The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,347
    United were garbage

Naff GW thankfully Cantwell (hopefully with additional bonus) with 8 points will come in for Vardy for me, after Norwich at home my United double up will go most likely.
    giphy.gif
    I CAN'T BELIEVE ARSENAL HAVE WON A GAME! @-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    José Mourinho about his yellow card: "I think the yellow card is fair because I was rude, but I was rude to an idiot."
    José Mourinho about his yellow card: "I think the yellow card is fair because I was rude, but I was rude to an idiot."

What was that all about really?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

He went in Soton's technical area to ''spy'' on Ralph Hasenhüttl's notes.

Hahaha, really? But was the "rude to an idiot" comment directed towards Hasenhüttl?

Hahaha, really? But was the "rude to an idiot" comment directed towards Hasenhüttl?

It was directed at Soton's goalkeeping coach, Andrew Sparks.

What sparked the whole thing then? Comments on the sideline between the two?
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,690

I'm afraid I really have no idea what Mourinho was trying to achieve, but I suspect he created this whole affair to divert the media's attention towards his antics and avoid his players' poor performance from getting attacked.

I'm afraid I really have no idea what Mourinho was trying to achieve, but I suspect he created this whole affair to divert the media's attention towards his antics and avoid his players' poor performance from getting attacked.

Thanks – that does sound like a Mourinho tactic, haha! It never gets boring with that guy, that's for sure. :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    My Captain Salah has scored, Robertson assist... and Gomez and TAA starting, hopefully a green arrow imminent for me.
    Mane goal
    Mane goal

Would be even more happy with this if I didn't change the vice captaincy from Mané to De Bruyne moments before the deadline!
    Mane goal

Would be even more happy with this if I didn't change the vice captaincy from Mané to De Bruyne moments before the deadline!

Ouch! I am just going to pick Salah as Captain when at Anfield. I think Salah and Mané are pretty much fixture proof
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,281
    Mane goal

Ouch! I am just going to pick Salah as Captain when at Anfield. I think Salah and Mané are pretty much fixture proof

They certainly look to be! I only changed the vice-captaincy because I fancied KDB's chances this gameweek. What a mistake it was…
    Mane goal

They certainly look to be! I only changed the vice-captaincy because I fancied KDB's chances this gameweek. What a mistake it was…

Doubling up on Liverpool defence paid off for me, since Gomez has been playing with Van Dyke they are getting clean sheets. The Liverpool points today totally bailed me out of a bad GW.

I thought of getting Mané though its either him or KDB, I rather have a premium from two different teams in case one side has an off day.
    Mane goal

Doubling up on Liverpool defence paid off for me, since Gomez has been playing with Van Dyke they are getting clean sheets. The Liverpool points today totally bailed me out of a bad GW.

I thought of getting Mané though its either him or KDB, I rather have a premium from two different teams in case one side has an off day.

I'm thinking wether I should get another Liverpool defender or Salah for the double gameweek. Getting a defender will be easy, but fitting Salah into that midfield will be difficult. It will likely have to mean transferring out Alli and De Bruyne.
    Mane goal

I'm thinking wether I should get another Liverpool defender or Salah for the double gameweek. Getting a defender will be easy, but fitting Salah into that midfield will be difficult. It will likely have to mean transferring out Alli and De Bruyne.

Alli had to go for me to get TAA back, thankfully I have Rashford and his money will let me upgrade my midfield if needed.
    Mane goal

Alli had to go for me to get TAA back, thankfully I have Rashford and his money will let me upgrade my midfield if needed.

Rashford will likely be a way for me to get Salah. Looking at potential transfers, I might need to transfer out Rashford as well as Alli and De Bruyne. It looks a bit much transferring out all of these three to be honest, but Salah is just so expensive.
    Mane goal

Rashford will likely be a way for me to get Salah. Looking at potential transfers, I might need to transfer out Rashford as well as Alli and De Bruyne. It looks a bit much transferring out all of these three to be honest, but Salah is just so expensive.

I will see how Rashford does against Norwich then decide whether to keep him, I have Martial and think he may match or do better than Rashford assuming he stays fit. United's transfer window business will be key also, Pogba is having surgery and Mctominay is out for months so we are in trouble.
    A green arrow for me and 96K in the world.

source.gif

---

Edited: FPL site not updating for some reason, I have checked the website and the app.
    Mane goal

I will see how Rashford does against Norwich then decide whether to keep him, I have Martial and think he may match or do better than Rashford assuming he stays fit. United's transfer window business will be key also, Pogba is having surgery and Mctominay is out for months so we are in trouble.

I'm tempted to transfer out Rashford now, as it would make the upcoming transfers easier to do. But with the fixture ahead, it might be a big risk…

source.gif

---

Edited: FPL site not updating for some reason, I have checked the website and the app.

A big red for me. Down to 125k, although only 7 points behind 100k. Nailing captaincy and vice captaincy can make a lot of difference!
    Mane goal

I'm tempted to transfer out Rashford now, as it would make the upcoming transfers easier to do. But with the fixture ahead, it might be a big risk…

source.gif

---

A big red for me. Down to 125k, although only 7 points behind 100k. Nailing captaincy and vice captaincy can make a lot of difference!

True its the first Captaincy I got right in three weeks, I think you win this with Captaincy, most have been fails for me I could easily be in the top 10k if I got a few more correct that's how close it is.

Though one thing I have done this year is not wait around to fix perceived issues in my team, I have acted quickly and benefited from it.
    Mane goal

source.gif

---

True its the first Captaincy I got right in three weeks, I think you win this with Captaincy, most have been fails for me I could easily be in the top 10k if I got a few more correct that's how close it is.

Though one thing I have done this year is not wait around to fix perceived issues in my team, I have acted quickly and benefited from it.

Those at the very top of the rankings no doubt have found the right captains each gameweek – or close to it. There's a massive element of luck involved there, but also managers being willing to take a risk now and then. And let's not forget the amount of teams with one or several chips already played!

That's where I've failed so far. I've been too patient, too risk-averse and careful not taking hits. I've only taken a -8 in total so far, but could have benefited of taking a few more when my gut feeling was to do so. I probably have to change my strategy going forward considering the upcoming double gameweek, but also just trying to make a few long term changes in the team.
    Mane goal

source.gif

---

Those at the very top of the rankings no doubt have found the right captains each gameweek – or close to it. There's a massive element of luck involved there, but also managers being willing to take a risk now and then. And let's not forget the amount of teams with one or several chips already played!

That's where I've failed so far. I've been too patient, too risk-averse and careful not taking hits. I've only taken a -8 in total so far, but could have benefited of taking a few more when my gut feeling was to do so. I probably have to change my strategy going forward considering the upcoming double gameweek, but also just trying to make a few long term changes in the team.

Think I have taken - 12 hits all season which is good for me, I have bench Boost, Triple Captain and Free Hit left, I won't use those for maybe after GW 30. We both have decent scores and could finish top 50k easy or higher, from my point of view its much better than I did last year so far.
    Mane goal

source.gif

---

Think I have taken - 12 hits all season which is good for me, I have bench Boost, Triple Captain and Free Hit left, I won't use those for maybe after GW 30. We both have decent scores and could finish top 50k easy or higher, from my point of view its much better than I did last year so far.

I think it's better not taking too many hits, but it's a balance for sure. I've seen managers taking a -12 getting massive green arrows. I think having the chips available is important at this point. With one double gameweek ahead and more of them eventually, there will be a time where having the chips to play will be a massive advantage.
    Mane goal

source.gif

---

I think it's better not taking too many hits, but it's a balance for sure. I've seen managers taking a -12 getting massive green arrows. I think having the chips available is important at this point. With one double gameweek ahead and more of them eventually, there will be a time where having the chips to play will be a massive advantage.

That's why I Wild carded early because of Liverpool double fixture and how well there defence was doing.

Taking hits can get out of control though, I have seen managers do well and then have one bad GW and take a - 16 and it does not work. Its a fine balance between patience with certain players whilst planning ahead, and the players not working get rid. Alli did OK for a few weeks then I got rid for better option for example.
    Mane goal

source.gif

---

That's why I Wild carded early because of Liverpool double fixture and how well there defence was doing.

Taking hits can get out of control though, I have seen managers do well and then have one bad GW and take a - 16 and it does not work. Its a fine balance between patience with certain players whilst planning ahead, and the players not working get rid. Alli did OK for a few weeks then I got rid for better option for example.

I think I might have a plan to get a Liverpool triple-up without playing the wildcard, but I'm still undecided if I want to get Salah or a defender. I think I might wildcard after the double gameweek, depending on how other teams and players do.

It's soooo easy being reactionary to scores and lack of points. I'm itching to make some early transfer, but I know it's better to wait until after the cup fixtures. I have to keep an eye on price changes though, as my planned transfers will rely on having that additional 0.1 or 0.2 available.
    Mane goal

source.gif

---

I think I might have a plan to get a Liverpool triple-up without playing the wildcard, but I'm still undecided if I want to get Salah or a defender. I think I might wildcard after the double gameweek, depending on how other teams and players do.

It's soooo easy being reactionary to scores and lack of points. I'm itching to make some early transfer, but I know it's better to wait until after the cup fixtures. I have to keep an eye on price changes though, as my planned transfers will rely on having that additional 0.1 or 0.2 available.

I am keeping my team as it is unless Vardy injury does not improve assuming he is legitimately out for that reason. I have given the Mané and Salah double up more thought and for me it would be a Captaincy headache. Also I may move away from Liverpool if there lead gets to big as surely they will then focus on the CL and rotate in the Premiership. FPL needs Liverpool to drop points IMO
    Mane goal

source.gif

---

I am keeping my team as it is unless Vardy injury does not improve assuming he is legitimately out for that reason. I have given the Mané and Salah double up more thought and for me it would be a Captaincy headache. Also I may move away from Liverpool if there lead gets to big as surely they will then focus on the CL and rotate in the Premiership. FPL needs Liverpool to drop points IMO

I'm really not sure what to do with Vardy if he's out any longer. I have money tied up in him, and dropping than getting back would be really difficult. But it's not something I think about before we have more news.

The Mané/Salah double-up will be a captaincy headache for sure – but owning both might be beneficial as well. Hopefully the transfer activity won't force an early decision.

There will be rotation for Liverpool soon, but I think they want to keep the momumentum going for now, keeping the lead they have in the league. But I agree that FPL (and PL) probably needs some Liverpool rotation to make things interesting. Many teams are too similar right now.