The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Unbelievable DCL scores in the last minute 3 - 3 forget the title shocking defending costing us.

Damn, why didn't I play Calvert-Lewin!

I have just bought him, sold Wilson. Got DCL for the Double GW.

Good move now that Wilson is injured. Many who don't own him already, will be bringing in Calvert-Lewin now.

Thankfully I had 1 Million in the bank, wanted to get DCL earlier though Wilson was doing ok.

£9.6 In the bank for me and have to replace Wilson (Hamstring) and Soucek (Suspended until 27 Feb) Maybe vardy and kane ?

Hopefully we beat manc today (a bit of tension between the managers) which makes it even more interesting.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 17,291
    Vardy and Kane (if they're both fit) could be interesting players to own going forward. Fortunately there are a lot of cheaper options available too.
    Vardy and Kane (if they're both fit) could be interesting players to own going forward. Fortunately there are a lot of cheaper options available too.

Sure there are plenty of cheaper options available.
    Kane's back already which is no surprise as the sp*rs need him so badly.

Sure there are plenty of cheaper options available.
    Kane's back already which is no surprise as the sp*rs need him so badly.

Kane back already certainly changes the situation. Will be interesting to see how potential double gameweeks will be for Sp*rs.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gudagan missed penalty though scores early in the second half, mixed feelings if City win as thats the league over I think if they do, though clean sheet good for FPL.

Justin delivers again for me in a low scoring GW. 9 points (24 points in two GW's)

Those 15 points on my bench are hurting though, especially Cresswell's 9 points.
    Gudagan missed penalty though scores early in the second half, mixed feelings if City win as thats the league over I think if they do, though clean sheet good for FPL.

Justin delivers again for me in a low scoring GW. 9 points (24 points in two GW's)

Those 15 points on my bench are hurting though, especially Cresswell's 9 points.

Really wish I owned Justin, I just haven't had the transfers available to get him. My upcoming transfers will be double gameweek depending, so I don't know if I will be able to get him anytime soon.

Really frustrated by that Gündogan miss; several of my money league rivals benched him.

The 12 Calvert-Lewin points could have been so beneficial had I played him over Mee, but I fancied Burnley to deliver more so than Everton…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2021 Posts: 23,369
    Gundogan (realized I keep misspelling his name lol) has 7 points currently on Livefpl so not bad will go to 8 in a minute.

I agree with some that Liverpool have just burnt themselves out after three seasons arguably of high intense football, they used to sweep teams aside at will, plus there midfield has aged.

Penalty Salah brought down by Dias gr.
    Salah has... Scored! come on Liverpool I need you to beat City now need more Salah goals.

Gundogan gets second goal wow! Liverpool in a mess at the back.

3 - 1 City tearing Liverpool apart now. Sterling goal, Silva assist.

4 - 1 Foden cracker.
    Agree. re Liverpool looking tired. I wonder if it's a temporary thing given many games and as you point out, an ageing midfield – or if it's signs of a decline. I think Klopp was linked with the Germany job at some point. Maybe that will eventually become his destination?

Phew, Gündogan helping me out a bit now with his two goals. Salah scoring however, keeps this gameweek from being a good one (even though I own and played him).
    Agree. re Liverpool looking tired. I wonder if it's a temporary thing given many games and as you point out, an ageing midfield – or if it's signs of a decline. I think Klopp was linked with the Germany job at some point. Maybe that will eventually become his destination?

Phew, Gündogan helping me out a bit now with his two goals. Salah scoring however, keeps this gameweek from being a good one (even though I own and played him).

Yeah many would have Captained Salah. I am all out for 66 currently if nothing changes, if I had brought in Areola and Cresswell would have been 79 I am kicking myself, small Green Arrow though the Leeds game will change that.

Yeah many would have Captained Salah. I am all out for 66 currently if nothing changes, if I had brought in Areola and Cresswell would have been 79 I am kicking myself, small Green Arrow though the Leeds game will change that.

55 here (bonus points depending), with Raphinha, Bamford and Dallas left. Really depending on Leeds tomorrow to keep up in mini leagues and overall rankings.
    I wonder how long Liverpool can keep hold of Mane and Salah, last summer both were linked with Spanish sides.
    I wonder how long Liverpool can keep hold of Mane and Salah, last summer both were linked with Spanish sides.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind too given Liverpool's current form. Won't be surprised if one or both will be approached by other clubs.

Yes, that thought has crossed my mind too given Liverpool's current form. Won't be surprised if one or both will be approached by other clubs.

I wont be doing it now or the next few weeks though if Liverpool show no signs of improvement going to have to sell Salah, though he is the most likely to score to be fair.

I was totally wrong about City, I thought they were in decline though credit to Pep he has reinvented them.

I wont be doing it now or the next few weeks though if Liverpool show no signs of improvement going to have to sell Salah, though he is the most likely to score to be fair.

I was totally wrong about City, I thought they were in decline though credit to Pep he has reinvented them.

Yes, he is. On the other hand it's the question of value too. If players half his price are just as likely to score, why hang on to a player that limits the amount of cash that can be spent elsewhere? I'm not in a position to sell him just yet, but I do have the wildcard to play, and I'm seriously thinking about drafts without any Liverpool assets.

I still don't feel City are "there" yet, though they have certainly managed to pick up form. I think Gündogan and Foden being in such form has really helped them attacking wise in De Bruyne's absence. De Bruyne and Agüero being out is probably what keeps them from being at their absolute best.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 2,354
    Jurgen Klopp says top four is now Liverpool's 'main target' and suggests Alisson's errors in 4-1 defeat to Man City could be down to cold feet

"I don't know, it's not a real explanation for it but maybe he had cold feet or something. It sounds funny but could be. :-O

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12211497/jurgen-klopp-says-top-four-is-now-liverpools-main-target-and-suggests-alissons-errors-in-4-1-defeat-to-man-city-could-be-down-to-cold-feet
    Jurgen Klopp says top four is now Liverpool's 'main target' and suggests Alisson's errors in 4-1 defeat to Man City could be down to cold feet

"I don't know, it's not a real explanation for it but maybe he had cold feet or something. It sounds funny but could be. :-O

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12211497/jurgen-klopp-says-top-four-is-now-liverpools-main-target-and-suggests-alissons-errors-in-4-1-defeat-to-man-city-could-be-down-to-cold-feet

Cold feet? Managers sometimes give strange explanations on player performances, but this is certainly one of the stranger ones!
    The fact City can get better is slightly concerning.

What is interesting this season is to see which Teams benefit from there crowds the most at home, I think Liverpool and Man United fall into that category. Certainly the home form of Liverpool points in that direction. United shipping 6 to Spurs at home would not have happened any other year.

City its just business as usual as there is never much atmosphere at the Etihad lol

The sooner crowds return the better, they play such an important part in the game.

I am wondering will we get any kind of crowd during the Euro's assuming they still go ahead.
    Leeds winning and I have potentially 24 points on my bench, that's the most I have had on a bench very painfull.
    Leeds winning and I have potentially 24 points on my bench, that's the most I have had on a bench very painfull.

I had Gündogan on my bench.

City should be aiming to win the CL as they have won the title many times with different managers in recent years ?

I had Gündogan on my bench.

City should be aiming to win the CL as they have won the title many times with different managers in recent years ?

City have a good chance to win the lot, hopefully they wont lol
    We've just finished the last gameweek before we get some really interesting double gameweeks. The average gameweek score of 58 points this gameweek is quite high, but we managed many good scores. Best of all was Dinamo Skruknott with 80 points and a gameweek score of 594 667.

fmL6LJx.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 80 - TOT 1418
    2. Team Extreme: GW 66 - TOT 1399
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 61 - TOT 1365
    4. Liverpool Richmond: GW 39 - TOT 1342
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 71 - TOT 1342
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 75 - TOT 1328
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 69 - TOT 1301
    8. Honesty FC: GW 68 - TOT 1275
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 75 - TOT 1218
    10. False 9 FC: GW 51 - TOT 1190
    11. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 55 - TOT 1188
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 72 - TOT 1170
    13. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 37 - TOT 1148
    14. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 42 - TOT 1136
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 43 - TOT 1122
    16. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 56 - TOT 1091
    17. Anfield FC: GW 56 - TOT 1015
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 33 - TOT 986
    ________

We get a break until Saturday, which means we will get some days to figure out on transfers and double gameweek strategies. So keep an eye out on any team news in the upcoming days!
    Congratulations Dinamo Skruknott

---

I am going to relax (try to) and watch United in the F.A. Cup tonight hopefully will tighten up that dodgy defense lol

---

I am going to relax (try to) and watch United in the F.A. Cup tonight hopefully will tighten up that dodgy defense lol

It will be interesting to see how the FA Cup results will impact the double gameweeks. Expect some fixtures will rely on the results.

---

It will be interesting to see how the FA Cup results will impact the double gameweeks. Expect some fixtures will rely on the results.

Bruno, Shaw and Cavani rested, West Ham camped in there half, United getting close to scoring.

---

Bruno, Shaw and Cavani rested, West Ham camped in there half, United getting close to scoring.

Didn't watch the game, but was a bit surprised that there were no goals before extra time. How was the game?

---

Didn't watch the game, but was a bit surprised that there were no goals before extra time. How was the game?

You probably heard by now it was a dull game, though a win is a win.

Bad news regarding DCL who I brought in (I should have waited) yellow flagged with Hamstring injury.

I have four players yellow flagged including Dias and Justin, not good going into the double GW.

---

Bad news regarding DCL who I brought in (I should have waited) yellow flagged with Hamstring injury.

I have four players yellow flagged including Dias and Justin, not good going into the double GW.

Indeed it is.

Only two players for me (Dias and Calvert-Lewin), but it was the last thing I needed when planning for double gameweeks. I had a plan that would allow me to save the wildcard longer, but it looks like that plan went out the window. Of course, with no news it's just just a matter of wait and see before making any further decisions.

---

Indeed it is.

Only two players for me (Dias and Calvert-Lewin), but it was the last thing I needed when planning for double gameweeks. I had a plan that would allow me to save the wildcard longer, but it looks like that plan went out the window. Of course, with no news it's just just a matter of wait and see before making any further decisions.

With only four teams doubling I may just ignore it and stick with what I have got, pointless taking hits.

---

Indeed it is.

With only four teams doubling I may just ignore it and stick with what I have got, pointless taking hits.

There will be more double gameweeks, so it's just a matter of targeting the gameweeks, teams and players you think will bring in the points during this period. I've been looking at bringing in players from the teams that are likely to get multiple doubles, but I'm down two transfers if Dias and Calvert-Lewin are both out. Not ideal.