Bond on Blu-Ray. Reference quality? What's your choice?

edited November 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 3,167
Here's the list of Bond-movies released on Blu-Ray so far:

Dr. No
FRWL
GF
TB
LALD
TMWTGG
Moonraker
FYEO
LTK
TWINE
DAD
CR
QoS

Personally I think all the old Bond-movies (up until TMWTGG) which have been 4K'ed and fixed by Lowry all look absolutely stellar, probably with TB as my favorite in terms of picture quality. For general sound- and surroundeffects, I would probably pick DAD.

Anyone care to share their views?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2011 Posts: 15,690
    I agree. A few of the films that were updated on the Ultimate Edition, still on DVD, were really ruined during their transfer... But as for the Blu-Rays, I think they've done a stellar job.

I sold the few Ultimate Editions on DVD that I bought - the image quality was appalling. I still own all the DVD's - with the best edition of that format being the Special Editions.
    I've seen the new 1080p transfers of YOLT, OHMSS and DAF. I really hope they get released next. They look absolutely fantastic, especially projected from a 1080p projector.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It will be everything released together next as part of a 50th anniversary DVD/BD box set.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2011 Posts: 15,690
    I've seen the new 1080p transfers of YOLT, OHMSS and DAF. I really hope they get released next. They look absolutely fantastic, especially projected from a 1080p projector.
    One of my joy of working in a movie theatre is to play Blu-Ray's on one of our projectors (we have one of the most poweful and advanced currently on the market), and I must tell you the image and sound quality is really great ! But it doesn't beat watching actual 35mm prints or digitial prints of past Bond films on the big screen.
    Well, I guess the old prints containing hairs, scratches and cigaretteburns have its charm.

I can imagine how great a new cleaned-up digital print would look like, though.