if you were james bond...........

edited September 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 12,837
If you were picked to star in a bond film (or more), how would you play the part???

forget about the fact you're not an actor, say they just picked you of the street or you won a contest, how would you play the role of bond???

would you be a dark secret agent like dalton, action man like craig, super suave like brosnan, comedy playboy like moore, or classic all rounder like connery/lasenby??? or maybe you'd put your own take on it???

Even though dalton is my all time fave 007, I'd probably go half craig style half moore style. I've done stand up before and I've served in the army so i think i could handle the action/comedy. What about you guys???

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Good idea! Being a girl, I am just on the sidelines here, but I want to read these.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'd Connery/Craig it. Probably going with the physicality of Craig, then the charm and accent of Connery (I do a spot on imitation).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'd Connery/Craig it too.
    I'd give audiences what they wanted. If they wanted a kitschy and kooky Bond, then they'd get a kitschy and kooky Bond. If they wanted a cold and calculating Bond, then they'd get a cold and calculating Bond.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I'd also combine Connery and Craig and throw in a dash of Dalton.
    I liked the Moore 70s humor. I'd be a mixture of Moore and Brosnan, haha.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 2,107
    I'd use my licence to kill to get rid of a few loose problems.

Edit: read the op. I'd be most like a Moore ; soft man on the edge, raise of an eyebrow et cetera. But there would be a huge difference ; I wouldn't be funny or charming. Just like in real life.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited November 2011 Posts: 1,699
    I'd play the role like Russell Grant's weekly performances on Strictly Come Dancing...

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    No Bond ever struck me as much of a dancer. They've always seemed more like the "stand at the bar and survey it all" type of guy.
    Unless it's a tango, maybe ...
    Never Say That Again.

Wait, it was NSNA that he tangoed, right? Or was it Octopussy?
    Heh heh. NSNA I am pretty sure. But it is the only kind of music I can see Bond stepping into with confidence.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I think he'd step to anything if Flavia Cacace were involved... ;)
  • I personally dress most similar to Craig irl, but I'd probably do a DAF Connery in terms of charm and wit, and a Craig in terms of coldheartedness.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 2,107
    What kind of music would James Bond have in his ipod?

Take for example the modern Bond / Craig's Bond.
    The Mission: Impossible theme.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd give audiences what they wanted. If they wanted a kitschy and kooky Bond, then they'd get a kitschy and kooky Bond. If they wanted a cold and calculating Bond, then they'd get a cold and calculating Bond.
    I'm wondering how you would do that @shadowonthesun ?
    Viewing the posts from the fans on this site alone, Bond fans are a diverse lot who have various opinions of how Bond should be portrayed.
    Then you have the average man in the street, who see's Bond as a tuxedo wearing, martini swilling, babe magnet that saves the world from over the top villains using cool gadgets. That's a big ask to get it right.
    Personally I'd give a mix of Connery and Dalton. Return to the Fleming Bond, but with a wry smile, and sense of humour. But tough as nails .

I'm wondering how you would do that @shadowonthesun ?
    By reading the script. By talking to the director and the producers. By watching the audience reaction to previous films (case in point, the mauling DIE ANOTHER DAY got).

It's not just a case of showing up and and being Bond. You are, after all, making a film, and films are made for audiences. If audiences don't like what they see, they vote with their feet. So it's all well and good to say that you want your interpretation of Bond to be gritty and hard-edged, falling in with Daniel Craig and Timothy Dalton ... but it's not going to last long if audiences are more-receptive to a Roger Moore-style Bond.
    Y'see, audience reaction isn't something you can easily gauge. When I saw DAD in theaters, people were cheering and whooping and loving the movie, yet had you asked those same people a week later, they were pissed at the direction it took, calling it the worst in the series.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i would play it however they required it to be done...

if they wanted it tongue in cheek, done...

if they wanted it serious, done...

what I personally prefer is a bit of Connery, a bit of TLD Dalton... thats how I'd envision playing Bond.
  • id channel Dalton from TLD and Craig from CR. Play James Bond as he otta be. The cold, sophisticated secret agent, a broken man, but who supplies an endless amount of action, wit, fine living, and girls. (Im having a fantasy of playing Bond as i listen to the Goldeneye reloaded theme lol)
    Didn't Fleming mention a few times how Bond has a "cruel mouth" ...?
    Y'see, audience reaction isn't something you can easily gauge.
    It's difficult. It's not impossible. And given the two-year (minimum) turn-around on Bond films, by the time EON are ready to make the next film, there is already an established popular consensus on the previous one.
  • I don't think I could ever do it even if I wanted to, for a start the guys who actually play the role are well recognized and established actors (sorry George), and for me to go out there and do everything that is asked, there's all kinds of alarm bells going off, I can't ignore the fact I wouldn't be a said established actor, just someone off the street, Bond enthusiast or otherwise, and then you'd be thinking ahead to when the pictures will be released in theaters to a worldwide audience, all eyes on me, and what if they didn't like it, what if I sucked, it's all very well for Craig, Brosnan etc as they do this year in year out (or used to), and must get used to any constructive criticism, but I don't know if I could handle it in my own capacity as a total unknown

Just for arguments sake, and if it were possible, in a dream for instance, I would maybe pick Dalton, nothing too energetic, just stand there looking serious and keeping horrible one liners and poor attempts at humor to a minimum, something that his predecessor seemed incapable of doing
  • When I first saw Dalton take the part I absolutely loved his take on the role as that was how I would have played it at the time. However, having gained a lot of life experience and having that calmer, more confident demeanor that you acquire with age I realize that my performance would have seemed a little "forced" if I had done it in that style (but hey, as a teen you're always a little dramatic). You don't want to outright copy anyone in a role because you'll never be as good as being them as they themselves are. Having said that, I'd probably aim for a healthy dose of Connery - that confidence without the smarm, that ability to take control of a situation, and that feeling of slight disbelief at what is happening that he ahd in the early films. Add a more realistic physicality to it such as Craig has and I think that would be a good interpretation.
  • SAMSAM
    Had I auditioned or was offered the role of James Bond, my performance would be based on Edward Fox's role (The Jackal) in The Day of the Jackal.

A character that is completely ruthless - sinister that he assasinates any person(s) that may jeopardise his identity or comprimise his mission.

This role shares many characteristics with Bond i.e Cold, Confident, Intelligent
  • And Michael Lonsdale was in it too, a really enthralling two and a half hours watch this film is.

Now that you mention it I wonder if Fox could of worked as Bond in 1973 instead of when Moore took over, we could of seen a blond Bond much earlier than Craig here, but I was just thinking it if could ever have been a plausible venture, at 36 at the time he would of been about the right age, uk born, and a fairly recognized individual at the time, although he would feature in the unofficial Bond film NSNA a decade later but even so
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2011 Posts: 15,690
    I would play him like image Roger Moore image... Especially like image Roger Moore image in Moonraker.
    Somebody seems to believe Roger Moore was the cool one.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Somebody seems to believe Roger Moore was the cool one.
    He *is* the cool one. image Sir Rog image is the coolest person on earth !!