Lets try: who is Bond's most annoying ally?

13»

Comments

Christmas Jones
    Rosie Carver
    Jinx
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Strictly most annoying: Jinx
    Followed closely by: Christmas Jones and Stacey Sutton
    Then possibly Jack Wade and Rosie Carver, then Mary Goodnight

Judging on annoying, not incompetent
    Sometimes they can be annoying BECAUSE of their incompetence. Sometimes.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,492
    I think jack wade and jinx lead the pack.

I would add samantha bonds moneypenny to that. I found her supercillious, smug and borderline bitchy.

God bless naomi harris
    My "negative nine", if you will-

Bibi Dahl- a fawning slut, bubbleheaded bimbo, and jailbait too. Bond wouldn't touch her and can't blame him for observing the proper statutes.
    agreed man she was annoying

Mary Goodnight- worst MI6 agent in history, just embarrassing compared to the book. Bond treats her with total contempt and exactly how I would treat her, easy sex. Only difference between her and Dahl- at least she's legal.
    100% agree
    Rosie Carver- Gloria Hendry is an awful double agent, but not as bad as Goodnight because she's a rookie. Not attractive either, where was Vonetta McGee when they needed her?
    yeah she was pretty absmal
    Jinx- from the Oscar to "Yo Mama". The only reason Berry would have accepted such a horribly written project such as this is because she wanted to be a Bond girl...enough said...
    the most absymal Bond girl ever seriously i was hoping that she would be killed off rather than Miranda Frost

Christmas Jones- probably the worst actress ever in the series. Totally monotone. Eye candy you say? I've seen better eye candy who could at least act a little bit. How drunk was Charlie when he married her?

actually i will admit she isnt totally bad...not the greatest actress in the world but a 1,000 times better than Stacey Sutton besides she was hot in TWINE

Stacey Sutton- a competent geologist, but not much else upstairs. The blimp scene about sums it up. Tanya Roberts is easily better looking than the rest of these actresses save Berry, but she's terribles.
    oh god, she is cute i suppose but god she was dumb

Ruby Bartlett- Angela Scoular looks horrible, she's wasn't nearly as ugly in real life. Shagging Catherine Von Schell, yeah baby, Ruby...BLECCHHHHH. Guess he thought she was an easy mark for intelligence. Definitely not a recommended cure for penile dysfunction.

Which movie was she in?
    Corinne Dufour- unattractive and a poor body. They couldn't have got a better French actress? A case of sleeping with someone to get info. I would have gnawed my arm off at the shoulder to avoid waking the beast. Dolly adds to the gag factor of the women in this movie, Emily Bolton the only saving grace.
    actually i have a soft spot for her as she was rather cute and the chemeistary with her and Roger was lovely.

Samantha Bond as Moneypenny- yes, I said it! I'll take Caroline Bliss any day, Bond's acting and lines all but destroyed the legacy left by Lois Maxwell. Only place they can go is up with whoever replaces her.

disagree, Samantha Bond was better than Bliss who lets face it acted like a schoolgirl fancying Dalton's Bond there wasnt any fliration at all...atleast Sam and Pierce had a more flirty (alright some ropey dialogue in GE but TND had a good couple of lines)

lets not forget QOS's Camille who was so boring and depressing
    Lieutenant Hip from TMWTGG was definitely pretty worthless and bothersome ally; his personality is pretty grating, whether that is a result of the actor or just the screenwriting for the character. I never did like him!
  • Natalya always annoys me. She's not a terrible character but she still gets on my nerves. Perhaps it's her awful haircut, fashion sense and husky accent. I fail to see the appeal.

I used to hate Goodnight but after rewatching TMWTGG recently I started to like her a little. She's useless, but at least she's honest when it comes to rejecting Bond and then changing her mind. :-))

Stacy didn't bother me much either. Jinx of course is terrible, mainly for her one-liners.

None of Bond's male allies really got on my nerves.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Stacy and Jinx, two women who JUST WOULDN'T STOP BREATHING.

If I hear JAMES JAMES JAMES JAMES JAMES JAMES JAMES one more time, I'll snap. There are fan edited versions of Star Wars cutting out Jar Jar, so how about a Bond fan does us a solid and edits a version of AVTAK without Stacy's damn shouting and all of DAD without Jinx, or at least cut it so she dies in some way.

I would throw up JW but he is more a racist pig than most annoying.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    jackdagger wrote:
    Natalya always annoys me. She's not a terrible character but she still gets on my nerves. Perhaps it's her awful haircut, fashion sense and husky accent. I fail to see the appeal.

I think that is the appeal! I love the haircut, fashion sense and husky (sexy) accent. Maybe it's just me...
  • Actually, the Simonova character was quite irritating every now and again. Can't quite place it, but she's one of my less memorable names from Goldeneye

Hip, in an above response, was another character that didn't get up to much, and driving off without Bond... Just didn't understand that, but I didn't find him overly annoying. Just questioned his decisions at times, that's all

Christmas Jones, was another character you wanted to throw heavy objects at the screen, but that's about all characters mentioned now in this 'most annoying' capacity I think
  • Jinx.
    Just simply Jinx.

Jinx (makes my toes curl with rage)

Jack "Jimbo" Wade (I want to punch him)
    Bibi Dahl (cute but annoying)
    Mary Goodnight (cute but dumb)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    For me, and I'm the first to mention him, the guy named Felix in TLD. Why they also called him Felix and why Bond pretends he's his long-time pal Felix Leiter is beyond me. The guy is annoying, incompetend, and sends two ugly girls to pck up Bond, in stead of some lovelies.

Other then that it's the usual suspects Jinx and Sutton. Why people don't like Christmas I don't know, I just use the mute button.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Mary Goodnight. ugh I shudder just thinking about her.
  • felix
    felix

I could see the Norman Burton, Rik van Nutter, and Cec Linder interpretations, and maybe even Bernie Casey, if you count him, but the others?
    I was never a fan of Luigi in FYEO
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Samuel001 wrote:
    jackdagger wrote:
    Natalya always annoys me. She's not a terrible character but she still gets on my nerves. Perhaps it's her awful haircut, fashion sense and husky accent. I fail to see the appeal.

I think that is the appeal! I love the haircut, fashion sense and husky (sexy) accent. Maybe it's just me...

Its not just you. I really like her too. She's beautiful, self reliant yet down to earth.

Can I add Caroline Bliss's Moneypenny - bloody school girl!!
    MrMeGusta wrote:
    Jinx.
    Just simply Jinx.

This. I would say Christmas Jones, but her acting is the only reason I find her annoying. Acting isn't going to help Jinx.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ultrabox wrote:
    MrMeGusta wrote:
    Jinx.
    Just simply Jinx.

This. I would say Christmas Jones, but her acting is the only reason I find her annoying. Acting isn't going to help Jinx.

A nice bullet to the head sure would.
    Kara Milovoy - The only lead bond girl that seemed even dumber than Plenty O'Toole
    Jack Wade looked like a bad JW pepper ripoff
    Dr Goodhead was pretty dull as well - memorable name but terrible acting

My favourites are Quarrel and Tatiana Romanova.
    Pepper Pot-belly by far the worst...
  • In no order :

JW Pepper
    BiBi
    Goodhead
    Jinx
    Christmas Jones
  • Goodnight? Goodnight? Goodnight!
    Good night, Sir
    ;)
  • Oh! I forgot Sheriff JW Pepper. He brought LALD down alot for me. Man With the Golden Gun sucked already, so he just helped it more.
  • Oh! I forgot Sheriff JW Pepper. He brought LALD down alot for me. Man With the Golden Gun sucked already, so he just helped it more.

I'll give you that TMWTGG sucked thats a given.
    How can you say JW Pepper brought LALD down?
    Again I have to question the sense of humour, or lack of, from some on theses pages.
    [-(