Adult Rated Bond Movie ?

SAMSAM
edited November 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 107
Now that Daniel Craig has stepped into the role of Michael Blomqvist in the very dark and much anticipated The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,

I was wondering whether an Adult Bond (18 +) production should be made that is more ruthless, realistic and explicit than anything before.

A movie with no boundaries in regards to action, romance, language, storyline content e.g. trafficking.

A number of 18 + movies that have Bond influences have been enthralling productions e.g. American Psycho.

Love to know your thoughts MI6 Community ?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I myself wouldn't mind an adult Bond film, even though I think we shouldn't deny the younger ones the pleasure of Bond. Most of us grew up watching Bond as kids. That said, LTK received a child unfriendly rating and that never stopped me.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    As much as many of us may want this to happen one day, (I do) I can't see EON going there. The current rating for the series very well and hiring it may mean less income at the box office.
    They could always release a higher rated 'directors cut' as well as the usual release. Film a darker, more profound film, snip it for a younger audience and keep the original. But according to those graphic snap shots, they're pushing the 13 and older boundary already.
    EON is smart to not cut out any asses in the seats by making an adult movie. Asses inthe seats = more $$ in the coffers. They would be foolish to make an adult bond movie. LTK pulled out a lot of stops with many of the murders (sharks, incinerating, grinding bodies, exploding bad guys..)
    I don't need to see any bare breasts (though it would have been nice to see Jane Seymour and Luciana's ) but that being said if I want bare breasts I'll go see some other action hero. NOT BOND.
  • SAMSAM
    EON is smart to not cut out any asses in the seats by making an adult movie. Asses inthe seats = more $$ in the coffers
    This is a good point that you have raised OHMSS69 and I perfectly understand your argument; however I am not considering this issue in terms of a producer £$, but more as a James Bond enthusiast.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As a James Bond enthusiast, I'd love to see it. You really get closer to the books, that way, if you wanted to,
    EON is smart to not cut out any asses in the seats by making an adult movie. Asses inthe seats = more $$ in the coffers.
    And a lot of Bond fans get their first exposure to the series in their teenage years. If EON made a film that was 18+, they'd cut out a significant demographic, and lose a lot of potential audiences. That could trickle down for years to come, with a gap in viewership because of the loss.