The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

Just got in from work, I will get an OK score considering 3 players who usually get points did not play in the last two days.

24 points from Kane I was right to stick with him instead of Agüero

Damn that Kane! Still sticking with Aubameyang; he could have scored twice today if not for De Gea.

Missed the game due to work watching Match of the Day now, Chelsea losing again I see.

Wolves has had a bad few games now, so that win must have felt great for them. Of course I benched both Doherty and Jiménez – only getting the former off the bench, as Robertson didn't play tonight.

I'll only get two extra points from the bench with three of my first team not playing, you are right about being tactical with bench. United game not been on yet, was it a good game.

That's not much to get from the bench, but the important thing is to have a playing bench. We need to expect more rotation this month, and before you know it a massive points haul comes on from the bench!
    Crikey talk about dodgy defending all round in the United v Arsenal game.

Yeah. Unfortunately for us Arsenal fans, the two goals were more or less gifted to United (and interestingly the same thing happened at the other end of the pitch as well).

The only positive I can take from that was Jose playing Baily and Dalot and the youngsters up front, our season is a right off in the league so I want to see young faster players in the starting line up. Fellaini should get a retrospective ban for the hair pull hopefully

Interesting that playing the youngsters works. Might save the season (and the job) for Mou. That Fellaini pull was nasty. Andre Marriner had clear view it looked like, but I wouldn't expect anything else from him. He's not on "Mike Dean level" though.

Jose will leave its just a matter of when, he will play the slow coaches in the next game for sure. The refereeing is quite poor of late

Will be interesting to see the starting eleven for Mou going forward. The young guys have certainly made a case for starting.

The refereeing is quite bad. There's soft penalties, red cards, yellow cards etc. than never should have been given. Can't wait for VAR!

There is more rumblings today that Pogba wants out and other players contracts have not been sorted including De Gea, Herrera, Mata and Martial (thankfully the Board have activated a one year extention on Martial), the board has to get rid of Jose to ensure we keep these players. United are a joke at the moment

Agree VAR is a must with the calamity refereeing

Wow, that's a lot of contracts to sort out! Arsenal have traditionally been late with contract extensions and renewals, so it's almost refreshing to see that this is the case at other clubs too. I wonder if things are as bad at United as the media present it. If so, then the United board will have to make many decisions going forward.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just got in from work, I will get an OK score considering 3 players who usually get points did not play in the last two days.

Damn that Kane! Still sticking with Aubameyang; he could have scored twice today if not for De Gea.

Missed the game due to work watching Match of the Day now, Chelsea losing again I see.

Wolves has had a bad few games now, so that win must have felt great for them. Of course I benched both Doherty and Jiménez – only getting the former off the bench, as Robertson didn't play tonight.

I'll only get two extra points from the bench with three of my first team not playing, you are right about being tactical with bench. United game not been on yet, was it a good game.

That's not much to get from the bench, but the important thing is to have a playing bench. We need to expect more rotation this month, and before you know it a massive points haul comes on from the bench!

Yeah. Unfortunately for us Arsenal fans, the two goals were more or less gifted to United (and interestingly the same thing happened at the other end of the pitch as well).

The only positive I can take from that was Jose playing Baily and Dalot and the youngsters up front, our season is a right off in the league so I want to see young faster players in the starting line up. Fellaini should get a retrospective ban for the hair pull hopefully

Interesting that playing the youngsters works. Might save the season (and the job) for Mou. That Fellaini pull was nasty. Andre Marriner had clear view it looked like, but I wouldn't expect anything else from him. He's not on "Mike Dean level" though.

Jose will leave its just a matter of when, he will play the slow coaches in the next game for sure. The refereeing is quite poor of late

Will be interesting to see the starting eleven for Mou going forward. The young guys have certainly made a case for starting.

The refereeing is quite bad. There's soft penalties, red cards, yellow cards etc. than never should have been given. Can't wait for VAR!

There is more rumblings today that Pogba wants out and other players contracts have not been sorted including De Gea, Herrera, Mata and Martial (thankfully the Board have activated a one year extention on Martial), the board has to get rid of Jose to ensure we keep these players. United are a joke at the moment

Wow, that's a lot of contracts to sort out! Arsenal have traditionally been late with contract extensions and renewals, so it's almost refreshing to see that this is the case at other clubs too. I wonder if things are as bad at United as the media present it. If so, then the United board will have to make many decisions going forward.

Things are worse than what the media presents, its the Jose Chelsea situation again from a few seasons back. I can see United freefalling further Jose has lost most of the team, it appears that the Board are waiting until CL exit and Top Four is out of reach as that will mean they don't have to pay as much to get rid of Jose. I suspect the likes of Martial are stalling on contract until Jose is gone.

Things are worse than what the media presents, its the Jose Chelsea situation again from a few seasons back. I can see United freefalling further Jose has lost most of the team, it appears that the Board are waiting until CL exit and Top Four is out of reach as that will mean they don't have to pay as much to get rid of Jose. I suspect the likes of Martial are stalling on contract until Jose is gone.

If it's like that, then it might be they wait until a potential CL exit – but would that be smart? Time will tell.
    Joe Gomez is out of action for at least 6 weeks,he fractured his leg.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Joe Gomez is out of action for at least 6 weeks,he fractured his leg.

Bad news for Liverpool that. From an FPL perspective that might mean less rotation for Roberson, TAA etc – and possibly a return for Clyne?
    Out of the Liverpool defence I have TAA and Van Dijk,so it doesn't affect me greatly....feel for the lad though.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,291
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Out of the Liverpool defence I have TAA and Van Dijk,so it doesn't affect me greatly....feel for the lad though.

He's been having injuries before, hasn't he?
    TAA and van Dijk are good option for the busy month we're in. TAA might miss the occasional match, but a decent bench will sort that out. van Dijk looks to be playing ever match these days.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Sh!t!
    He's been my goto man for getting points recently.
    With Mane on the bench, I hope Salah and Aubameyang deliver for me.
    Benny wrote: »

Sh!t!
    He's been my goto man for getting points recently.
    With Mane on the bench, I hope Salah and Aubameyang deliver for me.

No doubt! It's been difficult not having a spot for him in my team. Won't be surprised if he only misses this one game though, as there's no PL round midweek.
    For some reason the individual team pages wont load, so I'll get back to the captaincy picks when I can.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I captained Aubameyang @Torgeirtrap! And I have Wilson in my team, I feel like Tom Hanks in Cast Away now! :))
    I captained Aubameyang @Torgeirtrap! And I have Wilson in my team, I feel like Tom Hanks in Cast Away now! :))

Haha! Like you and @Benny I also hope Aubameyang deliver (for non-FPL reasons too of course!). I also have the armband on Pierre-Emerick.

Finally the site is up. The captaincy picks for gameweek 16 are:
    Aubameyang: 7
    Lacazette: 1
    Salah: 1
    Kane: 1
    Richarlison: 1
    Salah just scored his first goal of the game, but clearly offside. @TheWizardOfIce must be smiling right now!
    And another one! Not good for us non-owners.
    Hat trick from Salah, but Cook scores and own goal. -2
    Still better start than last week.
    Benny wrote: »
    Hat trick from Salah, but Cook scores and own goal. -2
    Still better start than last week.

Salah did little when I owned him. Since getting rid, a hattrick, three bonus points and an assist…

Will need a massive overhaul of the team to fit him in again. Wonder if it's worth it?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Anderson is delivering again, making up for Wilson absence

Wish I'd make that transfer too!
    Not owning Salah this gameweek is a real rank killer. That's his second massive haul in 16 gameweeks, with some decent scores in other GWs. He's a difficult one, Salah. You could really benefit from having him in your team, but he eats up a big part of you budget.

I'm undecided what to do next. Lacazette was subbed after 45 mins. Wonder if it was a tactical move or not? I really want to keep him alongside Aubameyang for the fixtures, but this might put doubts if he's a genuine FPL option. Too early to tell, of course.

Might need to consider a hit for Kane or Salah just to keep getting decent scores, but I'm also feeling for a punt on a more balanced team – hoping that it might pay off.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,369

Not owning Salah this gameweek is a real rank killer. That's his second massive haul in 16 gameweeks, with some decent scores in other GWs. He's a difficult one, Salah. You could really benefit from having him in your team, but he eats up a big part of you budget.

I'm undecided what to do next. Lacazette was subbed after 45 mins. Wonder if it was a tactical move or not? I really want to keep him alongside Aubameyang for the fixtures, but this might put doubts if he's a genuine FPL option. Too early to tell, of course.

Might need to consider a hit for Kane or Salah just to keep getting decent scores, but I'm also feeling for a punt on a more balanced team – hoping that it might pay off.

I brought in Sterling and Sane I expect them to deliver points over the next few weeks (not sure if they will today, though surely one of them will score) Kane has good fixtures also. I am glad I dumped Pogba and Martial though kicking myself as was close to getting Rashford in though was not convinced Jose would start him. Picking United players is like Russian Roulette.

I brought in Sterling and Sane I expect them to deliver points over the next few weeks (not sure if they will today, though surely one of them will score) also Kane has good fixtures also. I am glad I dumped Pogba and Martial though kicking myself as was close to getting Rashford in though was not convinced Jose would start him. Picking United players is like Russian Roulette.

It really is like Russian roulette to pick the United players. It's difficult enough with the City rotation, IMO. Worried about my Lacazette punt to now, as I mentioned - so I'll need to keep an eye on news over the next days.

Martial may be back and doing well soon though, so he might be one to consider for the Christmas period, if fit.

I brought in Sterling and Sane I expect them to deliver points over the next few weeks (not sure if they will today, though surely one of them will score) also Kane has good fixtures also. I am glad I dumped Pogba and Martial though kicking myself as was close to getting Rashford in though was not convinced Jose would start him. Picking United players is like Russian Roulette.

It really is like Russian roulette to pick the United players. It's difficult enough with the City rotation, IMO. Worried about my Lacazette punt to now, as I mentioned - so I'll need to keep an eye on news over the next days.

Martial may be back and doing well soon though, so he might be one to consider for the Christmas period, if fit.

Sane has a good return for minutes played so if I need to get rid of Sterling to bring someone else in I have that option. I have a feeling based on nothing lol that Kane is going to hit top form over Christmas. I think I need to get rid of Mitrović or put him on the bench. My bench players got 9 points today though one will come in fir Wilson.
    Get in Kante!
    Another good pick. 49 points for the week. Not unhappy with that.
    I picked the wrong day to bring in Sane

Though overjoyed if City lose
    Well well well Hazard has turned with assists 2 - 0 to Chelsea
    The only consolation I can take from the Chelsea win is that Chelsea did not concede which earned Alonso 6 points, thankfully I will get some bonus points from Anderson in a bad week so far. I need Kane and Richarlison to score a few to bail me out

Sane has a good return for minutes played so if I need to get rid of Sterling to bring someone else in I have that option. I have a feeling based on nothing lol that Kane is going to hit top form over Christmas. I think I need to get rid of Mitrović or put him on the bench. My bench players got 9 points today though one will come in fir Wilson.

It's difficult this. Sané taken off tonight, so I'm really unsure about the rotation there. Will have to find a way to bring in Sterling – but who knows when he'll get benched again? Mitrovic will be a good option going forward I think; heard only today that he's more involved now with Ranieri in charge. Might become a nice differential in the game.
    The only consolation I can take from the Chelsea win is that Chelsea did not concede which earned Alonso 6 points, thankfully I will get some bonus points from Anderson in a bad week so far. I need Kane and Richarlison to score a few to bail me out

What a strange gameweek. Took out Alonso for a hit to fund Lacazette, who only got that one point. Would have got more just by saving a transfer and benching the injured Arnautovic…
    I think some of the players brought in will deliver though just a dud week, I did not expect City to lose today though glad they did, I would hate for them to go the whole season unbeaten, though the other side of the coin is I don't want Liverpool winning the league.
    I think some of the players brought in will deliver though just a dud week, I did not expect City to lose today though glad they did, I would hate for them to go the whole season unbeaten, though the other side of the coin is I don't want Liverpool winning the league.

The struggles of us on-Liverpool/City fans! Depending on Lacazette, I might hold a transfer for next gameweek. Really difficult to pick a captain for GW 17 though, as Kane would be an obvious option, IMO. Might go differential with Son, Hazard or Aubameyang – Sané even.
    Kane on the bench

Its difficult with fixture congestion as many players are going to have an off game, one thing I wont do is take a hit over Christmas. I am going to let my Free Transfers build up over the next two games