"Bondmania" 007 Convention?

edited November 2017 in General Discussion Posts: 352
Since I was a young lad, I've been in love with everything Bond - films, literature, video games, merchandise, etc. Since MI6 is THE place to be for everything James Bond (apart from the official 007 site), I was wondering if it had ever been an object of discussion/consideration to have a conference/convention for Bond fans.

There was Bondmania back in the 1960s, and not much else after that, apart form independent exhibitions, and say, the International Spy Museum - which, in their own respect, are venues/attractions.

From middle school, all the way through college, I attended many club/organization conferences at the local, state, and national level (Future Business Leaders of America for business, Florida Public Service Association for Criminal Justice club/class, and Model Legislature/Model UN/Mock Trial for government and politics). I always loved attending these events due to the great networking and friendmaking opportunities, the schedule of workshops, classes, and events/entertainment, as well as getting to visit beautiful hotels and resorts at such a young age - essentially getting the "this is what its like to do things with life" feeling.

Was wondering if MI6 has considered hosting an international/regional (UK, US, etc.) Bond conference/convention, where all of us Bond lovers can get together, meet in person, have Bond movie nights, perhaps invite Bond actors/producers/crew for Q&A sessions, workshops on espionage history, Bond theory and discussion, Bond trivia nights, cocktail hours, etc., and even merchandise tables with different Bond/spy-related memorabilia/spy gadgets/toys/collectibles, etc.?

I feel this would be a really neat way to bring the Bond community together. Of course, funding, partnerships, planning and organizing are to be taken into account, but I'd certainly like your thoughts on the possibility of this being a thing, or at the least, what you'd like to see/have take place at a convention like this.

Comments