The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congrats to Dinamo Skruknott, great GW1 haul.

Tinkering with my team, based on GW1 I currently have 5 CF's (6 if you count Salah) in my starting line up.

How does that 5(6) CF team impact the defence?

It's really down to that the midfielders I have are actually strikers despite FPL classing them otherwise.

But that must be quite a premium midfield, right?

My defence was/is good though changed my team again :))

That's the issue with playing the wildcard; you think you've settled on a team, just to change your mind quickly afterwards! :))

I am in the trying to fit the one extra decent player in when its not workable so I end up wrecking my team phase :))
    Congrats to Dinamo Skruknott, great GW1 haul.

Tinkering with my team, based on GW1 I currently have 5 CF's (6 if you count Salah) in my starting line up.

How does that 5(6) CF team impact the defence?

It's really down to that the midfielders I have are actually strikers despite FPL classing them otherwise.

But that must be quite a premium midfield, right?

My defence was/is good though changed my team again :))

That's the issue with playing the wildcard; you think you've settled on a team, just to change your mind quickly afterwards! :))

I am in the trying to fit the one extra decent player in when its not workable so I end up wrecking my team phase :))

With the prices this season, we have no choice but to make some difficult decisions when picking the players we want. I'm going into gameweek 2 with no City players, no Son, no Kane and no Lukaku…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Changed my Captain at the last minute, went with fixture history...
    Changed my Captain at the last minute, went with fixture history...

I expect Fernandes to get a haul against Soton! Couldn't decide between him and Salah, so I ended up doing nothing, keeping the armband on Salah. Not that confident he'll match Bruno though…

_______

Speaking of captains, here are the gameweek 2 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 9
    Fernandes: 9
    Son: 3
    Vardy: 1
    Lukaku: 1
    Mahrez: 1

We have some interesting differential captains in play this gameweek, with Son, Vardu, Lukaku and Mahrez all capable of delivering big. The rest of the league are hoping for Salah and Fernandes to deliver – both backed by nine managers each. Good luck everyone!
    Gone with three City defenders :)) bit of a risk
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Got Liverpool and manu defenders.
    Jota in for Gundogan. ^:)^
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,060
    Just put Liverpool game on, watching with dread :))

Actually it QPR :))

Could pay off though! They have some tasty fixtures coming up, starting with Norwich today.

I'd be tempted by Jota too, if I already didn't have three Liverpool players.
    None of my City defenders start :))
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,340

Could pay off though! They have some tasty fixtures coming up, starting with Norwich today.

They should allow 4. :)>- :)>-
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,235

They should allow 4. :)>- :)>-

Unfortunately, I don't think that has ever happened. It's understandable though, as it forces us to have some variation with our player picks. Same with the prices; there's no way we can have all the premium players we want.
    Half my team has done OK, Captain Bruno could get me a green arrow.
    Half my team has done OK, Captain Bruno could get me a green arrow.

Salah captain fail for me. Anything from Bruno tomorrow, and we can see a massive change in the overall ranks!
    Just made a transfer, dud not realise I had money in the bank.

Watching Brighton v Watford, I am interested to see how good Watford are.
    Duffy scores, dam I had him in one of my drafts.

Already? I'm trying to wait as long as possible with transfers myself. Hope price rises won't be an issue in the meantime.

Already? I'm trying to wait as long as possible with transfers myself. Hope price rises won't be an issue in the meantime.

Got Diaz in Zinchenko out, baffled as to why I did not have Diaz already with money in the bank, been a long few weeks tired brain must have not been paying attention. Got a week off now so can focus on my team.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,235

Got Diaz in Zinchenko out, baffled as to why I did not have Diaz already with money in the bank, been a long few weeks tired brain must have not been paying attention. Got a week off now so can focus on my team.

Dias should be a good option going forward. Haven't thought of City assets after their loss to Sp*rs, but have to consider some of them soon. Got two free transfers, so I have the option of making a single transfer, two, or even a mini wildcard.
    Watford offering very little at the moment, could be a good home team, though away lacklustre.

Dias should be a good option going forward. Haven't thought of City assets after their loss to Sp*rs, but have to consider some of them soon. Got two free transfers, so I have the option of making a single transfer, two, or even a mini wildcard.

My strategy is three City defenders for a while, each week one may be rested or two. Though City get so many clean sheets it's worth it. I need to have a plan for Tmiskas though for when Robertson is back. That's probably why I kept money in the bank lol
    This game is at walking pace, not sure what Watfords tactics are there is no sense of urgency.
    Brighton 2 Maupay goal Bissouma assist another player I had, I switched Bissouma to Moder who is benched. Bissouma has been excellent.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,060
    Maupay shoulder injury looks painfull.

Had to go off big blow for Brighton 2 goals in 2

Lol he is back on the field

My strategy is three City defenders for a while, each week one may be rested or two. Though City get so many clean sheets it's worth it. I need to have a plan for Tmiskas though for when Robertson is back. That's probably why I kept money in the bank lol

Three City defenders could be a good differential strategy, as their attacking assets are more likely to get rotated. You should probably have a plan for transferring one out though, should one of their midfielders become an option (De Bruyne, for example).

I'm in the same boat re. Tsimikas. Will probably bench him against Chelsea, then find a replacement. Jota is tempting, but rotation is an issue.

Not watching the game Brighton-Watford game. Will keep an eye on who does well in this match though. The cheaper midfielders will be important this season, since we need the funds to get the premiums we want.

Three City defenders could be a good differential strategy, as their attacking assets are more likely to get rotated. You should probably have a plan for transferring one out though, should one of their midfielders become an option (De Bruyne, for example).

I'm in the same boat re. Tsimikas. Will probably bench him against Chelsea, then find a replacement. Jota is tempting, but rotation is an issue.

Not watching the game Brighton-Watford game. Will keep an eye on who does well in this match though. The cheaper midfielders will be important this season, since we need the funds to get the premiums we want.

Watford I think will get destroyed away from home against the top teams, been quite poor.

I will definitely get Bissouma in at his price when I can.
    Terrible challenge by Duffy surprised he was not sent off. Studs right down the hamstrings.
    Potter deserves a big job, Brighton are a solid premiership team.

Watford I think will get destroyed away from home against the top teams, been quite poor.

Definitely something to keep in mind when choosing who to captain!

Of the 4.5's, Bissouma is probably one of the most likely to be involved in goals. Could even be a starting option if the fixtures are good.

The job Graham Potter did at Östersund was incredible, and is not mentioned enough. The promotions he secured the team, and then leading them into the Europa League group stages in 2017 (even beating Arsenal at the Emirates), is something I think many PL managers would struggle to manage. If he keeps delivering results with Brighton, he might be in for a bigger job very soon.

Of the 4.5's, Bissouma is probably one of the most likely to be involved in goals. Could even be a starting option if the fixtures are good.

The job Graham Potter did at Östersund was incredible, and is not mentioned enough. The promotions he secured the team, and then leading them into the Europa League group stages in 2017 (even beating Arsenal at the Emirates), is something I think many PL managers would struggle to manage. If he keeps delivering results with Brighton, he might be in for a bigger job very soon.

Norwegian team? I had no idea he had done that previous to Brighton.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,340

Tsimikas did well again but Robbo is back from injury,on the bench.

I read what Potter did at Östersund and it was impressive.
    We need some more English managers in the EPL especially with the big clubs.

Salah and Callum wilson owners unlucky this week.
    Bj8e.gif