The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

This gameweek certainly didn't go well!

Worst score week for me so far though I expected it, I am sticking with the players I have for next game though Martial and Pogba are close to the exit door the week after as United are bloody awful.

United have southampton up next, so I'd definitely hold them both for one more week (depending on midweek games of course).

Double Wolves defence (if only to free up some cash) backfired terribly for me. Might need to reconsider that move quickly.

United have a few decent fixtures coming up though I am very much Jose out still, and usually when Martial has a bad game he is benched for about half a season lol

I brought Pickford in this week which paid off, my previous keepers were giving no points. I am looking forward to the Christmas period with congested games, I want to have at least two free transfers heading into that period.

I am moving away from Wolves and Watford players, both sides are Jekyll and Hyde with there performances.

I think Fulham may have a few weeks of gaining a few points with the Tinker Man now in charge.

Martial certainly is a difficult player from a FPL perspective. No way of knowing what Mou might do when it comes to benching players! Considered Digne over Vinagre, but decided to wait on that move. Shouldn't have done that.

Fulham have plenty of budget options. If Ranieri makes them a better side, a cheap attacking midfielder, striker – or even defender might be an option going forward. A wait and see perhaps.

I also almost brought in Digne though opted for his team mate in goal, I wish I had gone for a 4 5 1 early on and flooded the midfield with quality.

At least you tapped into that Everton clean sheet! Struggling a bit to find the optimal formation with the team; forwards seems like an on-and-off thing for the premium ones, while the midfield has plenty to offer. Will be a week of thinking leading up to the next deadline, I think!
    Glad there is a midweek game by next sat I can adjust it with two free transfers, on the fence with Hazard in midfield he vanishes for periods, Salah has to come in over Xmas period.

Two transfers is a great advantage now that the likes of Agüero and Hazard didn't deliver. It gives you the possibility to play around a bit (if looking at options), without necessary needing to take hits.

I'm on the fence about both - and Salah actually (points vs. price in the game more than anything). Might need to take a gamble by the weekend; don't like to do so, but it's difficult improving the overall rank with the current squad. Don't want to take a hit though, as I did that before this GW.

I think Salah will deliver against tired teams over Christmas, though price is an issue I have stuck with Kane all season not cheap

Balancing which premium players to include in the team is very difficult. Having both Salah and Kane - the most expensive players in the game – is difficult to achieve without sacrificing elsewhere. Do you drop Hazard, for example? Agüero? Sterling? Mané? Ideally three of these should at least be considered, but it's damn difficult to build a team around these players!

I got my fixtures mixed up just realised it CL games midweek...

True what you say its better to have several players around Richarlisons price range, plus its easier to swap those types of players. If it was Kane of last year I would be laughing to the bank, he was hitting Hatricks for fun last season.

I'd definitely hold any transfers until after the midweek games. Injuries can happen.

The tricky thing is finding mid-priced to low-priced players delivering decent scores. It only seem to happen now and then, and not consistently (Wilson an exception). Haven't seen many Sp*rs matches (for obvious reasons), but Kane has - from what I've read, looked out of form for quite some time. World Cup hangover probably.

Just watching an FPL channel on YouTube, thinking of taking a hit and bringing Sane and Sterling in they have some easy home games coming up.

I'm thinking along those lines myself, but will only have room for one of them with Ederson in goal and Agüero filling one striker spot. Taking Agüero out for one of them is a posibility, but perhaps a bit sideways.
    Gameweek 13 update! With an average of 50 points, this turned out to be quite a high-scoring gameweek – for many teams in our league too! Team LVLA Skopje 05 was the highest scoring team, with 71 points and a GW rank of 349,652. Well played!
    1. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 71 - TOT: 773
    2. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 36 - TOT: 766
    3. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 50 - TOT: 743
    4. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 40 - TOT: 694
    5. We Need Help - GW: 41 - TOT: 678
    6. Mexico Power - GW: 66 - TOT: 672
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 42 - TOT: 646
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 59 - TOT: 636
    9. Kloppites - GW: 58 - TOT: 606
    10. alisson wonderland - GW: 58 - TOT: 606
    11. Octobenny - GW: 38 - TOT: 601
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,293
    Here's the captaincy picks for gameweek 14! Lot of faith in Agüero this week, followed by two captaincy's for Salah and Mané. In-demand Sterling makes one captaincy, as does Hazard who's got a nice fixture on paper against Fulham.
    Agüero: 5
    Salah: 2
    Mané: 2
    Sterling: 1
    Hazard: 1
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Sorry for those with Aguero as Captain:

City XI | Ederson, Danilo, Laporte, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Fernandinho (C), Gundogan, Bernardo, Sane, Sterling, Jesus

Subs | Muric, Walker, Kompany, Delph, Silva, Mahrez, Foden.

City XI | Ederson, Danilo, Laporte, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Fernandinho (C), Gundogan, Bernardo, Sane, Sterling, Jesus

Just saw the news. Didn't notice I hadn't put the vice-captain on Sané before after the deadline. Must hope for a low-scoring game for City (as if that happens today!), and Hazard to find form for the Chelsea fixture tomorrow (which is more unlikely given his injury).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Just saw the news. Didn't notice I hadn't put the vice-captain on Sané before after the deadline. Must hope for a low-scoring game for City (as if that happens today!), and Hazard to find form for the Chelsea fixture tomorrow (which is more unlikely given his injury).

I forgot to check my team yesterday, oh well.

Richarlison might become a differential captain against Liverpool.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

One of my Benched players has got 10 points, alas they are third to come on.

Martial not starting I see. If he doesn't play at all, and one more of your players doesn't play this gameweek, you'll get the ten points.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,375

Martial not starting I see. If he doesn't play at all, and one more of your players doesn't play this gameweek, you'll get the ten points.

Major changes to my team coming up, just saw the line up Jose is a joke need to get rid that line up is appalling.

Major changes to my team coming up, just saw the line up Jose is a joke need to get rid that line up is appalling.

Looking at the lineup, I just can't make up why he didn't play Martial there. Might be something we don't know (small knock or something), but he's such an in-form player now – for a team which certainly isn't.

Looking at the lineup, I just can't make up why he didn't play Martial there. Might be something we don't know (small knock or something), but he's such an in-form player now – for a team which certainly isn't.

I have swapped Martial for Sterling, Jose is playing games with the club.

Wish I could make that straight swap myself. (Unfortunately) I went with Sané instead (why I don't know – a hunch maybe), and need to take a hit to bring in Sterling.

Wish I could make that straight swap myself. (Unfortunately) I went with Sané instead (why I don't know – a hunch maybe), and need to take a hit to bring in Sterling.

I sacrificed Aguero which may backfire, I am tempted to bring Sane in for Pogba I'll wait till after midweek

I sacrificed Aguero which may backfire, I am tempted to bring Sane in for Pogba I'll wait till after midweek

Agüero looks to make way for me too. Doing so, he'll no doubt turn up next fixture and score big!

Agüero looks to make way for me too. Doing so, he'll no doubt turn up next fixture and score big!

Yeah a Hatrick I bet lol I am still backing Kane, hopefully he will get a few in the London Derby
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Torgeirtrap Hazard is in Starting XI!

DtaBnB-XgAAwC45.jpg

Yeah a Hatrick I bet lol I am still backing Kane, hopefully he will get a few in the London Derby

Tempting to get Kane, but it all depends on my other transfers. Might go with one of the Arsenal strikers instead.

… and I certainly hope Kane stays quiet today!!
    @Torgeirtrap Hazard is in Starting XI!

DtaBnB-XgAAwC45.jpg

Phew! Was worried he might start on the bench, coming on after 60 mins or something.
    Gameweek 14 update! Another gameweek finished, and this was a difficult one for many of us, with Agüero not playing. I sometimes don't think much about who I'll choose as vice captain, but this week (and this period of the season) showed that this can be an important thing to get right. Team Flitwick Flyers – best in our league this round –finished the gameweek with a total of 68 points and an GW rank of 398,902. The Bench Boost delivered a Wan-Bissaka clean sheet, and almost a Pickford clean sheet too -but his mistake late in the game against Liverpool gave Origi the opportunity to put the ball in the net. Even more unlucky that neither Özil or Agüero played!
    1. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 58 - TOT: 824
    2. b]LVLA Skopje 05[/b] - GW: 42 - TOT: 815
    3. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 57 - TOT: 800
    4. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 45 - TOT: 739
    5. We Need Help - GW: 54 - TOT: 732
    6. Mexico Power - GW: 56 - TOT: 724
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 68 - TOT: 714
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 47 - TOT: 683
    9. Kloppites - GW: 58 - TOT: 664
    10. alisson wonderland - GW: 46 - TOT: 652
    11. Octobenny - GW: 41 - TOT: 642

There's a midweek round this week, so remember to get your teams ready by the 18:45 deadline tomorrow!
    I made two free transfers this week, I also want to bring Sane in though not prepared to take a hit after a couple of poor scoring weeks. Though tomorrow it will be Sane in Pogba out
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,293
    I made two free transfers this week, I also want to bring Sane in though not prepared to take a hit after a couple of poor scoring weeks. Though tomorrow it will be Sane in Pogba out

I think it's a difficult week to take hits – particularly with rotation risks. Still, I'm on the fence about taking a -4, but that would be a long-term move. If only the managers could be more clear about who'll play or not!

I think it's a difficult week to take hits – particularly with rotation risks. Still, I'm on the fence about taking a -4, but that would be a long-term move. If only the managers could be more clear about who'll play or not!

I got rid of Aguero looks like a good move I read he may not make Watford and Chelsea games though I have not checked for an update on that.

I got rid of Aguero looks like a good move I read he may not make Watford and Chelsea games though I have not checked for an update on that.

Hard to make out anything from Pep's comments, but I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the midweek fixture and plays against Chelsea. The Chelsea game will be important enough for City to field their best starting eleven, IMO. The City squad is impressive though, so you never know.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 19,339
    I need to get rid of Ozil and Aguero (Pep said he will use him sparingly as he is close to another injury) but only 1 transfer this week.
    I think Aguero out and Aub in.

Gutted re Pickford ,cost me a lot of points,but I have closed in on a few places now so cant complain.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I need to get rid of Ozil and Aguero (Pep said he will use him sparingly as he is close to another injury) but only 1 transfer this week.
    I think Aguero out and Aub in.

Gutted re Pickford ,cost me a lot of points,but I have closed in on a few places now so cant complain.

Aubameyang is in terrific form isn't he! Just hope he can keep it up for FPL and non-FPL reasons.

The GK spot is a difficult one. For me I'd categorize them like this:
    - the premium "set and forget" alternative, which will eat up much of your budget – but one that you'd expect to deliver against anyone. Partner this alternative with a 4.0 option.

- The mid-priced alternative, which will give you more to spend elsewhere, but at the same time you wouldn't be as confident in as the premium alternative. Partner this GK with a budget GK, or a 4.0 alternative to save cash.

- The budget GK. This is a popular option, as you have two possibilities; either partner the budget GK with another (playing) budget GK and rotate the two depending on difficulty of fixtures, or just go with a budget GK and partner him with a 4.0 one. That will give you more to spend elsewhere, but you wouldn't necessarily expect many returns from the GK spot.
    Damn right Torg,Aub is in fantastic form,what a player,Torreira as well !!

My main GK is Allison who I am very happy with atm.
    Pickford is usually reliable,he just made a boo-boo (albeit a bloody big one !! )
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Damn right Torg,Aub is in fantastic form,what a player,Torreira as well !!

My main GK is Allison who I am very happy with atm.
    Pickford is usually reliable,he just made a boo-boo (albeit a bloody big one !! )

You could always downgrade Pickford and shift funds into defence, midfield or up top!

Here's the captaincy picks for gameweek 15! Rotation is heavy already this gameweek, and we can see vice captain picks being vital. Interestingly there's a lot of different captain picks in our league this time around, with Aubameyang being the most popular option. Salah also an always popular go-to man - this gameweek no different.
    Aubameyang: 3
    Salah: 2
    Hazard: 1
    Sané: 1
    Mané: 1
    Kane: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Wilson: 1
    Whoever has Wilson as captain - great choice! Already 1 goal and 1 assist from him in opening 25 minutes versus Huddersfield.
    Whoever has Wilson as captain - great choice! Already 1 goal and 1 assist from him in opening 25 minutes versus Huddersfield.

That's a massive differential success right there, for team alisson wonderland!