QoS or SP, which film would have been more easily "fixed"

2»

Comments

QoS > SP

But both are #4 and #12 respectively,so I like them.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
    talos7 wrote: »
    I think QoS needs a facelift while SPECTRE needs extensive reconstructive surgery.

I guess this is called coining a phrase. Excellent!

I like it.

If QOS is just some rich bint having a bit of botox SP is Barry Sheene.

and to continue that logic, SF is a corpse already half rotten, no extensive surgery whatsoever can save it let alone revive it.

Ow...Jason ,even I cant agree with that one matey....QoS and SF are films I respect in the Bond canon.
    @barryt007

Your TLD is my SF he he... :P

Hahaha ok point taken ;)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I think QoS needs a facelift while SPECTRE needs extensive reconstructive surgery.

I like it.

and to continue that logic, SF is a corpse already half rotten, no extensive surgery whatsoever can save it let alone revive it.

Don't really see how you can loathe one so viscerally and at the other end of the spectrum love the other with such a passion. They're both cut from the same Mendes cloth. SP's cloth is cut a little bit more raggedly and has a few more gadgets if that's your thing and a dollop more action but other than that they share the same DNA.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    QOS is one of the greatest films of all time. SPECTRE is a pile of poo
  • RC7RC7

I like it.

Don't really see how you can loathe one so viscerally and at the other end of the spectrum love the other with such a passion. They're both cut from the same Mendes cloth. SP's cloth is cut a little bit more raggedly and has a few more gadgets if that's your thing and a dollop more action but other than that they share the same DNA.

SF and SP are as far away from each other as are TMWTGG and GF, or DAF and GF if you will.

Only because it's the same director doesn't mean both have to be near to each other in my ranking.

Time to call, 'The Doctor'.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2017 Posts: 5,991
    Hard call. QoS needs a toning down of its stylistic flourishes (if there are longer shots to be found). SP needs more of an overhaul--however, there is so much footage that trimming references here and there would probably work. SP could easily have been a two-hour film. Also QoS, really.

The story of SP was not epic enough for 2 1/2 hours, not like OHMSS, CR, or SF. Not even close.

I'm not sure why SP needed M to question Bond's loyalty. First of all, it's a tired trope. Second, there's no payoff (Fiennes-M just starts helping Bond). Third, Bond could have just shown Fiennes-M Dench's tape. Cut all the crap about Moneypenny and Q helping Bond on the sly and the whole middle of the film would be sleeker. While Bond is investigating Spectre, M is looking into C (and is perhaps, suspicious of Tanner--don't make him a traitor but deflect the obvious evilness that is C).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think QoS needs a facelift while SPECTRE needs extensive reconstructive surgery. In addition to a complete rewrite of the script many of the individual elements were poorly executed and boring. Both the car and plane chases were dull and retreads of sequences that have been done with more panache in other films. The "brother" storyline is tired and unnecessary. The Villain's lair in the crater is an interesting concept but lacks the grandeur that had been seen in past Bond films. On top of this is the oft mentioned score that is for the most part a rehash of what was done for SF.

QFT. Well said.