Lost Bond Actors - Where are they now?

jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
in Bond Movies Posts: 10,588
If you're an actor who gets a gig starring in one of the most famed and highly publicized film franchises ever, how is it possible to completely fall off the grid?

This is a thread dedicated to discovering what happened to actors/actresses who, following their stint with the 007 series, have yet to be seen or heard from since.

What I'll be excluding from the thread are those who have been effected by the "Bond girl curse," in that while their careers may have suffered since their run-in with Bond, they are still seen out and about at events, autograph signings, etc.

Feel free to discuss and/or research any Bond alumni who seemed to have disappeared.

Comments

I know that GF was the only movie Tania Mallet did. I also known that the reason why she didn't make any movies afterwards was because, due to insurance reasons, she couldn't ride horses (her favourite occupation) while filming. But what has she become since then ? I really liked her as Tilly, an would have wished to see her more in other films.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Gerard wrote: »
    I know that GF was the only movie Tania Mallet did. I also known that the reason why she didn't make any movies afterwards was because, due to insurance reasons, she couldn't ride horses (her favourite occupation) while filming. But what has she become since then ? I really liked her as Tilly, an would have wished to see her more in other films.
    But Mallet is still contactable and remains heard from. What I'm talking about is those like Emily Bolton (Manuela in MR) who virtually hasn't been seen or heard from since her last acting credit in the early 90s.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 616
    Akiko Wakabayashi would be high up on this list.

Claudine Auger has also fallen off the grid. I don't think she even did interviews for the Bond documentaries or DVD supplementals.

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Claudine Auger did appear in quite a few giallo films.
    Also comedies and historical movies.

imdb.com/name/nm0000805/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

My favourite movie of hers post TB is Belfagor le Magnifique. Quite recommanded, that one.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Most notably, A Bay Of Blood. A quick glance at her IMDB page shows that Auger remained active up until 1997, then her acting career stopped entirely.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I really liked A Bay of Blood. Also saw her next to Giancarlo Giannini, Barbara Bouchet and Barbara Bach in Black Belly of the Tarantula.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    GoldenGun wrote: »

Most notably, A Bay Of Blood. A quick glance at her IMDB page shows that Auger remained active up until 1997, then her acting career stopped entirely.
    Auger can very well fit in with the "Bond girl curse" category which doesn't fit here.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,165
    I think a rational explanation behind the "Bond girl curse" is that most of them simply aren't very good actresses. Pretty I grant you, but half the time it wasn't even their voice we were hearing!

Look at Diana Rigg and Jane Seymour. They did just fine because they were talented as well as beautiful.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What happened to Chrome? Besides his roles in THE PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY and THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, what did he do?
    38018_lg.jpeg
    Whatever became of Michaela Clavell, alias Penelope Smallbone in OP ? And, from the same movie, what happened to Tina hudson (Bianca, the girl from the pre-credit scene) ?
    Where is Arnold Williams these days?