Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    What a load of bollocks.

At the risk of being lynched by the PC police I don’t get why ‘Fetch my shoes’ is always labelled as so racist?

Quarrel is Bond’s assistant and Bond is in charge and giving the orders. Yeah there’s no obvious reason he couldn’t get his own shoes but if he had said ‘Fetch my shoes please’ would that have been OK?

When they are checking on the boat with the Geiger counter and Bond says ‘Here hold this’ and gives Quarrel his watch why is that better? Or when he tells him to shoot the driver of the dragon tank?

Bond is the agent in charge of the investigation and Quarrel is just a fisherman who is assisting him that’s why he’s ordering him about not because he thinks that the black man’s duty is to do his bidding.

The Pussy one I guess I can understand, although for the record once Bond starts kissing her she loves it and by the final reel she can’t get enough.

Dink is fairly harmless (why can’t people just laugh this stuff of as just being how they behaved in the olden days?) and JW is meant to be racist surely? We’re supposed to be laughing at him not with him.

As for ‘keep you in curry for a few weeks’ that cracks me up every time and if that makes me racist then guilty.

I’ve been motoring this place for a while and was hoping for something innovative but if you sanitise the shagging, killing, drinking and smoking from Bond just so you can attract families there’s not a lot left. The moment you start with a brief of inclusivity you set your high water mark as utter mediocrity.

I’ll probably go though in end of Feb/start of March as Solden is pretty snow reliable and dining at the Ice-Q is a cut above the usual huts with the annoying kids and their schnitzel and chips. A glass of champagne and some smoked salmon and caviar then OHMSS main theme on the headphones and launch yourself down the run. You can’t beat it.

The Solden council have done a good job though to be fair by adding this as they already big up the Bond connection a lot with giant screens showing scenes from the film (admittedly that film is SP but you can’t have everything in life) at the cable car base station while you queue.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I would put myself in it of course. The Elegant Anachronism and lordly amateur. I'd make a good museum piece as I am archaic enough.