The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Despite residing at the bottom of the fantasy league, I'm quite happy with a respectable 53 points so far this week.
    Had the opportunity to get Kane for a hit but decided against it. He only scores big when he's not in my team! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Benny wrote: »
    Despite residing at the bottom of the fantasy league, I'm quite happy with a respectable 53 points so far this week.

@Torgeirtrap keeps reminding me there is a long way to go, a few good weeks points wise can change things dramatically, in recent weeks I have been in free fall.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,291

Plenty of time to climb on the table!

@Torgeirtrap keeps reminding me there is a long way to go, a few good weeks points wise can change things dramatically, in recent weeks I have been in free fall.

Free fall can turn into serious point hauls! A good score in a low-scoring gameweek overall can turn things around.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,291
    Gameweek update! Yet another round of games sees team Octobenny score impressive 71 points, and a GW rank of 383,698 – well done! Next game week sees Liverpool play Man City – making this another difficult round of games to predict. Remember that this gameweek starts Friday at 20:00 (UK time), so be sure to have your player selections and transfers done in time!
    1. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 52 - TOT: 420
    2. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 59 - TOT: 419
    3. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 51 - TOT: 411
    4. We Need Help - GW: 56 - TOT: 369
    5. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 46 - TOT: 345
    6. Mexico Power - GW: 35 - TOT: 344
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 50 - TOT: 333
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 58 - TOT: 328
    9. Octobenny - GW: 71 - TOT: 315
    10. Kloppites - GW: 49 - TOT: 301
    11. alisson wonderland - GW: 41 - TOT: 296

Question: if you have any suggestions for the thread, let me know! The gameweek updates don't go into detail for example, so I guess there's room for improvement.

I've been thinking of adding a comment each gameweek covering the captaincy picks of everyone in the league, just so we can easily see how different or similarly we're thinking every round. Thoughts?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,369
    Decided to let my free transfers build so I'll have two come the international break, I need to see if any change in management will take place at MU, that will determine if I keep Pogba and Lukaku. I'll revert back to Kane as captain this week.
    Decided to let my free transfers build so I'll have two come the international break, I need to see if any change in management will take place at MU, that will determine if I keep Pogba and Lukaku. I'll revert back to Kane as captain this week.

Looks like a smart move. Two free transfers after the international break gives you the opportunity to deal with injuries without having to think of hits (unless doing more than two transfers, of course).

Undecided what to do this gameweek myself. Don't expect many points for my team this week, so I might need to make a transfer on Friday.

Looks like a smart move. Two free transfers after the international break gives you the opportunity to deal with injuries without having to think of hits (unless doing more than two transfers, of course).

Undecided what to do this gameweek myself. Don't expect many points for my team this week, so I might need to make a transfer on Friday.

Alot of players who are hit and miss have been miss for a few weeks now, I realise I played my Wildcard way too soon.

Alot of players who are hit and miss have been miss for a few weeks now, I realise I played my Wildcard way too soon.

It's difficult to predict of course, but several players have not played as expected. Salah the obvious one for many. Struggling to decide what to do with him now. Decent fixtures coming up after City, but he looks out of form.

Wish I had held on to my wildcard a couple more weeks too. It took a couple gameweeks before it payed off, and that would have given me the opportunity to consider other players. Luckily there's many more gameweeks to go!
    Here's the captaincy update I mentioned earlier – just to keep track of the different captaincy choices in the league each week:
    Gameweek 8 captains
    Kane: 4
    Hazard: 3
    Agüero: 1
    Salah: 1
    Mané: 1
    Lacazette: 1

Kane didn't deliver; will the other captaincy picks?
    Kane is stuttering. I am hanging on to him as hoping he will hit form soon. I think some players are still suffering a WC hangover.
    Kane is stuttering. I am hanging on to him as hoping he will hit form soon. I think some players are still suffering a WC hangover.

Kane annoys me. I brought him in last minute for this fixture only, and all he delivers is a yellow card! :))
    Poor points total for me again today
    Poor points total for me again today

Not the best gameweek here either, with captaincy fail. Will be hiding behind the couch tomorrow, as I can see Hazard getting plenty of points against Southampton.
    Hopefully Agüero will get a few against Liverpool
    Hopefully Agüero will get a few against Liverpool

I certainly hope not!!! :))
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I was thinking I’d had a terrible week with 19, then saw the average was 18.
    Looks like it’s a quiet week all around.
    I was thinking I’d had a terrible week with 19, then saw the average was 18.
    Looks like it’s a quiet week all around.

It has been so far. The fixtures that's left (and their results) will have a huge impact on the average score this week. Expect Liverpool-City to be quite a match, and Chelsea to be very dangerous against Southampton.
    We have a Lacazette (c) in our league this gameweek! Good pick!
    Gameweek 8 update! We've finished another gameweek, and team LVLA Skopje 05 enters the international break with yet another week ahead in our league with a gamweek score of 72, and a GW rank of 449,910! Impressive!
    1. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 72 - TOT: 492
    2. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 65 - TOT: 484
    3. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 62 - TOT: 473
    4. We Need Help - GW: 59 - TOT: 428
    5. Mexico Power - GW: 64 - TOT: 408
    6. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 39 - TOT: 384
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 44 - TOT: 377
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 27 - TOT: 355
    9. Octobenny - GW: 35 - TOT: 350
    10. alisson wonderland - GW: 54 - TOT: 346
    11. Kloppites - GW: 36 - TOT: 333

The international break gives us the opportunity to make plans for our teams going forward, and some of us may even have some transfers in mind. As always with international breaks, there will be the risk of players getting injured while playing for their national sides, so have that in mind – and try to avoid hits during this period (if it's not necessary).
    One hour until the deadline, people! Have your teams ready :-)
    Made two transfers, not confident going into the Chelsea game.
    Made two transfers, not confident going into the Chelsea game.

Did the same thing, taking a -4 hit. Didn't want to do it, but it will hopefully make future transfers easier.

Captaincy picks for gameweek 9. Some differentials in our league this week!
    Salah: 1
    Hazard: 2
    Agüero: 5
    Kane: 1
    Sigurdsson: 1
    Lacazette: 1
    Gameweek 9 update! The first gameweek after the internationals ends up being a low scoring one, with captaincy picks like Hazard, Kane and Lacazette failing to deliver points (Lacazette could have scored twice, it has to be mentioned). Team LVLA Skopje 05 in top of our league had the highest GW score of 52 points and a GW Rank of 1,237,064 – nine points above average. Let's hope for a more exciting gameweek this weekend!
    1. LVLA Skopje 05 - GW: 52 - TOT: 544
    2. Dinamo Skruknott - GW: 50 - TOT: 530
    3. Oh Na Na What’s Mané - GW: 38 - TOT: 511
    4. We Need Help - GW: 48 - TOT: 476
    5. Mexico Power - GW: 35 - TOT: 443
    6. TEAM EXTREME - GW: 43 - TOT: 427
    7. Flitwick Flyers - GW: 47 - TOT: 424
    8. The Wizard Rises - GW: 49 - TOT: 404
    9. Octobenny - GW: 49 - TOT: 399
    10. alisson wonderland - GW: 41 - TOT: 387
    11. Kloppites - GW: 43 - TOT: 376
    Remember the 14:00 (UK time) deadline, people! :-)

Captaincy picks for gameweek 10. Exciting match for many of us coming up in 18 minutes, re. captaincy picks!
    Salah: 4
    Mané: 3
    Agüero: 2
    Hazard: 1
    Firmino: 1
    Captaincy picks for gameweek 10. Exciting match for many of us coming up in 18 minutes, re. captaincy picks!
    Salah: 4
    Mané: 3
    Agüero: 2
    Hazard: 1
    Firmino: 1

A good day for those who chose Salah, I used my free hit to try to make up ground.
    Wow, that's some score! Doherty for Wolves played really good today apparently, and could have got a good score – which makes his two points feel like a bad return of points.

Considered getting Pereyra, but saved transfer instead. That decision might have backfired!