Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Future Bond theme??

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
edited November 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,399
I pose this question to the faithful hear at Mi6..

could Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings pull off a future Bond theme?.. I have only recently discovered them (about a year ago) and Sharon Jones sings with a lot of soul and class - reminds me of a cross between old school Motown and some Louisiana jazz....

here is a song by them, called "If You Call" .. it almost does have a Bond sound to it - IMO it does anyway...

Comments

I can't help but feel there is a thread for this.. well I know there is. But I have no patience for finding such things :/

But my answer is yes, I like it. I'd be comfortable with her/this song as a theme. Beautiful song - *adds to phone*
    There is indeed a thread on this, and I don't think Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings are special enough to warrant their own thread.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    ok - i probably created a thread like this a long time ago and just forgot about it.... my bad...
    There is indeed a thread on this, and I don't think Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings are special enough to warrant their own thread.
    aren't you the snarky one tonight...

I'm sure glad you're around to tell us exactly what subjects are worthy of their own threads or not....... glad you're policing this issue up Officer Buzzkill

What? I'm not allowed to like the band? I just can't see them doing a Bond theme, and I don't think they're notable enough to deserve their own discussion.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    well.. next time, when i am in doubt whether a subject needs its own thread or not, i'll PM you.
    @haserot I like the idea, they seem worthy, if not for a main title, at lest end credits or included in some way.