    AnyDemandingCivet-size_restricted.gif
    FPL price 12m from one source nothing official yet.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,354
    12.5, for the new penalty taker ?
    tumblr_onu7opWrRQ1v8xre3o1_400.gifv
    E-HgIMYWQAs4Go6?format=jpg&name=medium

I see. It wasn't talked about much after game, so it might not have been that controversial after all.

Can't access the video. What was the talking points re. Pogba?

12.5. for Ronaldo is probably an alright price, and around what people had guessed. I would not have been surprised if they had bumped the price up to 13.0m, just to make it difficult for us.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,293

Very sad news indeed, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. It's only a few weeks since I read through some pages of one of the threads @barryt007 started, which made me think if he would return at some point. Will miss his contributions and the talks we had here on the forum.

Very sad news indeed, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. It's only a few weeks since I read through some pages of one of the threads @barryt007 started, which made me think if he would return at some point. Will miss his contributions and the talks we had here on the forum.

Yeah he was a character and one of the big personalities on here and contributed a lot to the site, at the start of the season I checked to see if he had rejoined our league as I noticed others that have not been posting recently had. There have been quite a few people that had left, like yourself I thought Barry would return.

I see. It wasn't talked about much after game, so it might not have been that controversial after all.

12.5. for Ronaldo is probably an alright price, and around what people had guessed. I would not have been surprised if they had bumped the price up to 13.0m, just to make it difficult for us.

Souness is not a fan of Pogba any excuse to go in on him.

For now I will not go in for Ronaldo as it would mean taking hits, plus I still think Bruno will get FPL points short term at least.

Yeah he was a character and one of the big personalities on here and contributed a lot to the site, at the start of the season I checked to see if he had rejoined our league as I noticed others that have not been posting recently had. There have been quite a few people that had left, like yourself I thought Barry would return.

Yes, I hoped he'd be a part of our league again. The forum won't be the same without him.

Souness is not a fan of Pogba any excuse to go in on him.

For now I will not go in for Ronaldo as it would mean taking hits, plus I still think Bruno will get FPL points short term at least.

Ah, yes. Nothing new there!

I have some decisions to make before the next deadline. I could transfer out Ings and Fernandes for Ronaldo (or Lukaku) and a (upper) mid-priced midfielder in two moves (no hits). At the same time, it's tempting to play the wildcard and restructure the team. I've had a good start so far, and playing the wildcard now could be a way to set up the team and bench for the upcoming gameweeks.
    A bit late (again), but here is the gameweek 3 update!

Only two points separate the overall gameweek average between gameweek 2 and 3, which in gameweek 3 dropped to 54 points. It was a gameweek that saw popular picks like Salah and Antonio delivering, while another popular option – Fernandes – frustratingly only got two points against Southampton. But even though some players failed to deliver, our league managed som very good gameweek scores – best of all Team Extreme, scoring 76 points. Congratulations! =D>

9nf83vy.png
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    League table standings

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 64 - TOT 264
    2. CSAC: GW 61 - TOT 235
    3. MEJICO POWA: GW 72 - TOT 233
    4. Team Extreme: GW 76 - TOT 232
    5. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 49 - TOT 211
    6. أبو كاتم : GW 61 - TOT 207
    7. �: GW 60 - TOT 198
    8. Charlton Pathetic: GW 63 - TOT 197
    9. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 62 - TOT 192
    10. Kicked in Dias: GW 66 - TOT 187
    11. Lucky Ducks: GW 59 - TOT 186
    12. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 41 - TOT 184
    13. Bad gang XI: GW 71 - TOT 181
    13. Liverpool Richmond: GW 61 - TOT 181
    13. Incredible XI: GW 56 - TOT 181
    16. Cremonese-Killen: GW 49 - TOT 178
    17. Anfield FC: GW 51 - TOT 173
    18. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 47 - TOT 169
    19. GoldyThe Ref: GW 43 – TOT 168
    20. Benny's Blues: GW 64 - TOT 165
    20. Red Warriors: GW 63 - TOT 165
    22. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 61 - TOT 162
    23. The Best: GW 73 - TOT 155
    24. The Vardy Boyz: GW 61 - TOT 150
    25. on the throne: GW 45 - TOT 145
    26. United Team: GW 50 - TOT 90
    27. CFC: GW 33 - TOT 33

We have a week of international games ahead of us, so keep an eye out for injuries and have your teams ready by the Sat 11 Sep deadline, at 11:00 UK time.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,375

Only two points separate the overall gameweek average between gameweek 2 and 3, which in gameweek 3 dropped to 54 points. It was a gameweek that saw popular picks like Salah and Antonio delivering, while another popular option – Fernandes – frustratingly only got two points against Southampton. But even though some players failed to deliver, our league managed som very good gameweek scores – best of all Team Extreme, scoring 76 points. Congratulations! =D>

9nf83vy.png
    Gameweek winners:
    League table standings

We have a week of international games ahead of us, so keep an eye out for injuries and have your teams ready by the Sat 11 Sep deadline, at 11:00 UK time.

Thank you @Torgeirtrap I dedicate winning this GW in our Mini league to our fellow FPL Manager @barryt007

---

Potential Ronaldo owners, the Portugal manager has said that Ronaldo is set to play all three games during the international break. Ronaldo's age and fitness clearly not an issue.

Portugal's first game is tonight. For UK viewers Portugal v Republic of Ireland coverage starts 7.45pm on Sky Sports. I will definitely be watching the game.
    Bruno fouled in area longest VR check in history lol, Ronny to take the penalty misses :-O
    Ireland take lead great header from Egan similar to Havertz vs Liverpool.

Ronaldo watch: not had much service.

My early thought are Ronny will benefit from the service he will get from Shaw and Sancho from the flanks and AWB to a lesser degree though he is improving with his crossing.

Ronaldo moved to the left seeing more of the ball, this Portugal formation does Bruno no favours.

Bruno subbed on the 60 minute mark, in this set up Bruno is too deep and looks as ineffective as he was at the Euros.

United will likely push Bruno up to play just behind Ronaldo almost like a second striker.
    Had to go out and missed last few minutes the GOAT just had to go and score two late goals (both great headers) to become the greatest goal scorer in international history 2 more than the previous record. For a dramatic late victory over Ireland.

Ronaldo Ronaldo Ronaldo!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/58412201.amp
    Ronaldo's 111 goals in 180 games is well clear of Messi's 76 in 151 - roughly 0.6 goals a game compared with 0.5.

Had to go out and missed last few minutes the GOAT just had to go and score two late goals (both great headers) to become the greatest goal scorer in international history 2 more than the previous record. For a dramatic late victory over Ireland.

Ronaldo's 111 goals in 180 games is well clear of Messi's 76 in 151 - roughly 0.6 goals a game compared with 0.5.

Ronaldo sure is a promising young player 👍 but he should have signed for Liverpool. 😉

Ronaldo sure is a promising young player 👍 but he should have signed for Liverpool. 😉

I am still in shock he has returned to United. The Anfield faithful would never allow Ronaldo to join you guys.

Paul Ince has a lot to say about United on our fan channels lately, I still have not forgiven him for not just playing for Liverpool also his celebration when you scraped a 2 - 2 draw at home in 1999. Owen is another who chops and changes his alliegences lol Man United and Liverpool players should never where the other teams kit.

I am still in shock he has returned to United. The Anfield faithful would never allow Ronaldo to join you guys.

Paul Ince has a lot to say about United on our fan channels lately, I still have not forgiven him for not just playing for Liverpool also his celebration when you scraped a 2 - 2 draw at home in 1999. Owen is another who chops and changes his alliegences lol Man United and Liverpool players should never where the other teams kit.

I think the Anfield faithful would have loved it if he joined us.

They hated Rooney and G neville the most i think ?

I hated it when Owen left Liverpool but didn't bother me when he joined utd.

Liverpool seem to hate Chelsea more these days than Man u and Everton as witnessed by the game last week.
    Paper Talk
    Everton were thwarted in a late attempt to sign Donny van de Beek on loan from Manchester United after they were told the Netherlands international remains part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's plans.

Chelsea defender Malang Sarr has been left in transfer limbo after seeing his deadline day move to Greuther Furth collapse in the final hours.

Mason Greenwood was on the scoresheet as a Manchester United XI lost 4-3 to Stoke City in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Old Trafford on Wednesday.

Eden Hazard has hit out at claims he 'is always injured' as he says he is determined to prove his worth to Real Madrid this season.

Saul Niguez has opened up on how Diego Simeone's refusal to play him in his correct position at Atletico Madrid led to him joining Chelsea on loan.

Donny van Beek is banking on Manchester United honouring a "clear agreement" to give him more playing time this season after the club refused to entertain a loan move, according to the Netherlands midfielder's agent.

Almost a third of English Football League players have not been vaccinated against coronavirus and have no plans to get jabbed, research laying bare the lack of take-up within football has found.

Manchester United will reportedly receive just £5 from each of Cristiano Ronaldo's shirt sales following his return to the club.

Arsenal chief executive Vinai Venkatesham has sent an email to all the club's staff in which he called for everyone to bounce back after a 'hugely disappointing start' to the season.

Chelsea made around £38m in profit this summer despite spending a club-record £97.5m on Romelu Lukaku.

Martin Odegaard is not a fan of Arsenal's All or Nothing documentary as he admits he cannot be himself in front of the cameras.

9nf83vy.png
    Gameweek winners:
    League table standings

Thank you @Torgeirtrap I dedicate winning this GW in our Mini league to our fellow FPL Manager @barryt007

A nice gesture, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

________

How did Fernandes play last night? Watched parts of the Norway-Netherlands game myself, so I didn't see any of Portugal-Republic of Ireland.

Arsenal chief executive Vinai Venkatesham has sent an email to all the club's staff in which he called for everyone to bounce back after a 'hugely disappointing start' to the season.

Question is, will they bounce back?
    edited September 2021 Posts: 2,354

9nf83vy.png
    Gameweek winners:
    League table standings

________

How did Fernandes play last night? Watched parts of the Norway-Netherlands game myself, so I didn't see any of Portugal-Republic of Ireland.

Arsenal should have signed Saint-Maximin and Adama Traoré imo.
    Highly skilled proven players.
    What do you think ?

9nf83vy.png
    Gameweek winners:
    League table standings

________

Arsenal should have signed Saint-Maximin and Adama Traoré imo.
    Highly skilled proven players.
    What do you think ?

Their end product can be a bit inconsistent, but they're so, so fun to watch! I think fans would have been very positive to any of them signing.
    Ronaldo debut confirmed... vs Newcastle, Ronny is suspended for Portugal so already back in Manchester as his international duty has been cut short and isolating.

Also Ronny has been given the 7 shirt from Cavani, Cavani takes the 21 shirt (which is his Uruguay shirt number)

CR7 <:-P the best United Number 7 since last time he was Number 7 :))
    Ronaldo debut confirmed... vs Newcastle, Ronny is suspended for Portugal so already back in Manchester as his international duty has been cut short and isolating.

Also Ronny has been given the 7 shirt from Cavani, Cavani takes the 21 shirt (which is his Uruguay shirt number)

Are you happy about CR007's return ? I can't tell for sure......... :))
    Bruno out, CR007 in. :)>-
    Do you think he's better than george best ? ^:)^

Best was a genius though Ronny is better.

I am extremely happy, its going to be emotional seeing him return for United. I remember his first game when we signed him he was raw talent back then though destroyed teams at will.

He is a different player now, though he as converted himself into a World Class number 9, greatest number 9 in history.

I am extremely happy, its going to be emotional seeing him return for United. I remember his first game when we signed him he was raw talent back then though destroyed teams at will.

He is a different player now, though he as converted himself into a World Class number 9, greatest number 9 in history.

Seems like only yesterday he was playing for manu. Time flies......
    How many times have you seen him play live ?

Seems like only yesterday he was playing for manu. Time flies......
    How many times have you seen him play live ?
    I have never seen Ronaldo live, in the New Year I will look to change that. I am 50 in a few years I stopped going to live football games decades ago, life gets in the way, plus I don't live close to Manchester.

Its remarkable how humble Ronaldo is.
    ---
    I have not looked at my team in over a week, time is ticking FPL is back!!!

Welcome Home CR7