When did our favorite shows Jump the shark?

2»

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    :O Fiona is the best part of the show!!! At the least she's my favorite character.
    I like Michael and I love Sam... but I can't stand Fiona...
    Burn Notice: with the addition of Jesse, although I still watch it faithfully, this season he is put to better (limited)use than last season. We really didn't need the addition of a new member of the trio.
    But Jesse was a fundamental part of Season 4's plot.

Although I do admit that I am having a bit of difficult following the show. I missed a lot of the first two and a half seasons, and while the local broadcaster is showing the tail end of Season 4, it's disjointed and irregular. The overall plot in particular is difficult to follow - as near as I can tell, Michael was burned in a conspiracy to get someone inside a clandestine organisation that posed a threat to a newtork of government agents and billionaires.
  • :O Fiona is the best part of the show!!! At the least she's my favorite character.

i don't know who Fiona is but I don't like her already.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    :O Fiona is the best part of the show!!! At the least she's my favorite character.

Why ?

I don't mind Fiona, but I find that she's a bit too tomboyish for my liking. I like that her eagerness to resort to extreme measures is treated a running gag (moreso since she stopped sulking when she didn't get her way), but I find that she's lacking defined feminine traits beyond a taste for shoes. You could replace Gabrille Anwar with a man, change the character name (of course), and there wouldn't be too much difference. I just think she's a little pale in comparison to some of the other female characters in the genre at the moment, like Kate Beckett ("Castle") and Ziva David ("NCIS").
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 2,782

Why ?

I used to know a girl in college called Fiona, very prim and proper, a toff. We started dating and this went on for a few months until I found out that she only wanted to go out with me because I was 'exotic' and that her friends wouldn't have the balls to do it.

Although I went through prep school and a noted independent school and college I was still seen as an 'exotic' by these toffs. So I stopped liking her and just used her until I was entirely satisfied.

So that's why I don't like women called Fiona and in the burn notice case she's just a cheap imitation of Katie Holmes.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 170
    delete