Jimmy Savile (1926 - 2011)

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited October 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 13,350
Jimmy Savile best known for his BBC television show Jim'll Fix It and for being the first and last presenter of the long-running BBC chart show Top of the Pops has died, he was 84. It's worth noting he would have been 85 in two days time.

RIP.

Comments

• I was thinking about including this earlier today when I heard the news but someone beat me to it, I didn't think it would be 'relevant enough' more to the point

No disrespect to Savile by that, the man was a most colorful and distinguished individual and the world will be a poorer place for his passing

He actually was a wrestler years back with limited success before going on to bigger things

He even worked at Broadmoor Hospital for the Criminally insane as an entertainment officer many years back as I understand it

There, He once booked a magician who sawed a woman in half

It was the only time when no-one in the audience asked 'how was it done'

:-|

RIP
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited October 2011 Posts: 642
    A great loss to Brit Pop Culture. My uncle met him many times during fundraising events and always admired him. He did what the Brits do best - eccentric to the max!

Whatever your opinion of Sir Jim. For one man to drum up £40m+ of donations is a real acheivment. God bless him. RIP
  • He almost fixed it for me once.

A british pop cultural icon and great charity supporter gone. RIP. Thank you for being part of my childhood.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Uncle Jim, noooooooo!