James Bond 10p coin

Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
in Merchandise Posts: 3,104
Reporting in from a queue on The Royal Mint's website...
British currency is also changing as a new series of 10p coin designs have now started to enter circulation.

A total of 2.6 million coins have been struck, each of which will have one of 26 designs aimed at celebrating British life.

There is a design for each letter of the alphabet, from the Angel of the North to the Zebra Crossing, including fish and chips, the Loch Ness Monster and James Bond among others.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43210251

DXMWsKbWAAAbUNm.jpg

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    B for Bond
    Oh yes! I have certainly gotta try and lay my hands on one of these!!!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Huge queue on the Royal Mail web site.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 684
    "Ever since Croesus, the first millionaire, invented gold coins, money has depreciated. And the face of the coin has been debased as fast as its value. First the faces of gods were on the coins. Then the faces of kings. Then of presidents. Now there's no face at all. Look at this stuff! ... Muck! The miracle is that you can still buy things with it.'"
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    Just got on there after an hour wait.

No Bond ones left and what they have are £35 a pop. Some jammy sods going to make a mint (if you'll excuse the pun) on eBay.

Edit: tell a lie, they've got some. But they're on eBay for £8.95 already so bugger it I'm not shelling out £35 for something I'll probably look at once and then put in a box. For £10-15 I would have been in but that's a bit steep.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm counting on everyone I know saving me any they get in their change!

I bet an awful lot of these will vanish from circulation, and not down the back of the sofa either.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

There's also a Q-coin. Just sayin'. Save one for me.

_100219081_ten-pence-q.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Saw this reported in The Times yesterday and was very glad to see James Bond recognised as a British cultural icon in this way.

Funnily enough I'd been thinking recently about Bond or Fleming being recognised on a coin or banknote and now it's finally happened!
    cool, will have to keep a look out for these. been watching my change the last year or so before the old £1 changed for any rare ones