The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited February 2021 Posts: 17,288
    Ben Mee not in the match day squad great, points lost there I bet.

Gundagon apparently not ready according to Pep in Manchester Evening news, though with Pep you never know. I really need Dias back now.

Really wish I had picked Lowton over Mee. Could have saved some cash as well.

I think Pep ruled Gündogan out, so I'd be surprised if he plays. At least he delivered in the first game.

I too need Dias back. If he misses out, I'm relying on Calvert-Lewin to deliver against City.

I am hoping Fulham score now to soften the blow of losing Mee.

And they did…

102 points in the end, though if only those injurys did not occur may have had a really good point total. I can't believe I am made no ground up again, a very small green arrow.

102 points is a very good score indeed, as you ended up as the gameweek 24 winner! Congratulations! =D>

CUIkhwY.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme

Been a bit busy today and will be tomorrow as well, so I'll do a league table standings writeup after next gameweek finishes.

Debating whether to bother getting another Leeds player in or/and a Southampton attacker for the next Double GW.

From Leeds Dallas is a transfer I can do.

Hm, that's a tricky decision. There's a huge upside covering any of the two teams, but it depends if you fancy the players you want to do well in those fixtures. Dallas for example, do you expect he will get a clean sheet in the double?

Dallas clean sheets unlikely though has assist potential in either game and scores the odd goal, because iof upcoming fixtures sold Shaw and got Dallas in.

That's true, and a good enough reason to bring him in. Shaw has a double gameweek coming up too, and I'm a bit tempted to bring him in.
    Not sure what to do this GW, considering benching City players.

Edited: I bottled dropping Dias and Ederson at the last minute.

Think you made a good decision there. I think with City's current form, the Arsenal game won't be a challenge. If there hadn't been a double gameweek, I would have been tempted to captain Gündogan or Cancelo.

GW26 Double GW
    WvfLp1q.png

GW27 Double GW
    U99Wbc6.png

GW29 Blank GW
    qxaQW1p.png

Thankfully my team is already overflowing with players with Double games in GW26.

That blank GW29 is going to be a problem for many.

I'm 2-3 transfers away from a decent gameweek 26 team, I think. I was tempted to get Son this gameweek, but decided to save the transfer instead, so that I can do a -4 or -8 if needed.

Gameweek 29 will be very challenging to plan for. I think I will try and get as many players as I can for those games, then play the wildcard soon after. A bit difficult to plan that far ahead though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The rearranged fixtures released after this GW deadline, I would have kept Shaw if I had seen them before. Though I can get Shaw back in, though will wait until games been played.

Already regretting Captaining Bamford, Leeds are so unpredictable.
    The rearranged fixtures released after this GW deadline, I would have kept Shaw if I had seen them before. Though I can get Shaw back in, though will wait until games been played.

Already regretting Captaining Bamford, Leeds are so unpredictable.

I had doubts captaining him or Raphinha, who I also considered, just because Leeds are so unpredictable. But with two games, it was too tempting not to captain a Leeds player.
    _________

A bit late as I wasn’t home last night, but here are the gameweek 25 captaincy picks!
    Bamford: 7
    Son: 2
    Salah: 2
    Fernandes: 2
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Raphinha: 1
    Gündogan: 1

In a gameweek where Leeds and Southampton have two fixtures each, it’s no surprise to see Bamford topping the captaincy list. Salah, Son and Fernandes are the only other players captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,359
    DCL on the bench for Everton, I was in two minds to start DCL or Watkins I went for DCL as I thought against this Liverpool side he had a good chance against there defence.

Clean sheet from Mee though he got a Yellow card in the 93 minute gr.
    DCL on the bench for Everton, I was in two minds to start DCL or Watkins I went for DCL as I thought against this Liverpool side he had a good chance against there defence.

Clean sheet from Mee though he got a Yellow card in the 93 minute gr.

I have Calvert-Lewin first on the bench, but as we don't know yet if Gündogan plays, he might come on from the bench.

Annoying about that Mee yellow. Wonder if he was any close to bonus points?
    I checked Mee was not in the running for bonus so softens the blow.

Hopefully DCL will score of the bench.

Really wish I had gone for Lowton over Mee, looking at how the last three games have turned out. Can't complain about two clean sheets though.

Given Liverpool's form, anything might happen!

Really wish I had gone for Lowton over Mee, looking at how the last three games have turned out. Can't complain about two clean sheets though.

Now Tarkovski is back I was thinking of bringing him in, against most teams at home Burnley defence is good.
    Everton scored in first 3 minutes... Richarlison goal, James assist.

Now Tarkovski is back I was thinking of bringing him in, against most teams at home Burnley defence is good.

Indeed, and Tarkowski is probably the best option right now in the Burnley defence, and Lowton as he's cheap.

Lovely goal that. Don't think I'll consider Liverpool defenders unless we see signs of improvement.

Indeed, and Tarkowski is probably the best option right now in the Burnley defence, and Lowton as he's cheap.

Lovely goal that. Don't think I'll consider Liverpool defenders unless we see signs of improvement.

I was just wondering what the ownership on the likes of Robertson and TAA is now, surely most managers jumped off them some time ago.
    Kabak looking a bit error prone though it is windy.

Henderson off injured, it gets worse for Liverpool at the Kabak.

Everton go close... get DCL on he will have a field day
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited February 2021 Posts: 2,353
    I don't know why Liverpool loaned out Minamino when they need goals ???
    DCL wins penalty...
    Sigurson scores, Liverpool not lost this many games in a row at home since the 1920's

Everton win at Anfield 2 - 0, Liverpool are now in full blown crisis. Time to sell Salah?

I was just wondering what the ownership on the likes of Robertson and TAA is now, surely most managers jumped off them some time ago.

16.5% and 14.3% respectively, but it can't be many inside the top 10k, 100k or maybe even top 1m that owns either of them. Must be a while since the ownership was that low!
    Sigurson scores, Liverpool not lost this many games in a row at home since the 1920's

Everton win at Anfield 2 - 0, Liverpool are now in full blown crisis. Time to sell Salah?

I'm considering if I can do Salah to another double gameweek player, but it will likely be for a hit…
    Only just learnt that Klopp has recently lost his mother.

I may hang onto Salah for one more GW as I need to get another twice playing defender in and already having 3 City players the obvious swap of Salah to KDB or Sterling is not on. Though if Gudagon remains sidelined that may force a transfer.
    Only just learnt that Klopp has recently lost his mother.

I may hang onto Salah for one more GW as I need to get another twice playing defender in and already having 3 City players the obvious swap of Salah to KDB or Sterling is not on. Though if Gudagon remains sidelined that may force a transfer.

Yes, he's had some challenging weeks in more than one way.

I might end up doing the same. It all depends on the injury situation going into next gameweek, and being a bit flexible when it comes to transfer planning.
    Arsenal in danger of being ripped apart by City. Sterling goal, Mahrez assist.

Really bad GW for me, thankfully Gudagon started as Grealish was injured, need a clean sheet from City to have a bad score lol
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 17,288

Really bad GW for me, thankfully Gudagon started as Grealish was injured, need a clean sheet from City to have a bad score lol

I think it's inevitable Arsenal will be ripped apart in this game. A bit surprised they're still only one goal behind.

It would be tempting to put money on City getting a clean sheet, looking at how the two teams have played so far!

I think it's inevitable Arsenal will be ripped apart in this game. A bit surprised they're still only one goal behind.

It would be tempting to put money on City getting a clean sheet, looking at how the two teams have played so far!

Before the game I was always worried Arsenal could nick a goal, that's why I was going to bench my City defenders as it turns out Cresswell did nothing though Areola on my bench would have given me 6 points, so I was wise to stick with City defenders... so far.

Grealish has a Leg injury according to FPL, means I am going to have to wait to see if he will be ok for the Double GW (he has 2 fixtures) It puts my Defender plans on hold need to get rid of Dallas as only plays once, or bring someone else in and Bench Dallas.

Gundagon really does take up some great positions and his running off the ball is better than a lot of strikers in the Premier League.

This game has just died, no sense of urgency at all.

Small green arrow at present surprisingly, need Bruno and Rashford to get me some goals.

United playing bad though winning 3 - 1 currently, Bruno and Rashford saving my GW with Goals and Assists each.

Before the game I was always worried Arsenal could nick a goal, that's why I was going to bench my City defenders as it turns out Cresswell did nothing though Areola on my bench would have given me 6 points, so I was wise to stick with City defenders... so far.

Grealish has a Leg injury according to FPL, means I am going to have to wait to see if he will be ok for the Double GW (he has 2 fixtures) It puts my Defender plans on hold need to get rid of Dallas as only plays once, or bring someone else in and Bench Dallas.

Gundagon really does take up some great positions and his running off the ball is better than a lot of strikers in the Premier League.

Small green arrow at present surprisingly, need Bruno and Rashford to get me some goals.

United playing bad though winning 3 - 1 currently, Bruno and Rashford saving my GW with Goals and Assists each.

I'm surprised City didn't score another in this game. Both teams looked knackered throughout the second half. If just looking at the score, this wasn't a bad game for Arsenal, because you'd expect it to go much worse.

Looks like I'm on a slight green arrow too. Fernandes scoring didn't really help, as he's so highly owned (and captained).

I had Grealish on my list of potential gameweek 26 transfers. If we don't hear any confirmation that he'll be available for both games, I have to consider other transfers instead. I'm also wondering if I need any Sp*rs coverage for next gameweek, but there's no easy way of getting Kane, Son or both.

I'm surprised City didn't score another in this game. Both teams looked knackered throughout the second half. If just looking at the score, this wasn't a bad game for Arsenal, because you'd expect it to go much worse.

Looks like I'm on a slight green arrow too. Fernandes scoring didn't really help, as he's so highly owned (and captained).

I had Grealish on my list of potential gameweek 26 transfers. If we don't hear any confirmation that he'll be available for both games, I have to consider other transfers instead. I'm also wondering if I need any Sp*rs coverage for next gameweek, but there's no easy way of getting Kane, Son or both.

Grealish has gone from 75% to 50% chance of playing, not looking good I was thinking of going to Madison though he is also flagged.

Spurs I am in no rush to get in on current form, there free flowing attacking from early season has evaporated. Jose has reverted to default park the bus mode.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 2,353
    The 3 leeds players will hopefully start and get some extra points tomorrow.
    I have Bamford (c) and Dallas so hoping for some goals, you never know what to expect from Leeds so hit and miss.

Controversy
    Reminds me of this song.

Grealish has gone from 75% to 50% chance of playing, not looking good I was thinking of going to Madison though he is also flagged.

Spurs I am in no rush to get in on current form, there free flowing attacking from early season has evaporated. Jose has reverted to default park the bus mode.

Grealish and Maddison both flagged certainly affects the pool of players to pick from in that price bracket. Both were on my watchlist, and my transfer plans are now a bit up in the air at the moment.

Decent fixtures for Sp*rs though, so ignoring them might backfire.

Controversy

Last season there were team leaks, now the game itself is an issue! :))
    Nice goals by the leeds trio.
    Nice goals by the leeds trio.

Indeed, Leeds looked really sharp yesterday!