Bond With the Beatles

A collection of the Bond+Beatles vinyl covers
https://www.instagram.com/bond_with_the_beatles/
Including material from Anthology and Past Masters

PS One of the covers contains a photoshop easter egg referring to the Beatles history.

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Brilliant!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,338
    Excellent I enjoyed looking at those, Polythene Pam made me chuckle, as did Brosnan with his pain face for It won't be long

Baby it's you could have been Fool on a hill
  • Excellent I enjoyed looking at those, Polythene Pam made me chuckle, as did Brosnan with his pain face for It won't be long

Good point. Maybe I'll change it.
    Baby it's you might be Bond looking at Colonel Toro in OP

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,338
    Excellent I enjoyed looking at those, Polythene Pam made me chuckle, as did Brosnan with his pain face for It won't be long

Good point. Maybe I'll change it.
    Baby it's you might be Bond looking at Colonel Toro in OP

That would work.

I thought Maxwells Silver Hammer may fit an image of Lois Maxwell/Moneypenny. Though the only object that could work to the song reference I could think of was her typewriter.

Goldfinger could easily fit Mean Mr Mustard with his mustard coloured attire.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Nice idea, great execution @Grubozaboyschikov.
  • I approve.
    --Beatles
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Really awesome work!
    Great work! That's real funny, merging arguably Britian's two greatest '60s cultural icons
    Someone should do the same with The Rolling Stones, as they debuted the same month.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,622
    I am a Stones fan first, but weren't the Fab 4 just ahead of them
    Stones formed in July 1962. Their first single release was Chuck Berry's Come On, June 1963
    I'm not sure of the Beatles timeline
    Well, same year at least.
  • The Beatles definitely pre-dated the Stones. In fact, a Decca exec was chatting up George Harrison one evening in the early '60s, stating his regrets that Decca had turned the Beatles down once before they got their big break with Parlophone, and asking if George had any tips regarding upcoming bands to check out. George recommended the Rolling Stones...and the rest is rock & roll history!
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,622
    Right The Beatles were already established hitmakers in 1962, while Jagger Richards and Brian Jones were slumming together, eking out a living, at their infamous Edith Grove dump of a flat.
    The Beatles would visit them at the flat and hang out.
    According to wiki, The Beatles formed as a group in 1960. Lennon, McCartney and Harrison had history that predated that. But by 1960 the name was established. Ringo joined later, in 1962, bumping out Pete Best
    They were an instant recording success, with their first string of singles starting with Love Me Do, Oct 1962.
    So basically the Stones were still in their formative stages as The Beatles were hitting their initial fame.
    Beatles hit the charts about 8 months ahead of the Stones, and even then made a bigger initial splash.

But @Thunderfinger a Stones Bond collaboration has possibilities too

Edit: Beatles and Bond movies though have almost perfect symmetry, with both hitting big, late 1962
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    CGakXf2UgAAGKx9.jpg

z6zMWW6.jpg

tumblr_n94mla6mxy1rsc32po2_500.jpg

bMqT1Pk.jpg

And, of course, The Bondles: http://www.shamthology.com/000_main.html

wIr7iCz.jpg

mQQ2S4i.jpg
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,338
    ggl007 wrote: »
    CGakXf2UgAAGKx9.jpg

z6zMWW6.jpg

tumblr_n94mla6mxy1rsc32po2_500.jpg

bMqT1Pk.jpg

And, of course, The Bondles: http://www.shamthology.com/000_main.html

wIr7iCz.jpg

mQQ2S4i.jpg

They are great especially the Sgt Pepper album cover.

The Abbey Road cover is very Meta with how George is depicted.
  • Great stuff! That Sgt. JW Pepper cover took a lot of work!