Bond 23 plot ?

db7db7
edited November 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 6
Perhaps a Julian Assange type backstory will be used as the jumping off point for M's apparent confrontation with her
past. Imagine an orchestrated release of sensitive and controversial information incriminating M and MI6's involvement in illegal and potentially damaging actions that could adversely upset global diplomatic relations, homeland/military/financial security and or political stability. Bardem could be the puppet master who directs the operation to embarass and destroy the UK's (perhaps the entire West's) ability to maintain control of it's intelligence, thereby exposing our weaknesses and shifting the balance of power toward the East or perhaps something or someone even more sinister. Cue the Bond theme...now!

Comments

I thought that it may be a terrorist event (MI6 under attack) which links to M's past and Bond has to head off a bigger global terrorism event. Though I acknowledge it does have a similar theme to TWINE..
  • db7db7
    I thought of that as well and it may be a Frankenstein of sorts in the end, but I did notice that China was mentioned and they are aggressively stealing information from other countries covertly (like pre-infected hard drives that gather and send intel back to it's manufacturers government). What better way to put the nail in the West's coffin then by exposing our critical intel and operations, not to mention our agents worldwide.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I doubt - at least at this stage - that the plot has much specificially to do with China, given the latter country seems to have been a third-choice location, following the falling through of filming in India and then South Africa. That could change, though, of course...
  • db7db7
    Good point st_George. I do believe 23 will be one for the books...no matter what the storyline.
    I doubt - at least at this stage - that the plot has much specificially to do with China, given the latter country seems to have been a third-choice location, following the falling through of filming in India and then South Africa. That could change, though, of course...
    Someone else on the forum stated that the producers were scouting locations in Shanghai two years ago! Can't remember which thread.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited November 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Someone else on the forum stated that the producers were scouting locations in Shanghai two years ago! Can't remember which thread.
    Interesting point. Must say, I don't remember that post. And I do suspect Shaghai (and elsehwere in China) is a stand-in for India/ South Africa, given London, Scotland and Istanbul were all acknowledged as shooting locations before yesterday's conference. However, what do I know? Maybe China was always intended as a location all along as it was in the script from the very beginning, as you seem to nudge towards suggesting... ;)
    On the subject of Shanghai, I saw a documentary on a discovery channel about the building of it own World Trade Centre (where you can exhibit cars on the 100th or something like that floor, due a lift designed to take cars up vertically). The crux of this story is that the owners said going on 2 years maybe more ago that Bond 23 would be filmed there, so the fact they were going to China has been nailed on for years and the use of this building is almost certain.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1745/china-turkey-and-scotland.-so....what-are-your-thoughtss/p1
    To be honest, I wouldn't say a claim made by a bod unconnected to Eon in a documentary on the Discovery Channel meant that Shanghai was 'bolted on' for an appearance in Bond 23. Such charlies tend to exaggerate their chances for, you know, exposure of their business interests. Still, like I said, who knows...?
    Thinking back to post QoS time I recall a comment (possibly on here) that a draft script for Bond 23 had a 'shocking' plot basis - I got the impression of a global disease/pandemic? I do wonder if Skyfall has a dark/serious angle to it. If so, Mendes would be a good director for it....
  • db7db7
    db5007....something raining down from above perhaps? could it be DEATH!!