A look back to 2011: Happy New Year Everbody !!

2»

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Best thing that happened to me, as a Bond fan, this year: the announcement of SF after they'd finally sorted out all the financial troubles.

Worst thing that happened to me, as a Bond fan, this year: the departure of John Barry, an artist so gifted, his music will never cease to inspire me to warm thoughts.
  • Yes starting next Bond is good thing, but not to say this until they finish the work.

Worst thing is that probably I have just missed next Bond screening, even in London, so bad because I wanted to see at least part of it, on my own eyes, in real time :-). But good that this forum exists, and You are posting pictures - thank You all.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    DarthDimi wrote:

Best thing that happened to me, as a Bond fan, this year: the announcement of SF after they'd finally sorted out all the financial troubles.

Worst thing that happened to me, as a Bond fan, this year: the departure of John Barry, an artist so gifted, his music will never cease to inspire me to warm thoughts.

Oh I so agree!
    Also happy to have Bardem and Fiennes in Skyfall.

Happy fast approaching New Years from Seoul MI6'ers!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Happy New Year! (nearly there now!)
    Cheers! From Japan to all Bond fans everywhere! Consider a martini glass raised ... ;)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2011 Posts: 4,399
    i shall have myself a Vesper tomorrow in honor of all ye here at Mi6..... then right after that, a chocolate martini, which if no one here has tried, you must - such a delicious drink - you almost forget that your drinking alcohol lol.... but i plan to have myself plenty of those, and plenty of white russians as well - now if i could have the female variety of those to go with the drink, i'd be all set ;) lol..

everyone have a safe, and happy new year... drink and be merry - and let's all hope for an amazing 2012, personally and globally.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    HASEROT wrote:
    i shall have myself a Vesper tomorrow in honor of all ye here at Mi6..... then right after that, a chocolate martini, which if no one here has tried, you must - such a delicious drink - you almost forget that your drinking alcohol lol.... but i plan to have myself plenty of those, and plenty of white russians as well - now if i could have the female variety of those to go with the drink, i'd be all set ;) lol..

everyone have a safe, and happy new year... drink and be merry - and let's all hope for an amazing 2012, personally and globally.

I'll toast to that my friend! \m/ <:-P
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Its 12:36 1/1/12 here in New Zealand so....

<font color=tomato size=7><b>HAPPY NEW YEAR</b></font>

:)>- :)>- :)>-
    Will take the opportunity now to wish everyone on MI6 forums around the world a very happy, healthy, and peaceful new year!

Best Bond thing for me in 2011 is the news on Skyfall!

Worst Bond thing is its not out this year! :(( ;) lol! In all seriousness though i have to agree that it is the loss of John Barry
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Happy New Year all! 2012 is almost here I'm sure it'll be a great year for us all in Bond and non-Bond news.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    We're 18 minutes into 2012... So Happy New Year to everyone who's yet to enter the new year !! <:-P <:-P
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    about 6 more hours left in new York,, about to get the liquor out.. Drinking jack Daniels all the way into 2012. Happy NEw year!!!!
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 1,817
    This was my first year in the MI6 Community. I've had a great time. Thanks and happy new year to you all!
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Seven minutes to go in the UK... and I can already hear fireworks!
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    As said before: happy new year everyone! and to all the people in the GMT- zone: a message from the future: 2012 is awesome :D
    I'll know if it's awesome or not in one minute!
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Happy New Year to you all. Just in the the nick of time GMT.

I want 2012 to be a better year for me personally, so I need to work harder and hopefully a great film that will everyone will be talking about this new year will be my reward, my Skyfall.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The end of the world begins.

On a lighter note, happy new year to everyone at MI6 Community.
    OK, 2012 is awesome! I'm looking forward to a great year too and not just because of a certain film. Skyfall will only be the icing on one great cake. Onward!
  • Diamonds are Forever playing in 2012 in London - awesome followed by Adele - an omen.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Diamonds are Forever playing in 2012 in London - awesome followed by Adele - an omen.

Just turned on the TV to hear that too. Very spooky. And boy, does Adele sound good coming straight after Bassey.

It's odd, was that just a good song choice by those involved, is someone pleased Bond is back or is someone foreshadowing something. ;)

As for the fireworks, what a waste of money. I could create something better in my head by closing my eyes!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2012 Posts: 15,690
    And the date/time indication of every 2011 posts on the forum has changed with only the month and year indicated.
  • And the date/time indication of every 2011 posts on the forum has changed with only the month and year indicated.

That's soooooooooooooooooooooooo last year.

A shame that we now can't tell which day of the month the posts came from though.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,447
    Gelukkig nieuw jaar en een goed 2012.

Happy New Year and a good 2012.

2012_826056.jpg
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Happy New Year, peeps - here's to a positively shocking 2012 (in the best possible way, of course)...! ;)

2012-happy-new-year-wallpaper-2_large.jpg