SKYFALL - the documentary

edited November 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 1,894
With James Bond heading into his 50th anniversary on film, there has been a lot of speculation about how EON is going to celebrate the milestone. Based on some of the comments at the press conference, the consensus among the cast and crew seems to be that the best way to celebrate it is to make the best possible film, one that will be a credit to the franchise.

However, there was one early comment from Michael G. Wilson that stood out: during production of SKYFALL, the film crew will be followed by a documentary team. I am intrigued by this notion; I think a feature-length documentary on the process from its inception will be an interesting experience.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Comments

• I don't know...I feel like MGW was kust trying to throw something out to answer on that question. And why exactly would EON go to full lengths to make a documentary when other productions are meant to just do that?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Very much so. EON need to go out of their way to make this not only a well known about film but also providing an in depth process of it's making from beginning to end for the eventual DVD/BD release.

There should be a lot of coverage for the 50th anniversary next year and whatever else is planned.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 5,745
    I wish I was best friends with everybody on that documentary team ^:)^
    I hear they are going to get all the ex-007 actors to sit in a room and chat about the character. (apart from Connery who wants to take no part of it....)
    I see it as an ITV Special around the time the film airs then on to the SF blue-ray
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Anyone else looking forward to it?
    That's quite a daft question.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Very much so. EON need to go out of their way to make this not only a well known about film but also providing an in depth process of it's making from beginning to end for the eventual DVD/BD release.

There should be a lot of coverage for the 50th anniversary next year and whatever else is planned.
    Exactly and you're right, there should be. The producers have also gone on record months ago about doing a year long celebratory campaign to some degree in recognition of this milestone so yeah I think there's a lot to be excited about long before Skyfall is released.