My follow up to "Scarred" - feedback on climax idea

in Fan Creations Posts: 4,600
Some of you guys may recall around 18 months ago, I put my first attempt at a Bond script up and I was really grateful for all of your feedback. All of it was spot on (including the negative stuff) :-) so thanks again.

Working on the sequel and I want to run a possible climax passed you as, once the climax is in place, the plot can work backwards from there.

Anyway, the idea is to have a massive "dirty bomb" deep in a container ship (with the traditional countdown to explosion) , the ship is heading down the English channel, equal distance between Calais and Dover. (it avoids any security checks from GB or France by doing so) If it goes off, the distribution of radioactive material will be disatrous to both countries aswell as requiring a medium term suspension in shipping for that route (causing economic mayhem).

Bond and Bondgirl/agent are choppered onto ship with task of defusing (shades of Goldfinger), after overcoming basic crew, Bond locates the container with the bomb in the hold but it's welded shut. (Goldfinger option gone) The option of defusing has gone. His last option? To skuttle the ship so that the explosion takes place 50 meters down, massively reducing the risk re radio active matarial. He opens the fuel tanks so that the bilges start to fill with fuel and then, via some IED and timer, activates it and then one last fight with the henchmen in the bowels of the ship (during the countdown) before diving off the side just as it explodes and plunges to the seabed where, seconds later, the secondary explosion of the dirty bonb takes place.

Good idea or stinker? I'm not sure myself !

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited January 2018 Posts: 9,117
    Quite like that to be fair, although shades of Die Hard 3 which would need to be carefully navigated around.

But a good idea for the villain's caper - just so long as your radiation facts hold up. Have to say I'm not convinced that the bomb going off underwater would make a lot of difference as the sea would still get contaminated which would be an environmental disaster.

Perhaps have the part of the villain's plan being to scuttle the ship on purpose and Bond has to try and stop the countdown as it sinks to the bottom.

Although then shades of TWINE might be a fair accusation!!