What Bond movies do you plan to return to this year?

M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
There are different kind of Bond fans. Some watch them all every year, at least once. For me, I don't want to burn out, plus I have other movies (and pursuits in general) that I enjoy. I like to avoid rewatching a movie to soon so it still feels fresh the next time I watch it.

That being said, when I do start watching Bond movies this year, it'll be purely out of interest. I'm done with doing marathons for OCD reasons and I don't want to negatively impact my opinion of any movie in the franchise by watching it on a night that I'm not really in the mood for it.

For the films I didn't really care for overall (DAF, TMWTGG, FYEO, AVTAK, DAD, SP), I'll probably just watch my favorite parts of it on Youtube but not sit through a whole film.

I'd probably like to watch Octopussy, Goldfinger, Dr. No, Goldeneye and The Living Daylights this year.

If anything, the films I remember kindly but am least familiar with are where I'm inclined to start.

Comments

I probably go thru the entire series once or twice per year. I do find the Cubby films more consistently re-watchable. I can watch DN, FRWL, GF, OHMSS, OP, LTD and so forth several times a year.
    All of them once the Bond room is completed towards the end of next month!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    All of them. The girlfriend has watched perhaps two or three of them.
    Well, we kicked it off with DN today.
    Mostly the Moore and Connery ones and for Christmas the regular OHMSS.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Next I will return to my favourites GF and TB (I watch them 2-4 times a year) plus CR, QoS and SF. Then I am planning to see DN, FRWL, LALD, FYEO, OP, TLD throughout the summer and for sure OHMSS during christmas.

The movies I am seeing the most remain GF, TB, CR,QoS and SF though ... they never bore me for different reasons each.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 684
    Planning on doing a full Bondathon sometime this month and/or next. I'm going to try and give particular consideration towards LALD, TMWTGG, AVTAK, TLD, LTK, and TWINE. These are the ones I feel like I too willingly neglect (LALD), overlook positive aspects of (TMWTGG, AVTAK, TLD, LTK), and/or go into with some preconceived bias against (TWINE).
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Undecided as to which Bond films I'll watch this year. Feeling the urge to watch a couple now, but those are my "summer regulars"; DN, FRWL, GF, TB, DAF, TMWTGG, TSWLM and FYEO.

Will probably try to pick some others. LALD and OP looks the obvious ones right now, possibly throwing in a viewing of OHMSS as well, while it's snow outside.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Don t think I am watching any Bond this year.