The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    gHeZKt1.png
    The team I eventually went with, I was changing things at the last minute lol I will just wing it otherwise i will tie myself in knots with the rules etc.

That's a really strong team! Didn't find a way to squeeze in many premiums myself, but at least we got more chances to change our teams a bit than in FPL, having two transfers for each matchday.

My team ended up like this:

Lukaku - Griezmann - Depay
    Sané - Zieliński - Berardi
    Bonucci - Mæhle - Kjær - Denayer
    Hradecky
    (Bachmann - Jota - P. Torres - Négo)

Good side, I was reluctant to get many group of death players in though I expect Portugal to do well against Hungary. I had Kane then remembered how poor we are in first games of Euro's. I will likely hit my wildcard in Matchday 2.

Indeed, picking players from that group is a bit risky. Expect I will hit the wildcard button early too, but I might try and keep it just a little longer than Matchday 2.
    Berardi shot deflected into Turkey net own goal, will he get an assist... He does great stuff he is my captain currently.
    Get in more points Spinazzola assist, Imobile goal.

Berardi off injured, Italy have looked very good, I had them as potential winners with Mancini's pedigree as a club manager. Turkey looked very poor though.

Good second half by Italy, though as you mention, Turkey were poor.

In hindsight I wish I had found a spot for Immobile or Insigne too, but I wanted to cover quite a few teams. TV2 and NRK - the channels that share the Euro rights here in Norway, launched their own Euro Fantasy game which sticks closer to the regular FPL rules. I'm in a league in that game too, and made sure to pick Immobile and Insigne there – as well as Donnarumma.

Bonucci and Insigne were in my final draft, though soon as I saw the starting line up and Berardi and Spinazzola were starting I switched which allowed me to free funds to put both Ronaldo and Bruno in my squad.

I think Italy will be good value in the group stages certainly playing at home.

That might prove a good decision in the end. Had no way of fitting Ronaldo and Bruno in my team, which is one of the main weaknesses of the team I ended up with. I will of course keep an eye on both, and should they score big in the first matchday already, I will have to consider how to get them in.
    The fun part of the game begins, Captain choices... Stick or Twist?

I have changed my Captain for todays games, though no substitutes used which was a no brainer.

Yes! Sticking or twisting with the captains is probably the thing I like the most about the Euro Fantasy game. Keeping the armband on Berardi was an option, but I decided to chase the upside and placing the armband on Lukaku for today's game against Russia. I think Russia might be a tricky opponent, but Lukaku has been in great form this season.

I put the armband on Lukaku also with Depay and Ronaldo stand out choices for captaincy later on in my team. Not sure what to expect from Russia.

Yes, I have Depay as an option for the armband too, should Lukaku not deliver against Russia. Don't know what to expect from Russia, but they do have some decent players, like Artjom Dziuba and Aleksandr Golovin.

A lot has been said of Belgium and this being the last chance for this generation, I will be watching there aging defence and not sure what the situation is with KDB. Lukaku will still get service though there midfield is decent.
    gHeZKt1.png
    The team I eventually went with, I was changing things at the last minute lol I will just wing it otherwise i will tie myself in knots with the rules etc.

That's a really strong team! Didn't find a way to squeeze in many premiums myself, but at least we got more chances to change our teams a bit than in FPL, having two transfers for each matchday.

Hradecky

Good side, I was reluctant to get many group of death players in though I expect Portugal to do well against Hungary. I had Kane then remembered how poor we are in first games of Euro's. I will likely hit my wildcard in Matchday 2.

Indeed, picking players from that group is a bit risky. Expect I will hit the wildcard button early too, but I might try and keep it just a little longer than Matchday 2.
    Berardi shot deflected into Turkey net own goal, will he get an assist... He does great stuff he is my captain currently.

Berardi off injured, Italy have looked very good, I had them as potential winners with Mancini's pedigree as a club manager. Turkey looked very poor though.

In hindsight I wish I had found a spot for Immobile or Insigne too, but I wanted to cover quite a few teams. TV2 and NRK - the channels that share the Euro rights here in Norway, launched their own Euro Fantasy game which sticks closer to the regular FPL rules. I'm in a league in that game too, and made sure to pick Immobile and Insigne there – as well as Donnarumma.

Bonucci and Insigne were in my final draft, though soon as I saw the starting line up and Berardi and Spinazzola were starting I switched which allowed me to free funds to put both Ronaldo and Bruno in my squad.

That might prove a good decision in the end. Had no way of fitting Ronaldo and Bruno in my team, which is one of the main weaknesses of the team I ended up with. I will of course keep an eye on both, and should they score big in the first matchday already, I will have to consider how to get them in.

I have changed my Captain for todays games, though no substitutes used which was a no brainer.

Yes! Sticking or twisting with the captains is probably the thing I like the most about the Euro Fantasy game. Keeping the armband on Berardi was an option, but I decided to chase the upside and placing the armband on Lukaku for today's game against Russia. I think Russia might be a tricky opponent, but Lukaku has been in great form this season.

I put the armband on Lukaku also with Depay and Ronaldo stand out choices for captaincy later on in my team. Not sure what to expect from Russia.

Yes, I have Depay as an option for the armband too, should Lukaku not deliver against Russia. Don't know what to expect from Russia, but they do have some decent players, like Artjom Dziuba and Aleksandr Golovin.

A lot has been said of Belgium and this being the last chance for this generation, I will be watching there aging defence and not sure what the situation is with KDB. Lukaku will still get service though there midfield is decent.

Belgium is one of the teams to watch, for sure. This generation of Belgium players could go all the way, though it might be their last chance, as pointed out by many. My money is on France to win the tournament.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,354
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

Belgium is one of the teams to watch, for sure. This generation of Belgium players could go all the way, though it might be their last chance, as pointed out by many. My money is on France to win the tournament.

There were reports of unrest in the France camp, they are notorious for imploding though the quality they have they really should win this.

England on paper should do well, Southgate needs to get his team selection right and our CB's are the major concern for me.

England team that should start against Croatia...
    Pickford

Walker Stones Coady Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Foden Mount Grealish

Kane
    After watching Wales v Switzerland (1 - 1), Italy should make light work of this group.

Bale has lost is pace.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,284
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

There were reports of unrest in the France camp, they are notorious for imploding though the quality they have they really should win this.

England on paper should do well, Southgate needs to get his team selection right and our CB's are the major concern for me.

Pickford

Walker Stones Coady Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Foden Mount Grealish

Kane

It was Mbappé that acted up, wasn't it? I imagine they should be able to win this, even though there might be tensions in the camp. Deschamps isn't short of options in that squad.

Indeed, England should do well. Can't think of any England squads this strong. They should reach far, that's for sure! Can't see anyone I would change in that starting eleven. As an Arsenal fan, I'm of course curious how Saka fits into that squad, and how much playing time he'll get – if much game time at all.
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

Pickford

Walker Stones Coady Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Foden Mount Grealish

Kane

It was Mbappé that acted up, wasn't it? I imagine they should be able to win this, even though there might be tensions in the camp. Deschamps isn't short of options in that squad.

Indeed, England should do well. Can't think of any England squads this strong. They should reach far, that's for sure! Can't see anyone I would change in that starting eleven. As an Arsenal fan, I'm of course curious how Saka fits into that squad, and how much playing time he'll get – if much game time at all.

Southgate will end up going ultra safe.

Need Pukki to stay quiet in this game I have 2 Danish defenders. Denmark looking decent early on, as lot more pace in this game than the Wales game, the heat was probably a factor.
    Oh dear Eriksson looks in a bad way.

God hope he is OK.

Think he had a heart attack.
    gHeZKt1.png

Hradecky

Pickford

Walker Stones Coady Shaw

Rice Bellingham

Foden Mount Grealish

Kane

Southgate will end up going ultra safe.

Need Pukki to stay quiet in this game I have 2 Danish defenders. Denmark looking decent early on, as lot more pace in this game than the Wales game, the heat was probably a factor.

Same here, double Denmark defence. I think Denmark can do well in this tournament.
    Oh dear Eriksson looks in a bad way.

God hope he is OK.

Oh my, this is just horrible to watch. Incredible that the TV production keeps showing images…
    God this is terrible.
    Just rewound the footage, he was running and you just saw everything drain from him as he fell.
    Just rewound the footage, he was running and you just saw everything drain from him as he fell.

Horrible, just horrible. Haven't seen anything from what happened, but I don't want to either…
    Game called off, my heart is racing just hope he pulls through.

The responce team were so quick, pray he makes it.
    Game called off, my heart is racing just hope he pulls through.

Indeed, we can only hope for the best. This is some of the scariest things I've seen in football.
    Talksport have reported a still image of him on stretcher with hand on his head on twitter, hope it's legit.
    Talksport have reported a still image of him on stretcher with hand on his head on twitter, hope it's legit.

Reported elsewhere as well. Looks like he's awake and breathing. Hope we get more news soon.
    Just seen the image.

Reports saying he has left stadium in stable condition.
    The cameras stayed on the incident too long, credit to Danish players surrounding him and his dignity.
    Just seen the image.

Phew, that's positive. We can only hope he pulls through alright from this. Just heard on the news that there will be a report 19:45 re. his condition.
    The cameras stayed on the incident too long, credit to Danish players surrounding him and his dignity.

The fact that they needed to do it in the first place is worrying. They should have just cut the broadcast. Seeing them standing there is an image I won't forget.
    Just seen the image.

Phew, that's positive. We can only hope he pulls through alright from this. Just heard on the news that there will be a report 19:45 re. his condition.

The fact that they needed to do it in the first place is worrying. They should have just cut the broadcast. Seeing them standing there is an image I won't forget.

It was surreal I did not initially know what was going on, it's only when I saw his eyes I thought this is not good. They should have stopped filming as soon as it was obvious what was happening.
    I will be surprised if tonight's game goes ahead. There is discussion as to whether the Euro's should continue.

Official statement made by Denmark Eriksson is awake and stable undergoing tests in hospital.
    Just seen the image.

It was surreal I did not initially know what was going on, it's only when I saw his eyes I thought this is not good. They should have stopped filming as soon as it was obvious what was happening.

Indeed. They don't show a leg break for example, so why show this?

Heard the same report from the Danish national team some minutes ago. Continuing the game now would be a massive ask for the players, and I'll be shocked if we hear that they do go on. This game must surely be easy to reschedule for a later date.
    Belgium team announced surprisingly.

Should suggest that they continue with the next match. Guess we'll know more very soon.

Should suggest that they continue with the next match. Guess we'll know more very soon.

UEFA emergency meeting shortly, Football seems meaningless. Some of his club team mates will be in games tonight.

UEFA emergency meeting shortly, Football seems meaningless. Some of his club team mates will be in games tonight.

Very true.

Some positive reports re. his condition:

Erikssons dad spoke to his agent, he can speak and is awake.
    Great news, I think everyone is still on shock.
    Great news, I think everyone is still on shock.

Indeed. Haven't calmed down yet myself.

Lovely stadium scenes from Parken. Finnish fans shouting "Christian", and the Danish fans responding with "Eriksen".

Wow Denmark Finland resuming shortly
    Wow Denmark Finland resuming shortly

Really hope that this is something the teams themselves want and have agreed to do, at least, without any pressure from UEFA.