The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• edited November 2019 Posts: 17,281
    Falling asleep before the deadline is gonna hurt, I would have switched back to Vardy as Captain.

Done a few mock transfers I am trying to fit too many midfielders into my team, you can't have every one. Going with Son and KDB for now

I was on Vardy as captain for quite some time. Missed out on quite a few points there.

Son and KDB are good transfers I think. Having them will be an asset to your FPL team.

My bad Captain is clouding my judgment lol I need to not go crazy with transfers. My teams fixtures are good next GW

Or I could do Son to Sterling and go without City assets for a few weeks there fixtures with a potentially depleted side not great

I think next week looks more promising, now that the City-Chelsea fixture is done.

I don't think it will be necessary to have that many City players on current form. KDB might be enough for me, given what I can do with the cash from selling him. I can upgrade Connolly or Saka, I can upgrade in defence or even get a second playing goalkeeper.

One way of looking at it is the next wildcard is 6 GW's away and I can almost remove myself from Pep Roulette Christmas headache. I am going to Son from Sterling with plenty in the bank and will just play the fixtures. Once we can Wildcard again City will have better fixtures and probably be in better shape

Edited: Done no more Sterling Captain dilema

Good point re. the wildcard. With the next one available so soon, that will make playing the fixture run much easier. I'm sure City can still deliver during this period, but with so many other players with (on paper) easier games, it might be worth going down that route instead of the Pep roulette.

Same here. Don't like making early transfers, but I have one transfer available in case something happens midweek.

Son looked good from the eye test POV, Jose teams generally don't score lots of goals though Son will be involved with most I think and Bournemouth at home I had to get Son in for that.

I am thinking of getting in Bernard Silva as City cover

Very true, Mourinho's teams don't score that many goals, but I think Son will be key to the goals they do score - and they do have some easy fixtures going forward.

I always have a feeling that either of B. Silva and D. Silva are capable of delivering big scores. They're not always involved though, so there might be a few 2-3 point games between each decent score. But they're also cheaper than De Bruyne and Sterling, so they do offer a cheaper way into that City attack.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Lundstrum assist I will take that from FPL point of view.

United look all over the place with Calamity Jones at the back, we need to revert to four at the back
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Amazing come back by United
    Damn. I don't have any United assets, and will no doubt pay for that in the OR…
    Typical VAR strikes again 3 - 3
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,347

Unlikely scorers only Rashford involved, nothing from Martial.

I have had it with Ole he is too negative and only when in panic mode does he let us play

I did say I would take 50 points this GW and that's pretty much what I will end up with. I can't complain

What happened?

I have had it with Ole he is too negative and only when in panic mode does he let us play

I did say I would take 50 points this GW and that's pretty much what I will end up with. I can't complain

I guess many United fans feel with Ole like Arsenal fans do with Unai…

I'm on 62 points, which is good. However, I decided on making a boring bench transfer rather than more risky moves - all of which would have paid off.

What happened?

I'm on 62 points, which is good. However, I decided on making a boring bench transfer rather than more risky moves - all of which would have paid off.

VAR is inconsistent Sheffield scored late with suspected handball which VAR did not give and have given for similar incidents.

Ole tactically is clueless a better manager would get far more from these players

What happened?

VAR is inconsistent Sheffield scored late with suspected handball which VAR did not give and have given for similar incidents.

Ole tactically is clueless a better manager would get far more from these players

Well, that's the VAR officials for you! Arsenal have lost points because it too. VAR in itself is alright though - it's the way the PL uses it which is completely wrong.

No doubt about that. United will surely be able to find a suitable replacement?
    Just looked at the table both United and Arsenal only won 4 Premier League games all season that's shocking

This point last season under Jose we had 4 more points than we have now, Jose was sacked four games later
    Just looked at the table both United and Arsenal only won 4 Premier League games all season that's shocking

This point last season under Jose we had 4 more points than we have now, Jose was sacked four games later

It's just depressing, really. Arsenal have this nice run of fixtures going forward, and the board seems determined to give Emery those games. If he loses them though, where does that leave the team? Closer to relegation that top four, that's for sure.

I have a feeling United might act in January as far as Ole goes. That might be to late too, but at least United have the money to build a long-term project with whoever they bring in. Poch potentially?

I think United acted a bit fast with Mou. It might've gotten worse, but he might also have put them in a position which would've been easier to build on with another manager.

It's just depressing, really. Arsenal have this nice run of fixtures going forward, and the board seems determined to give Emery those games. If he loses them though, where does that leave the team? Closer to relegation that top four, that's for sure.

I have a feeling United might act in January as far as Ole goes. That might be to late too, but at least United have the money to build a long-term project with whoever they bring in. Poch potentially?

I think United acted a bit fast with Mou. It might've gotten worse, but he might also have put them in a position which would've been easier to build on with another manager.

Unfortunately Jose made his position untenable by going to war with those up stairs.
    Fans not happy after today many asking for Poch. Bottom line we need a manager with a clear system and plan. Ole said after the game we have improved and we would have lost four or five nil last season, crazy talk.
    Sergio Aguero: Pep Guardiola expects 'bad' injury for Man City striker
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/50533465

Jesus looks like a potential asset? Or
    Gr Pep has played Sterling as a false 9 and I just sold him :))

Unfortunately Jose made his position untenable by going to war with those up stairs.
    Fans not happy after today many asking for Poch. Bottom line we need a manager with a clear system and plan. Ole said after the game we have improved and we would have lost four or five nil last season, crazy talk.

I see. If those in charge lose their patience, then it's really no way back.

Ole really said that? Wow, that can't go down well with fans, can it?

Sergio Aguero: Pep Guardiola expects 'bad' injury for Man City striker
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/50533465

Jesus looks like a potential asset? Or
    Gr Pep has played Sterling as a false 9 and I just sold him :))

Damn, if Agüero is out long-term, then Sterling might - as you write - be used as a false 9. We can only hope that Jesus plays there instead!
    Abraham stretchered of in CL game does not look good

What kind of injury was it?

I nearly did a second transfer last night, but decided to hold on to the second free transfer instead. If it's a long term injury, then Abraham out looks to be the transfer to make.

I nearly did a second transfer last night, but decided to hold on to the second free transfer instead. If it's a long term injury, then Abraham out looks to be the transfer to make.

No additional info though looked in pain

On the up side Salah is back for Liverpool

We can only hope we get news before the deadline!

Don't think Klopp would risk playing Salah if the injury is still affecting him. He must be alright now.

Don't think Klopp would risk playing Salah if the injury is still affecting him. He must be alright now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10437450/tammy-abraham-injury-stretcher-chelsea-news/amp/

Does not sound good, I think it could be broken ribs I have had that injury myself could be a few months lay off. Hope he is OK generally speaking

I could do a swap for Rashford, Jesus, Firmino or Lacazette as have 2.4million in the bank

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10437450/tammy-abraham-injury-stretcher-chelsea-news/amp/

Does not sound good, I think it could be broken ribs I have had that injury myself could be a few months lay off. Hope he is OK generally speaking

I could do a swap for Rashford, Jesus, Firmino or Lacazette as have 2.4million in the bank

Ouch! That doesn't sound good. If it's broken ribs, that should keep him out of action for a while. We just need to keep an eye out for news, I think!
    Liverpool trailing at Anfield to Napoli (bogey team it would seem) Fabhino off injured and Van Dyke currently down injured may have to leave the action

Ouch! That doesn't sound good. If it's broken ribs, that should keep him out of action for a while. We just need to keep an eye out for news, I think!

I'll keep an eye on news feed whilst at work, Abraham being at hospital I would expect news soon
    Liverpool trailing at Anfield to Napoli (bogey team it would seem) Fabhino off injured and Van Dyke currently down injured may have to leave the action

Van Dijk is back on, but looks to struggle a bit…?

I almost got Van Dyke in though wisely decided not to go with Liverpool defence double up

I'll keep an eye on news feed whilst at work, Abraham being at hospital I would expect news soon

Would expect that we'll hear something at least.

I could do something similar. If Abraham is out for a while, I'm really not sure who I want instead; he made that second striker spot easy to fill.

On the other hand it does open up the possibility to change up the template a bit. All of the players you mention should be replacements to consider!

I almost got Van Dyke in though wisely decided not to go with Liverpool defence double up

He looks to be OK now.

I came close to a defensive double up a few gameweeks ago, but had other transfers to prioritise. Right now I think I will look towards making other transfers and reassess if Liverpool starts keeping more clean sheets.

I could do something similar. If Abraham is out for a while, I'm really not sure who I want instead; he made that second striker spot easy to fill.

On the other hand it does open up the possibility to change up the template a bit. All of the players you mention should be replacements to consider!

He looks to be OK now.

I came close to a defensive double up a few gameweeks ago, but had other transfers to prioritise. Right now I think I will look towards making other transfers and reassess if Liverpool starts keeping more clean sheets.

If Abraham is out a shame a my front three of Vardy, Abraham and Jiminez have been ticking over nicely. Though I could strengthen my midfield and bring in Pulisic earlier as I want to swap him for Mount at some point, or I could get KDB back in. Of course one or two hits would be needed, one hit max I think this week. I could bench Abraham for a week as my fixtures are good, I have options thankfully

He looks to be OK now.

If Abraham is out a shame a my front three of Vardy, Abraham and Jiminez have been ticking over nicely. Though I could strengthen my midfield and bring in Pulisic earlier as I want to swap him for Mount at some point, or I could get KDB back in. Of course one or two hits would be needed, one hit max I think this week. I could bench Abraham for a week as my fixtures are good, I have options thankfully

I had my eyes on that exact front three! I could swap Abraham for Jiménez, or even take a -4 to get a playing front three this gameweek. My bench includes Rico (playing Sp*rs), Saka (injured) and Connolly (injured), so I might be forced to take a hit.
    If there are any Fantasy Football Managers interested in contributing to the 'MI6 Community JAMES BOND Advent Calendar' feel free to pick a date and I'll add you to the list, we could do with some more dates being filled. Link Below. Thank You
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/17349/the-great-mi6-community-james-bond-advent-calendar-new-years-eve-celebration/p19

@Torgeirtrap thankfully alot of my players have home games, I am tempted to get Rashford though reluctant to have him and Martial, I am certainly not looking to spend too much on a striker despite my options Premium are not better than mid priced strikers at this point
    Currently 10 of my starting 11 have home games only Ryan is away to Liverpool, of course that will change with Abraham out though I can bring in Cantwell who is at home to Arsenal hmm