Roger Moore's "Thank You" Count

M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
in Bond Movies Posts: 538
A while back, my friend and I watched the Bond films to count how many times Roger Moore said "Thank You". Maybe Connery said it just as often, but when Moore said it, it sounded exceptionally cordial and polite.

The Spy Who Loved Me had 8 "Thank You's". A View to a Kill had 8 "Thank You's" as well, but it also had 11 "JAMES!". With "The Man with the Golden Gun", Moore only used 1 "Thank You" (they wanted to make him a darker Bond in that film, and they succeeded I guess). On the other end, Octopussy is Moore's politest outing at a whopping 13 "Thank You's".

Comments

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    My favourite is after the scene where Big says take out this honky and waste him
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    Oh yes. Absoluetely.

Big's goons throw him into an alleyway and he said "Thank You!". At this point my friend and i agreed that from hereon out, we'd count Moore's thank you's.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's always nice to find a purpose.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    If someone wants to volunteer and do a thank-you count of Live and Let Die, Moonraker or For Your Eyes Only (if you plan on watching one of them soon anyway), it would be much appreciated.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I think that @PropertyOfALady may have done a You Tube video on this subject. He can correct me if I'm wrong on this!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I think that @PropertyOfALady may have done a You Tube video on this subject. He can correct me if I'm wrong on this!

That was Daniel Craig.