The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Wow, that's some score! Doherty for Wolves played really good today apparently, and could have got a good score – which makes his two points feel like a bad return of points.

Considered getting Pereyra, but saved transfer instead. That decision might have backfired!

Still got Pogba, Martial and Aguero to play this weekend so hoping for a even better score, with Hazard potentially out I took a gamble with my free hit plus I heard rumours Lukaku is going to be rested.

I had Pererya myself and wish I had not kept Robertson should have swapped him for Mendy as he was benched.
    Wow, that's some score! Doherty for Wolves played really good today apparently, and could have got a good score – which makes his two points feel like a bad return of points.

Considered getting Pereyra, but saved transfer instead. That decision might have backfired!

Still got Pogba, Martial and Aguero to play this weekend so hoping for a even better score, with Hazard potentially out I took a gamble with my free hit plus I heard rumours Lukaku is going to be rested.

I had Pererya myself and wish I had not kept Robertson should have swapped him for Mendy as he was benched.

Good call re. Hazard. As far as reports on Twitter, etc., he's still a doubt. The Robertson benching came as a surprise. Would have been a great fixture for him.

So far, it's looking like a difficult gameweek; Many have Firmino and Alexander-Arnold as part of their Liverpool cover, City play Sp*rs, the Hazard doubt, and United not impressing lately (which could change this weekend, of course). I'm also a bit uncertain with Arsenal; if there's one fixture Zaha might enjoy, it'll be this one. Hope Arsenal can get another win!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,369
    I thought about bringing one of Arsena's front two in though I think it will be a tough game, I expect Palace to be up for the London Derby especially at home.

I thought I better back my team this weekend plus Everton record at Old Trafford is not the best, even if United mess up again I expect goals and Martial is likely to score on current form.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,291
    I thought about bringing one of Arsena's front two in though I think it will be a tough game, I expect Palace to be up for the London Derby especially at home.

I thought I better back my team this weekend plus Everton record at Old Trafford is not the best, even if United mess up again I expect goals and Martial is likely to score on current form.

Yeah, I think Palace see that Arsenal defence as an opportunity (unfortunately). Plus, Arsenal had the Thursday game, while Palace haven't played midweek.

Martial seems the best pick from United at the moment – as long as Mou doesn't bench him again. They don't seem like good pals, that's for sure. Have to play Richarlison against United myself. Transferred him in for a hit (bad idea in hindsight), and couldn't ship him out after only one week. Will see how he plays tomorrow, and then see if he's worth keeping or not.

Yeah, I think Palace see that Arsenal defence as an opportunity (unfortunately). Plus, Arsenal had the Thursday game, while Palace haven't played midweek.

Martial seems the best pick from United at the moment – as long as Mou doesn't bench him again. They don't seem like good pals, that's for sure. Have to play Richarlison against United myself. Transferred him in for a hit (bad idea in hindsight), and couldn't ship him out after only one week. Will see how he plays tomorrow, and then see if he's worth keeping or not.

Noticed a drop off with Richarlison since he has played up top, he is far more effective from wide. Richarlison is in my normal team so I'll have him back next week.

Noticed a drop off with Richarlison since he has played up top, he is far more effective from wide. Richarlison is in my normal team so I'll have him back next week.

The decision to play him up front as an out of position midfielder should be ideal for FPL, but he hasn't been effective, averaging less shots than when playing out wide. Wonder how Silva will play his team against United. Maybe we'll see Tosun returning to the starting eleven, with Richarlison changing back to his regular position?

The decision to play him up front as an out of position midfielder should be ideal for FPL, but he hasn't been effective, averaging less shots than when playing out wide. Wonder how Silva will play his team against United. Maybe we'll see Tosun returning to the starting eleven, with Richarlison changing back to his regular position?

United's defence is not great Everton should attack United, guaranteed we will be useless in the first half.

United's defence is not great Everton should attack United, guaranteed we will be useless in the first half.

It'll be an interesting fixture, that's for sure!
    Gameweek 10 update! GW 10 turned out to be a high scoring one, with an average of 58 points – and our league didn't perform bad at all! Best in our league was TEAM EXTREME, collecting a score of 89 points and a GW rank of 188,422 – after a very successful Free Hit round!
    1. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 78 - TOT: 608
    2. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 57 - TOT: 601
    3. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 72 - TOT: 583
    4. We Need Help - GW: 75 - TOT: 551
    5. Mexico Power - GW: 78 - TOT: 521
    6. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 89 - TOT: 516
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 60 - TOT: 484
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 76 - TOT: 480
    9. Octobenny - GW: 69 - TOT: 468
    10. alisson wonderland - GW: 66 - TOT: 453
    11. Kloppites - GW: 74 - TOT: 450

Next gameweek might be a difficult one – at least the captaincy pick. Is Hazard fit for the weekend, and will Agüero manage a good score before being taken off early? Will some differential picks be a better option? That's something to think about before the 12:30 deadline on Saturday.

I'm not the only one struggling with Mitrović it seems!

I want to get rid though brought two other players in one was for a hit. Mitrović will be gone from my side probably next week.

I want to get rid though brought two other players in one was for a hit. Mitrović will be gone from my side probably next week.

Yeah, I'm probably holding for this week anyway (not too bad a fixture for him either). Have other issues though, as I'm really unsure how to spend the two free transfers I currently have.
    I decided to bring in Pogba and Martial in for this week, away to Bournemouth I think both will deliver again. I was not convinced Hazard will be fully fit for the next game, I am starting to employ tactic of keeping money in the bank to make transfers easier. Its my first ever fantasy football season so still learning lol
    I decided to bring in Pogba and Martial in for this week, away to Bournemouth I think both will deliver again. I was not convinced Hazard will be fully fit for the next game, I am starting to employ tactic of keeping money in the bank to make transfers easier. Its my first ever fantasy football season so still learning lol

Both good options I think – especially Martial, if he's starting regularly. Haven't seen all the recent United games, but I guess there's more pace and attacking flow with him on the pitch?

Having some funds in the bank might be a good thing, but it's worth having as much as possible spent on the starting eleven – while having a decent bench. If you can manage both while having funds for upgrades, then you're in a good position. I have Salah in my team, and that effectively rules out that possibility!

Both good options I think – especially Martial, if he's starting regularly. Haven't seen all the recent United games, but I guess there's more pace and attacking flow with him on the pitch?

Having some funds in the bank might be a good thing, but it's worth having as much as possible spent on the starting eleven – while having a decent bench. If you can manage both while having funds for upgrades, then you're in a good position. I have Salah in my team, and that effectively rules out that possibility!

I see Arsenal have drawn Spurs in the QF of Carabao Cup.

Yeah probably good advice though my bench is pretty weak been lucky with injuries so far.

Yeah probably good advice though my bench is pretty weak been lucky with injuries so far.

Yeah, don't know how I feel about that draw. Hope Sp*rs don't pick up form going forward!

This GW was a crazy round for many, with a few highly owned players missing out. Some teams only fielded about 9-10 players. I think a playing bench is more important going forward, with rotation no doubt coming up for players in the top teams (because of CL games, for example). Fixtures also turn for some teams now, so there's budget options available in every position on the pitch. Getting a few of those players can be a good idea.

Yeah, don't know how I feel about that draw. Hope Sp*rs don't pick up form going forward!

This GW was a crazy round for many, with a few highly owned players missing out. Some teams only fielded about 9-10 players. I think a playing bench is more important going forward, with rotation no doubt coming up for players in the top teams (because of CL games, for example). Fixtures also turn for some teams now, so there's budget options available in every position on the pitch. Getting a few of those players can be a good idea.

There are some players I won't select based on being rotated, I am only selecting Martial as right now I think Jose has no option but to pick him.

The Derby should be a good game, don't you always beat Spurs at home?

There are some players I won't select based on being rotated, I am only selecting Martial as right now I think Jose has no option but to pick him.

Yeah, it would be strange for Mou to drop Martial now!
    I can't remember the stats for Arsenal at home against Sp*rs, but stats and form goes out the window in derbies. I hope Unai manages to sort out the defensive errors a bit more before the two teams face each other.

I can't remember the stats for Arsenal at home against Sp*rs, but stats and form goes out the window in derbies. I hope Unai manages to sort out the defensive errors a bit more before the two teams face each other.

With Arsenal scoring relatively freely it should be a derby full of goals, I know it's Spurs best start though I am not convinced by them I think not recruiting in the summer was a mistake.

With Arsenal scoring relatively freely it should be a derby full of goals, I know it's Spurs best start though I am not convinced by them I think not recruiting in the summer was a mistake.

They haven't looked as good as the league table score suggests (same goes for Arsenal too, of course). Arsenal have scored more goals, but at the same time Sp*rs have conceded less. I really wonder what type of match this will be.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,291
    Forgot to do the captaincy picks yesterday! Here's the list for GW 11:
    Mané: II
    Salah: III
    Agüero: IIII
    Hazard: I
    Richarlison: I

Team LVLA Skopje 05 is off to an incredible start of the GW with Richarlison delivering 15 points (30 with the armband), and a score of 55 points with several players to go! Liverpool assets failed to deliver (luckily I'd say, being an Arsenal fan!), and several of us will be looking at Agüero and Hazard to reward us for captaining them. Will be an interesting afternoon of football this!
    Forgot to do the GW 11 update – here it is! Great GW for TEAM EXTREME with 75 impressive points, and a GW rank of 419,696!
    1. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 64 - TOT: 672
    2. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 65 - TOT: 666
    3. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 63 - TOT: 646
    4. We Need Help - GW: 45 - TOT: 596
    5. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 75 - TOT: 587
    6. Mexico Power - GW: 51 - TOT: 572
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 63 - TOT: 547
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 38 - TOT: 518
    9. Octobenny - GW: 45 - TOT: 509
    10. alisson wonderland - GW: 48 - TOT: 501
    11. Kloppites - GW: 40 - TOT: 486
    Here's the captaincy picks for gameweek 12. Six teams hoping for Liverpool assets to deliver good scores, while Agüero, Sterling and Pogba are the picks for the Manchester derby tomorrow. Cheeky differential captain by team Oh Na Na What’s Mané, giving the armband to Aubameyang!
    Salah: 3
    Mané: 3
    Agüero: 2
    Sterling: 1
    Pogba: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,369
    Have low hopes this weekend though got a few more points than I expected already, gutted that I had Samba on the bench as that's 8 points dropped. I forgot to tweak my team as was at work so not happy I have Pogba as Captain, assuming he shakes of the knock he has I hope he can have a great game tomorrow.
    Have low hopes this weekend though got a few more points than I expected already, gutted that I had Samba on the bench as that's 8 points dropped. I forgot to tweak my team as was at work so not happy I have Pogba as Captain, assuming he shakes of the knock he has I hope he can have a great game tomorrow.

Been there! I actually forgot to do the captain pick only a few gameweeks ago (can't remember which GW), but it was one of the GW's I captained Salah – in which he returned some points anyway. Felipe Anderson and Holebas will give you an above average score for this GW so far, though!
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,369

Been there! I actually forgot to do the captain pick only a few gameweeks ago (can't remember which GW), but it was one of the GW's I captained Salah – in which he returned some points anyway. Felipe Anderson and Holebas will give you an above average score for this GW so far, though!

I picked Felipe after seeing his outstanding performance last week I had a hunch he would be the star man today, I think his price will steadily increase he looks a player. I hope Kane finds his shooting boots tonight I have hung onto him for majority of the season and he is not cheap.
    Meant Bamba not Samba lol
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,291

I picked Felipe after seeing his outstanding performance last week I had a hunch he would be the star man today, I think his price will steadily increase he looks a player. I hope Kane finds his shooting boots tonight I have hung onto him for majority of the season and he is not cheap.

I've been looking at Anderson too – his a great pick, IMO, but will need to drop one of my top defenders to get him in. Might be an option going forward though, as fixtures will turn for certain teams.

I hope Kane blanks of course – for non-FPL reasons ;-)
    Meant Bamba not Samba lol

Haha! Would definitely be doing the samba if starting him, and he delivered. You might just be lucky enough to get his points though, as Richarlison and Pogba might not be fit for their games.
    Interesting will they let me bring him in if a player is not playing from starting line up?

Going to let a few transfers accumulate as want to bring in Salah or Hazard for Kane in a few weeks, other than Aguero the top strikers are not delivering. I may get more points with a good five man midfield.