The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited June 2020 Posts: 17,283
    Vardy my Captain blanked and Bergwijn did not feature :)) Disaster

I guess Holgate has the potential of getting some points against Norwich though! If I had Vardy in my team, I would be tempted to put the armband on him too. Ended up captaining Fernandes in the end.

Vardy at home to Brighton in normal circumstances I would expect something, though we are in unprecedented circumstances, the rest if the season will be luck for most, you just can't predict what will happen. Glad Leicester lost though top four is on for a few teams, though United must win tonight no matter what.

I think we will see some surprising results in the remaining gameweeks. It will be interesting to see how it will affect the race for the top four/six.

Dam Bergwijn came on very late so that's 1 pointless point lol Red arrow looming

Ouch!
    Martial has scored the first hattrick for Man United in the Premier League since Van Persie in 2013.

Would be happy if Fernandes could get a goal, but no, he blanked of course…
    United played well, in good form for the run in based on that.

Looking good for United now.

Looking at the upcoming fixtures, I really fear for Arsenal. Plenty of injuries, and every fixture looks tricky. I don't think they will even manage top ten.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ole brought off the main men all at once to keep them fresh, our midfield looked great and it can get sharper. United need to go all out now with the attacking power and hunt down Leicester, plus we have them last game of the season.
    Ole brought off the main men all at once to keep them fresh, our midfield looked great and it can get sharper. United need to go all out now with the attacking power and hunt down Leicester, plus we have them last game of the season.

Leicester didn't look particularly impressive in the last match, so there's a good opportunity that teams behind them can get past them on the table (should Leicester continue playing like that).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2020 Posts: 23,353

Leicester didn't look particularly impressive in the last match, so there's a good opportunity that teams behind them can get past them on the table (should Leicester continue playing like that).

Getting Vardy in was a mistake, I think Leicester were starting to look burnt out before the break. Pogba and Rashford will be fresh for United missing most of the season which is an added bonus.

Liverpool game I need a Van Dijk goal and a clean sheet [-O<
    Zaha off with injury already
    TAA goal who is in my normal team though not in my Free Hit team :-S
    ~X(

Getting Vardy in was a mistake, I think Leicester were starting to look burnt out before the break. Pogba and Rashford will be fresh for United missing most of the season which is an added bonus.

I imagine Leicester might get a few clean sheets through, so I'd be looking at some defenders if considering bringing in Leicester assets.

van Dijk with the assist though!

I imagine Leicester might get a few clean sheets through, so I'd be looking at some defenders if considering bringing in Leicester assets.

Really, oh I will take that assist. Watching game on PC so occasionally glancing at monitor.

Really, oh I will take that assist. Watching game on PC so occasionally glancing at monitor.

Don't know what to hope for in this game really. Salah will be highly owned still, and many might have captained him. Same with TAA, but he won't be captained by that many.
    Salah goal! my Treble defence will be a small consolation if they keep a clean sheet. i will take 50 points now
    As things stand...

OLD RANK
    NEW RANK PRE-AUTOSUBS
    33,796 :-O
    Salah goal! my Treble defence will be a small consolation if they keep a clean sheet. i will take 50 points now

Looking promising that defensive lineup!
    As things stand...

OLD RANK
    NEW RANK PRE-AUTOSUBS

I'm on a rank drop as well. Down to 143k at the moment…

As things stand...

OLD RANK
    NEW RANK PRE-AUTOSUBS

The Unlimited Transfers, Bench Boost and Free Hit have pretty much ruined my team. if the league had ran as normal no way would I have played them the way I did. I only have Tripple Captain left now so hopefully I can settle my team down... though realsied there are F.A. Cup games at weekend.

As things stand...

OLD RANK
    NEW RANK PRE-AUTOSUBS

The Unlimited Transfers, Bench Boost and Free Hit have pretty much ruined my team. if the league had ran as normal no way would I have played them the way I did. I only have Tripple Captain left now so hopefully I can settle my team down... though realsied there are F.A. Cup games at weekend.

It's been difficult for me as well. If I hadn't played the FH, and played the team I have this gameweek (with Henderson instead of Foster, who I brought in for this round of games), I would maybe, just maybe, been inside top 100k still. Now I'm 17 points off, and with the scores other managers have had after the break, it will be difficult to climb back inside the top 100k again.

I have Bench Boost left, and I have no idea when to play it. I could save it for the last gameweek, but then there might be a lot of rotation as the managers might want to give players that don't feature much a game. I guess I just have to see how this gameweek turns out, then see if I want to give it a go in one of the next few gameweeks.

As things stand...

OLD RANK
    NEW RANK PRE-AUTOSUBS

It's been difficult for me as well. If I hadn't played the FH, and played the team I have this gameweek (with Henderson instead of Foster, who I brought in for this round of games), I would maybe, just maybe, been inside top 100k still. Now I'm 17 points off, and with the scores other managers have had after the break, it will be difficult to climb back inside the top 100k again.

I have Bench Boost left, and I have no idea when to play it. I could save it for the last gameweek, but then there might be a lot of rotation as the managers might want to give players that don't feature much a game. I guess I just have to see how this gameweek turns out, then see if I want to give it a go in one of the next few gameweeks.

I must be mad getting rid of Salah so early, got an assist now. My chance of Top Ten finish is fading fast.

As things stand...

OLD RANK
    NEW RANK PRE-AUTOSUBS

I must be mad getting rid of Salah so early, got an assist now. My chance of Top Ten finish is fading fast.

I will keep him for now. The risk is too big he'll get another decent result – probably not against City, but he has Villa, Brighton and Burnley the following gameweeks…

As things stand...

OLD RANK
    NEW RANK PRE-AUTOSUBS

I will keep him for now. The risk is too big he'll get another decent result – probably not against City, but he has Villa, Brighton and Burnley the following gameweeks…

Looks like I will be taking a hit, regarding Salah I am still concerned of rotation after the title is won, that's why I got rid.

As things stand...

OLD RANK
    NEW RANK PRE-AUTOSUBS

Looks like I will be taking a hit, regarding Salah I am still concerned of rotation after the title is won, that's why I got rid.

I imagine he'll play against City; after that, it's anyone's guess how much he'll play. I might be taking a hit too, but I haven't decided yet.
    Ings blanked, my free hit was rubbish lol at least KDB got a goal.
    Ings blanked, my free hit was rubbish lol at least KDB got a goal.

I think KDB's goal negatively affected my OR, despite gaining some points, haha!

Just checked my OR points for last season (2324). I need to average almost 75 points the remaining gameweeks to reach that points score.
    Another gameweek is finished, and we have another gameweek winner! Our gameweek 31+ winner, with an impressive 108 points, is LVLA Skopje 05! Congratulations! =D>

DRnzTdP.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 2: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 3: Benny’s Blues
    GW 4: Benny’s Blues
    GW 5: Anotherwastedcorner
    GW 6: Anfield FC
    GW 7: George’sRetrorockets
    GW 8: 11 FishFingers
    GW 9: LVLA Skopje 05 / EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 10: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: Team Extreme
    GW 13: EMRE CAN Fan
    GW 14: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 15: MysticWarlordsOfKa’a
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: Anfield FC
    GW 18: Overload
    GW 19: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 20: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 21: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 22: Team Extreme
    GW 23: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 24: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 25: Anfield FC / Team Extreme
    GW 26: Manchester United
    GW 27: DICKLESS TOWN
    GW 28: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 29: Overload
    GW 30+: bobby’sfashionsense
    GW 31+: LVLA Skopje 05
    League table standings:
    1. Team Extreme: GW 57 - TOT 1864
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 68 - TOT 1801
    3. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 108 - TOT 1794
    4. 11 FishFingers: GW 74 - TOT 1786
    5. Anfield FC: GW 74 - TOT 1706
    6. Anotherwastedcorner: GW 71 - TOT 1683
    7. AFC Fritzson: GW 58 - TOT 1658
    8. MysticWarlordsOfKa’a: GW 74 - TOT 1647
    9. bliblikadek: GW 71 - TOT 1647
    10. DICKLESS TOWN: GW 61 - TOT 1630
    11. EMRE CAN Fan: GW 50 - TOT 1617
    12. bobby’sfashionsense: GW 78 - TOT 1615
    13. Overload: GW 55 - TOT 1607
    14. Flitwick Flyers: GW 63 - TOT 1548
    15. MEJICO POWA: GW 71 - TOT 1546
    16. GoldyTheRef: GW 65 - TOT 1509
    17. Benny's Blues: GW 83 - TOT 1491
    18. George'sRetroRockets: GW 41 - TOT 1466
    19. Manchester United: GW 59 - TOT 1228

There's another deadline 11:30 UK time, so have your teams ready for another gameweek!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My team for this gameweek:

Transfer made: 2 (-4 points):

Vardy --> Rashford
    Richarlison --> Son

Pope
    Maguire, Evans, Doherty
    Martial, Son, Traoré, De Bruyne
    Ayew, Jimenez (C*), Rashford

* Triple captain
    My team for this gameweek:

Transfer made: 2 (-4 points):

Vardy --> Rashford
    Richarlison --> Son

Pope
    Maguire, Evans, Doherty
    Martial, Son, Traoré, De Bruyne
    Ayew, Jimenez (C*), Rashford

* Triple captain

That looks like a very strong team, @DaltonCraig007. Rashford and Son are on my list of potential transfers too. Really like Jiménez for the Triple Captain. He's in great form, and is probably the safest captaincy pick too, given that the fixtures are so spread out this gameweek. There's also the cup games this weekend that might have an impact on the playing time for some players.

My team:

Foster
    Alexander-Arnold - Doherty - Aurier
    Traoré - De Bruyne - Fernandes - Salah
    Jiménez - Calvert-Lewin - Aubameyang (c)
    (McCarthy - Fernándéz - Stephens - Hayden)

Only one transfer for me for this gameweek; Stevens > Aurier
    Here are the gameweek 32+ captaincy picks!

Salah and Aubameyang are the most captained players in our league this gameweek, with four managers backing either of the two. De Bruyne is close behind, with three managers giving him the armband.
    Salah: 4
    Aubameyang: 4
    De Bruyne: 3
    Jiménez: 2
    Martial: 2
    Kane: 1
    Sterling: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Vardy: 1

Good luck everyone!
    Congrats to LVLA Skopje 05 great points total.
    ---
    Forgot to check my team before deadline as been busy with work, this is its current state...

Henderson
    TAA, Egan, Lundstram
    KDB, Martial (C), Fernandes, Son
    Pukki, Jiminez, Rashford

Leno, Lascelles, Cantwell, Cathcart

I am not confident :))

Fernandes been on from start in F. A. Cup, Rashford on at 62 minute mark, Martial still on bench. [-O< for no issues.
    That team looks alright though, doesn't it, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? Martial should be a good captaincy pick this gameweek.

Surprised Jiménez didn't pick up his usual points. But that's what you get for keeping Traoré on the bench, Nuno! X(
    That team looks alright though, doesn't it, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? Martial should be a good captaincy pick this gameweek.

Surprised Jiménez didn't pick up his usual points. But that's what you get for keeping Traoré on the bench, Nuno! X(

Norwich game onto extra time, United looked laboured throughout. I am concerned having 3 MU players and 3 SU players could easily backfire.

The way games are going I think all teams will be inconsistent with fixtures being compressed.

At last Maguire scores second for United, should be enough. Norwich have fought credit to them.

Norwich game onto extra time, United looked laboured throughout. I am concerned having 3 MU players and 3 SU players could easily backfire.

The way games are going I think all teams will be inconsistent with fixtures being compressed.

At last Maguire scores second for United, should be enough. Norwich have fought credit to them.

I didn't follow the match, but from what I've read, United looked tired. I think that might change my thinking re. transfer plans - though I need to watch the other teams play too, of course.

I fear Arsenal will show similar signs too in the upcoming games. Aubameyang (my captain this gameweek) has played a lot already, and I can't be surprised if he is benched for the Norwich game…
    Thankfully my United trio of Fernandes, Rashford and Martial (c) are starting tonight [-O< needs goals
    Thankfully my United trio of Fernandes, Rashford and Martial (c) are starting tonight [-O< needs goals

2-0 up already. I expect United players are highly captained this gameweek, so I'm hoping they don't score that many goals (Aubameyang (c) here)…